Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 8:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Ask to join" not working with cars
Pip pip! Since installing OFB/OFB patch (installed at the same time, so difficult to say), the "ask to join" option hasn't worked with cars. I get my sim in the car, ask the other person (usually a date) to join and they just stand next to the car. Nothing happens. Nada.

So I searched this in the thesims2.com BBS, and found several threads, see examples below. It seems it's a bug in the game, surprise surprise. What I'm asking is, is there a solution for this already? Does anyone know?

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...0f5d51b65a6d495

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...5b9b3e8de029b3a

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...eed2cec61d29f2c

So just to be clear, I do have the latest patch and no other problems whatsoever.

Your future is rapidly approaching!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 8:30 PM
Force error on the car.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 8:38 PM
I read through the threads that you posted and double-checked the patch fixes for OFB and the particular problem isn't listed. But I did notice that kirillvn2said that FFS and the latest patch solved the problem.

The other option to try are to see if there's a stuck object in the way. There's a hack at MATY called the the stuckobjremover (stuck object remover):
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 10:32 PM
I have the same problem on some lots. Selling the cars, moving the cars etc. Does not solve the problem. It is occuring on 4 different lots that have different homes on them. I have tried the sims2 folder to desktop trick, and it does not work. Funy thing is that they can 'join' on a community lot..so it does lead me to believe that there must be an object stuck on these lots.

That being said...why would this happen to 4 different families on 4 different lots with different homes and different cars? Sounds like a game bug. I don't have FFS installed (it's sitting on my desk..I look at it once in a while LOL)..so the patch is not available to me.

Guess I'll try the force error and then the stuckobject remover. Although, I have played 2 of these lots extensively(6 generations), and they are probably becoming quite corrupted. It might be easier to move 'em out and bulldoze.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 1:00 PM
Okay, tried forcing error on the car and pressed reset. Nothing changed... Tried doing the same thing on a community lot, and true enough, it worked there! Although now the problem seemed to have been transferred inside the car. None of the romantic options came up (and they were in love)! *Sigh*. Well, I guess I'll give that MATY object a go next. Then I'm off to buy FFS.

Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 3:52 PM
Please keep us updated, and good luck.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 6:17 PM
It's also worth trying with a clean Sims2 folder as well- this is a quick test that will quickly rule out issues with your savegames/ content/ config settings:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 8:12 PM
I just solved the problem on one of my lots. I took your advice you gave me about my
SS lot "it's always the last thing you try" lol. I deleted the driveway, bought a new one, and the 'join' and 'woohoo' options are again available.

I'm off to try it on my other 3 lots that aren't working anymore.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 9:15 PM
Wow, I would never have thought of the driveway as being a problem! Well done Canoodle, thanks for letting us know!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 6:52 AM
I have that happen as well. I don´t have FFS or GL either. It does happen in a clean game and on almost every lot, that is not a community lot. Forcing errors didn´t work and unfortunately deleting the driveway didn´t work either.
If anyone knows another fix for this, please let me know. I don´t plan to get FFS, GL or even the next expansion, so if this is a bug, I can´t count on a patch to fix it.
The MATY burinater thing didn´t find a stuck object either.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 5:05 PM
abel1980, have you patched your game? Also, have you tried with a clean Sims2 folder?
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718
Field Researcher
#12 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 12:48 AM
I have tried with a clean folder, as this is my Legacy game. I let the game regenerate a whole new sims 2 folder and didn´t put anything in it. And I have the latest patch for OFB installed. Sadly the problem persists.
I´m not sure if my other game, which is full of hacks ever had that problem. I go check, maybe some hack is actually fixing this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 9:43 AM Last edited by sevenseas : 12th Sep 2006 at 8:03 PM.
Yeah I haven't been able to solve it yet either. Abel1980, what hacks do you have? Maybe we have some in common. I've got

coffeecuphack
Squinge's easybreakup (less relat. decrease version)
togafix
nopillowfightsonroads or whatever it's called from MATY
collegeclock
finalfix
moreemployeesforhire
nocrybabies
norandomflirtwants
pregnancywearanyoutift
romancemod
no20Khandouts
hugginghack

+ some black batman box. Can't remember what it does for the life of me and can't be bothered to check just yet.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abel1980
And I have the latest patch for OFB installed. Sadly the problem persists.

Make sure you have ALL patches for ALL EPs you have. There are a lot of issues dealt with in the NL patch that aren't addressed with the OFB patch.