Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 11:32 AM Last edited by DJ. : 17th Jul 2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Another topic showed up...

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default >Castaway dissapeared after switching to a new profile?!< -- About lots and Neigborhoods in CS?
Hi all! I was just wondering...

I bought The Sims: Castaway Stories three days ago! Yay! And of course, I already told the story. It was super-fun-cool! But still...

If anyone has Castaway Stories, he or she knows that the Story Mode is called Shipwrecked and Single, and Freeplay Mode is called Wanmami Island.

I'm so bugged that we can't place new lots in the game (Freeplay or Story Mode) -- and thanks Mootilda for the tutorial; it didn't worked. I'm not very familiar with SimPE.
And you can't make new neighborhoods. My first "simple" question is; Can you make a new neighborhood? (With SimPE. I'll just see if this one works. )

And as I was searching the saved games folder, there was no folder named "SC4 Terrains". (Neither in UserData folder in "The Sims Castaway Stories\TSData\Res".) And I really like the shape of the both Felicity Island (Shipwrecked and Single) and Wanmami Island. Question #2: How can I extract .sc4 file from the neighborhoods listed above, so I could place it in The Sims 2?

And third and final question: Can I rename the existing neighborhoods in The Sims: Castaway Stories? For example; from "Shipwrecked and Single" to "Shipwrecked and Alone", or "Felicity Island"? Or, from "Wanmami Island" to "Twikkii Island"?

Any is greatly appreciated.

~DJ.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 4:39 PM
HoodReplace (see my profile) will copy neighborhood terrains, roads, trees, and deco from one neighborhood to another. However, you should be aware that normal Sims 2 neighborhoods are smaller than the Castaway Stories neighborhoods, so you'll need to either 1) stretch the original terrain so that it fits the new neighborhood or 2) select a location in the new neighborhood where you want to copy the original terrain (the rest of the neighborhood will remain the same). HoodReplace will give you these options during the copy.

Please note that I haven't done a lot of testing with Castaway Stories. Be sure to backup your neighborhoods before running HoodReplace.

I'm sorry that you couldn't get my tutorial working. Did you try using the numbers supplied by people in the tutorial thread, or were you using your own numbers? If you gave us more information about what you've done and the results, we might be able to help. Just post the extra information in the tutorial thread.

One other thing: a useful title can really help convince the right person to read your thread. "Khm, khm... a simple question(s)!" is meaningless, especially because people always think that their questions are simple (... it's the answers that are hard ). How about "New Castaway Stories Terrain"?
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 1:51 PM
OK, Mootilda, I changed the title, just for you! OK, for everyone else...

And about your tutorial; I've already told you that I'm not skilled for SimPE. I can just make something simple, like modifying the 'UIText.package' in 'Texts' folder of Program files. I don't know if thats the reason, but I only have 512MB of RAM, and when I tried to export (I mean, load, modify, open) a Neighborhood, for exaple, Twikkii Island, Pleasantview (oh, expecially Pleasantview), Bluewater Village... SimPE, or, should I say, my system, becomes slow and unstable. If SimPE stops responding, my XP explodes... and when I quit SimPE, XP is slow 'til the next boot. Well, I'm not really sure if RAM is the thing what makes SimPE to slow down my system, but still. And yes, I have disabled all the expansions and Stuff packs in FileTable. So I don't want to use SimPE. No, I Do Not.

And for the HoodReplace, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help (and a tip for the title ),

~DJ.
Site Helper
#4 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Jul 2011 at 8:53 PM.
Unfortunately, there's no utility which will allow you to add lots, other than SimPE. If I think of some other way, I'll let you know.

What happens if you remove all of the SimPE paths except Castaway Stories? That should make SimPE require less memory, since it's not dragging in every objects.package. You can always add them back as required.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:28 AM
No, if I untick all of EPs and BaseGame in FileTable, it 'reverts'; I mean, everything is selected again. And I tried ticking Castaway Stories, and then un-ticking everything else, but my darn SimPE won't do that, as soon as I un-tick Base Game, everything is ticked again except for CS... Well, looks like I will move some of the natives out and move my family in... since Shady Lagoon is a community lot. Darn! >(

Well, yeah, that's the solution. For now. I guess...

Anyways, thanks for the effort, Mootilda, and for HoodReplace, it worked! Now instead of custom downtown, I have... custom... downtown. Ok. But anyways, yes, it works! Thanks!

~DJ.
Site Helper
#6 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:32 PM
My only other suggestion for making SimPE faster: try unchecking everything except for Castaway Stories and the base game. Perhaps with just those two, you will be able to use SimPE.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 12:04 PM
Default Castaway dissapeared after switching to a new profile
Oh. My. God. I. Am. So. Stupid. !.

Yes, I am. I haven't even remembered I could do that! Gee...

OK! So, I'll try to do that. And when I come home (about 9pm), I will try to follow your tutorial again. And edit my download. (Don't ask.)

And one more thingy. Is there any way to make testingCheatsEnabled say it, enabled, in Castaway Stories? Because I really can't play without the cheat!

And yes, seems like something is corrupted in my game:

I already told the story, as I said in the first post. And today I wanted to tell another one. (The first story I've told was on a custom profile.) So, I made new profile (along with the 1st custom -- so that means; I have two custom profiles), named it differently than the other one (duh...) and started playing (in both profiles I made a custom Sim in CAS!). So I made to the chapter 6, and closed the game. After a nice swim, I came back home and opened CS, and changed profile (to the one with complete story). And, I never play Wanmami Island (only Shipwrecked and Single). Anyways, I entered the neighborhood (S&S), and clicked on Return to Sim. But on that family thumbnail -- the one on the loading screen, where the married couple hold hands and other -- there was no my Castaway! There was only his wife Tumata! (My Castaway was not in Family Bin, and his wife (actually, everyone in S&S) appeared to didn't know him at all! You know, he wasn't on the Relationship panel. And he had twins with his wife -- they were gone from The Sims too!

So shortly, after I created and played new profile, and switched back to old one, main character was gone, along with his two sons. (Yes, I have tried clicking on a Village Residence, but he wasn't there!)

Can you please me with that? Thanks!

~DJ.
Site Helper
#8 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:00 PM
Do you have a backup that you can restore?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 4:55 PM
Um... since I bought the game three days ago, I didn't.

*labels the box with "Spoilage Rate: Extremely High"*

(Sorry for the late response. I'm on my neighbor's computer; something went wrong with my Internet back home.)

Anyone else have a solution, except for a restoring a backup? Even my character in Wanmami Island has two teenage boys?

~DJ.