Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 5:27 PM Last edited by craftyplumbob : 23rd Dec 2017 at 6:09 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Object lighting doesn't update when deleting or adding walls
I recently purchased this gaming laptop over the summer, and decided to reinstall the Ultimate Collection on it a couple days ago. However, I've run into what I'm assuming is some kind of graphics error.

SYSTEM SPECS:
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 550

The issue I'm having is described in the title. I've tried this on an un-modded game and it still occurs, so I'm kind of at a loss as to what's causing it.

Here's a video showing the bug:

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 12:44 AM
Am I just doomed to have glitchy lighting then?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 12:52 AM
Maybe you need the graphic Rules. You can read about over at Leefish.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 1:49 AM
Pick up the dark object and place it back down OR use the hammer tool to delete and then undo - the objects will be fine then. (If you have a lot of objects, like in your video, you can use the hammer tool to delete all of them and then undo until everything is back in place. That's easier than picking everything up one at a time.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 3:28 PM
I'm afraid that's just standard behaviour. The game has a nasty habit of not updating the lighting immediately (or sometimes at all). As you found, the fix is to pick up and re-place stuff - or as MLC says, hammer stuff.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 9:47 PM
Oh that, yes that isn't a bug, that's normal game behaviour.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 6:08 AM
I see. Thanks for informing me everyone, I'll use the sledgehammer tool then.