Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 2:52 PM
Default milkshape 3D crashes when checking draw vertices with bones
Hi!

I'm not sure if i'm the only one with this issue, and it's really frustrating in my case, since I need to manually change these bones, But whenever I check 'draw vertices with bones' with an object mesh that does has bones, Milkshape crashes. I'm using the 1.8.5 Beta version, but something tells me it's the WSO file i'm using that might corrupt the bones since this issue showed up about 6 months ago.

Sim bodies are fine.

Am I the only one with this issue? Does someone knows how to fix it? Do I need a new plugin version for WSO for Milkshape 3D? I even tried the WSO plugins for 2.88 and exported it with that version of TSRW.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 8:50 PM Last edited by PizzaPartyForever : 5th Aug 2022 at 6:45 AM.
Bumping this thread out of the depths of hell (hope that isn’t against the rules, lol) because I’ve had this problem on and off for YEARS at this point and I finally figured out why.

1. Update your graphics card drivers,
2. reset your milkshape to a clean version by deleting the file located at C:/Users/(yourUsername)/AppData/Roaming/Milkshape. Now when you restart milkshape it will generate a new file with completely default settings, so you will need to reinstall any plugins/re-register your activation code but other than that you're golden!

It’s such an easy fix I could cry.

**EDIT**

Another dumb little hack if, for whatever reason, you're still crashing;

Import your reference mesh then delete it. The bones from the ref mesh will still be saved under the joints tab. Then you just select your mesh, then select the bone from the little drop down menu that’s right under the draw with bone colors check box, then hit assign.

Obviously, this way works best with objects with only one bone, but if you’re an absolute masochist you attempt to brute force it with multibone objects.

In Stuffed Crust, We Do Trust.