Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default White screen in windowed mode
Apparently this is a common issue on Windows 10 with NVIDIA cards, but after copious amounts of Googling, I've found no solution despite some mentioning finding a solution. I've been struggling with taking screenshots of my game as I can't get it to work in full screen, but when I try running windowed mode using my NVIDIA GPU, all I see is a white screen and the game cursor, and I can also hear the music.

I do have an Intel chip also, as I am on a laptop, and it does work on the Intel chip (Body Shop also turns up white on the GPU, though works fine on the Intel chip, but that is less demanding anyway). I'd rather not use it on my game however, especially considering I have optimised the graphics rules to support my GPU.

Has anyone ever found a solution to this? I'd really want to take some proper screenshots of my game without using the in-game camera. One thing I haven't tried yet is Fraps, which apparently works, even in full screen, so I'll have to check that out; but regardless, if anyone has any clue what to do with the white screen in windowed mode, then some help would be appreciated. I guess I should mention that all of my drivers are also up to date.
Advertisement
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 12:20 AM
Have you done a clean reinstall of your nvidia driver? (NOT through GeForce Experience)

There is at least one thread in help with several folks having white screen issues, may want to look there.
let me find the link...
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=604432

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 2:34 AM
I don't think anyone has found a solution to the white screen yet. Windowed seems to work for some people, but not others. Just like the game itself now. I can tell you that Fraps works awesome. I use it myself for in game pictures. Very easy to use, and it keeps your pictures all nice and organized in the order they were taken.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Have you done a clean reinstall of your nvidia driver? (NOT through GeForce Experience)

There is at least one thread in help with several folks having white screen issues, may want to look there.
let me find the link...
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=604432

Guess I'll look into a clean reinstall then. And oh wow, completely missed this thread, I feel slightly awkward about posting a new one now instead of posting there now.

Quote: Originally posted by Jules1111
I don't think anyone has found a solution to the white screen yet. Windowed seems to work for some people, but not others. Just like the game itself now. I can tell you that Fraps works awesome. I use it myself for in game pictures. Very easy to use, and it keeps your pictures all nice and organized in the order they were taken.

I'll look into Fraps as well then. Taking screenshots is currently the only reason I'm asking for help with this anyway, since I normally play fullscreen. However, it'd still be nice to not have to struggle with this in the future.
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:19 PM
Fraps is what I used for screenshots too but haven’t tried it with Win 10 1709 yet.

Fullscreen mode for many games is broken by Win 10. Windowing helps some. Others try to turn off Windows Game Mode although Microsoft made that hard to do now too. Need to find link with directions...

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:55 PM
Fraps works perfectly for screenshots. I have to also say that I've had almost no other issues regarding TS2 and Windows 10, besides this.