Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 10:08 PM
Default Sims 3 not reading AMD Radeon(TM) R6 Graphics
Default Sims 3 not reading AMD Radeon(TM) R6 Graphics
Hi all, sorry if this isn't the best place to post this. But I was wondering if anyone could give some help.

I have a hp notebook 1tb laptop and its not wanting to read my graphics card!

I have attached below my DeviceConfig, and my GraphicsRules and GraphicsCards. I was wondering if anyone on here that is tech savvy enough with the whole GraphicsRules and GraphicsCards to help me by telling me clearly in detail what I need to do to add my AMD Radeon(TM) R6 Graphics card and make it compatible to run Sims 3 (because I am a complete dum-dum with things like this), or simply edit my GraphicsRules stuff and then send back the modified .sgr files. If anyone is able to do this, I will greatly appreciate it
Attached files:
File Type: rar  graphics.rar (14.0 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 11:45 PM
I can help you get your card formally recognized by way of PM if you really want to go this route. But can you bypass the "card not recognized" error and get the game running at all? Not recognized is not the same thing as not being used. and formal recognition may actually not do you any good.

This computer's processor is weak, an R6 is not a fully dedicated graphics card and is not strong enough to carry much of the game. You are running Win 10 (correct?) on 5 GB of RAM and only have 1.3 GB free for the game to use, at least at the exact time it was launched to produce the provided DeviceConfig.log. This laptop may be new to you, but it is not new hardware. Age isn't the only factor of course, but it isn't really going to be well-suited for TS3. If you can get the RAM usage under control, maybe the base game and a couple of the earliest EPs might run okay on it, at low to low-medium graphics settings in game options and in not very busy worlds in case that is the experience you are looking for. But you may be expecting a bit too much out of this one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:24 AM
its werid its not reading my graphic card i got it fixed while back but then i decide to update the game through origin then i downgrade back to update just so i can use my cd again. i mean my game is running lets me go in work on a house dress my sim up. but its taking forever to save, and when i go to click settings litterally background is black. i know my computer not the best to play on sims and i know having so much cc is bad. i just want to do something to get it to work again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:30 AM
When you patch the game, any updates made to the sgr files are overwritten with fresh ones. Allowing Patch 1.69, delivered only by way of Origin, will do this and the files needs to be replaced with their altered copies or the alterations need to be done again.

How did you downgrade, presumably back to 1.67? The only real way to do that is to uninstall the game, clean the registry, and reinstall from discs. The 1.67 SuperPatcher is known to break the game if it is forced onto a 1.69 install in an attempt to downpatch (and either way will overwrite the altered sgr files again).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 2:09 PM
so uninstalling sims 3 completely from my computer and deleting all the files and redownloading will work to get it to read my game card? i used superpatch i believe back to 1.67
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 5:33 PM
No, if the game were to be uninstalled, Registry cleaned, and then reinstalled and SuperPatched again, the sgr files would have to be replaced with altered ones again in order to force formal graphics card recognition. The sgr files are part of the program install and both installations and any kind of patching (as well I think as Orign's Repair Game) will overwrite them with the standard ones again. That's why it's a good idea to keep spare copies of the two sgr files stored elsewhere, so one doesn't have to keep editing them every time they snap back to their original states and can just replace them with new copies of the edited ones if/when this happens.

The point of uninstalling and reinstalling would be to hopefully help make the game stable again. Reinstalling is not generally a recommended course of action, but if you SuperPatched 1.67 on top of a 1.69 install...well, actually I'm surprised the game runs at all, but maybe you lucked out there. Most players who try to downpatch this way this find that their original installs are destroyed.