Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 10:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default "as i upload a Lot to a file on my game, it crashes!"
ive worked on two lots (RESIDENTAL AND COMMUNITY) for a while to upload onto this site.

-first, i went to the options panel and made the 'screenshot' quality 'high'.

-then i clicked on the lot(s) (in neighbour) and clicked the custom button, so i could upload them.

the music from the game went off and the cursor (blue arrow) went white, so i thought then there was a jam in my game.

i minimized it and it crashed.
But what came up was: Error! then it said it was shutting down my game
i did this 3-4 more times, on both lots!

i then did a computer scan to see if an error, or virus had come into 1 of my 'sim' folders. it seems to be clear

i then put both the lots into the 'house bin' and moved them over into pleasantville...and the same thing has happened!?!

strange thing is that its only happened now!

i've downloaded only 1 thing since my last attempt to put a Lot into a file

please help me

xxSpSxx

p.s. i have searched through the help forums and have not met any forum which matches this problem exactly
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 11:11 PM
The only times I ever had a problem like this was after I'd made a lot, packaged it to a file then quit the game and installed that packaged lot to test it out. When I then when back into the game, modified the lot and tried to package it again the game would crash.

Does that make sense? What I'm trying to say is that I found I couldn't package a lot that had been installed from a package. It had to be an original lot or it would crash.

I don't know if this is what is happening to you? Hope you get an answer if not.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 11:19 PM
it might be that because i admit that i have packaged one of the lots to test it out.
i am going to test out another original lot to see what happens.

thanks for posting!

xxSpSxx
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 11:59 PM
I believe this problem is caused by custom terrain paints, or something like that, I don't quite remember. Do you have any hacks, and do you have any custom content in your lot?

Also, with my game, if the lot's got too much stuff in it, it won't work right. But, this problem could also be caused by something bad in your downloads folder. try removing all stuff from that folder and seeing if it works then.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 2:25 PM
thanks for the help. . error = gone
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 6:38 PM
Could you please let us know what you did specifically to resolve the crashing problem?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects