Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Custom Hairstyles Being Replaced by Vanilla Hairstyles in Nude Outfit...
Hey everyone, so I have noticed a problem with custom hairstyles and no where else seems to give any explanation on how to stop this from happening. Basically what happens is CC Hairstyles that you get from MTS and other CC sites will be replaced with usually ugly Vanilla hairstyles when switching to the nude outfit, with males this happens sometimes and with females it happens ALL the time it seems. It is rather annoying and I wish I could find a mod or something that can correct this bug and keep all hairstyles as is especially when I have hairstyles locked to appear on every outfit (This happens even when the Sim's hairstyle is locked to all outfits). I don't like having to work hard on creating a household and then having to go into their nude outfit and change the hair manually, please help, I have tried seeking help for this before, but was rudely not given any help and the forum post just sat there until I decided to delete it as it was not worth leaving it up. So what I am looking for is a fix to this bug or whatever you want to call it, perhaps a error correcting mod that will fix this. Thank you in advanced.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 4:35 PM
Ok... I have no idea either. I haven't had that problem.

Have you tried a game with no CC other than one or two of the hairstyles that won't show up for the nude outfit until you manually edit them? And especially leave out all custom skins, accessories, tattoos, and makeup, since they are the only other things that show in the nude outfit. If the hairs still don't automatically show up, I'm stumped. (And, apparently, very lucky.) if they do show up in the nude outfit now, you can keep them in and do a modified binary search through your CC to see if you have something that is causing the problem.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:01 PM
I would consider this a small annoyance but not a problem. In my game this also appears when a sim is displayed nude for the first time in their current age stage. Then bring up the mirror, change the hair to whatever, preferably the default everyday. Done. Every sim deserves a trip to the mirror once in a lifestage.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:21 PM
You will have to edit the custom hairs yourself by changing the CasPart1Index entry in the CASP resource. This defines what hairstyle a Sim will use when naked. Usually this entry is empty so the Sim will use the everyday hairstyle but sometimes it defines a specific hairstyle and this will override any other entry (i.e. it will ignore it even if your hair is enabled for naked).

This thread goes into more detail on the issue: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=589486