Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Seasons
Default In need of a program that can identify bad custom content
Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the correct area, if not I'm very sorry..but I'm wondering if anyone may know of a program that can identify bad custom content in your sims 3 game. I've never had any problems with my Sims 3 game until a few months ago when I think I may have installed something that is corrupt. My pregnant Sims will give birth and there would be NO BABY, and if by chance there was one, it would only be some deformed looking gigantic glitch that flashed throughout my game screen. I did some reading up on it and tried several different methods and nothing seems to help. First I tried going back through the game launcher and deleting any content that looked "suspicious". That didn't help. Then I tried just starting the game without the Mods folder in it and that did help, but I wouldn't see alot of content at my lots that were installed/used on the lots when I first made the families. I did attempt to take out what I thought was the problem causer, but now my game won't even load if the Mods folder is still in the game. So, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a program that I could may use that would help me find the file/files that I can't seem to find. Thank you in advance.

"Life without LOVE is NO life at all"
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 11:22 PM

Thank you. I went back and tried to delete the ones that looked weird, but the game still won't load with the Mods folder in it. It just goes to a black screen with a spinning blue circle in the middle of it. Even tho I delete the cache files before hand.

Site Helper
#4 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 2:42 PM
Will the game load if you temporarily remove the entire Mods folder?

if so, http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content might help.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Will the game load if you temporarily remove the entire Mods folder?

if so, http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content might help.

Yes. I'm just so used to having my Mods in the game and would really hate to not be able to use them. Thank you for that link, I'm going to look over it right now.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 8:52 PM
Have you recently, before this happened, downloaded and installed a sim, from whatever source ? Make sure to go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/SavedSims and look for a file called downloadedsims.index. Delete that file. That worked for me when I had the black screen thing. (I had deleted the sim in game and caused black screen)

Make sure that ALL your mods are up-to-date and that there are no conflicts between the mods. At this point I cannot give you more detailed information about mod conflicts, which means you may have to do some research yourself. You may try removing one mod, starting the game, seeing if it works, then removing the next one, and so on. That way, most incompatible mods can be filtered.

After you made sure that all your (core) mods are OK, delete the scriptCache.package file in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.
Site Helper
#7 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 12:41 AM
If it works when your Mods folder is not in the game, you have something in the folder that is not working. Once you track it down and get rid of it the rest should work The link I posted earlier shows a good way to track down a bad or conflicting file in your Mods.
And it's not as time-consuming as it seems as though it would be. (Remember the old story about the sage who asked the Emperor to just give him a bit of rice as a payment for speaking on the Emperor's behalf to stop the peasants rioting over food, and asked him to put one grain on the first square of a chessboard, 2 on the second, 4 on the third, etc. until he had filled all the squares. The Emperor agreed, and began filling the chessboard. His storehouse was empty before the 20th square was filled. Instead of multiplying, you're dividing by 2. If you started with enough files to choke a chessboard, you really need to merge some of them. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook