Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2018 at 5:40 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 23rd May 2018 at 6:01 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default These idiots need proper disciplining
Okay, I've had it. I've fucking had it.

I have a Let's play to film, and I'd be long done already if not for these goddamn nuisances ruining everything I ever try to do. They're running off all the time, obsessing over the TVs and the stereos, running off to mess with the little synthesizer thingies I've set up, and they're getting stuck and resetting while doing it. They're switching outfits and they're passing out all over the place. When they're not off somewhere doing something I don't want them to do, they're refusing to stick to the one thing I do want them to do. The dancers won't dance. The cliques won't clique. The rebels won't rebel, and the nerds won't nerd. If the businesspeople, the snobs, the brats and the townies were here, it'd be even worse.

A short description of the current situation: two teenaged punks are sitting at the keyboard synthesizers competely motionless, refusing to get up. A woman in a pink leotard has passed out and is lying on the ground smiling, with her eyes wide open. 2 more synthesizers have been cloned and are currently being played, somewhere way off from where they belong, by a girl in a tube top and a man in all-white. The dance floor has been taken over by women standing around dancing awkwardly wearing the wrong clothes or doing nothing at all, as has the rest of the building. A small group of (seemingly) mature adults are gathered around a man telling scary stories, blocking the path of several other Sims. At least 5 people have beamed out entirely, despite the fact that the transporter won't be invented for another 150 years at this point.

I promised myself (and probably plenty of other people too) that I'd have this whole LP thing sorted out 2 days ago as of today, and yet here I am (rightfully) blaming a fictional species for preventing me from doing so in a timely fuckin' manner. I'd have to spend several more afternoons filming and then salvaging bits of footage to put together a very mediocre part of my episode that was originally intended to be the best and most interesting part of it.

For the record, I can cope with the less-than-ideal game performance. It's adequate. The framerate is just the right amount of cinematic without being too bothersome.

I told myself I wouldn't be murdering anyone but I'm having to deal with several dozen pains in the ass here and it's really testing my patience. What's the quickest, easiest, least performance-hogging way to make it seem like there's a semblance of order in this absolute shithole of a venue?

Let me know. Until then, the beatings will continue until morale improves.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2018 at 6:02 PM
If you need them to do something specific, make sure their motives are maxed out, that the sims you want to have under control are controllable, and turn off free will? It works in TS2 (at least for storytelling and video creating), so I don't see why it wouldn't work in TS3.

If that's not how you play, then I don't know. Maybe you need some nuisance mods of some sort.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2018 at 6:09 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work either.....yet here we are. Free will's off, everyone seems to be at least mildly content, and the 5 or 6 households I've split these Sims across (I've really got to fix that) are only a cheat away from being controllable.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )