Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 4:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Super Collection - unable to install downloaded Sims
As the title suggests, with Super Collection I am unable to install Sims I have downloaded. When I try to install them, the package installer says "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed." This has been an issue since I downloaded the game. It has no issues with lots if I download compatible lots. I try to make sure the Sims I download are base game only, but they still don't install. (Base game clones of Strangetown Sims, for example)

I tried to search around for an answer to this but I wasn't able to find anything. Is there a solution for this issue?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th May 2018 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rollingstarr
As the title suggests, with Super Collection I am unable to install Sims I have downloaded. When I try to install them, the package installer says "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed." This has been an issue since I downloaded the game. It has no issues with lots if I download compatible lots. I try to make sure the Sims I download are base game only, but they still don't install. (Base game clones of Strangetown Sims, for example)

I tried to search around for an answer to this but I wasn't able to find anything. Is there a solution for this issue?

I don't know of a good solution, the problem is that if a Sim is created or cloned using a game Free Time or Apartment Life or Mansions & Gardens, then it will not install. It does not matter if the Sim is a Base Game clone of a Strangetown Sim, if it was done with FT or AL or M&G it Will NOT Install.

What matters is the game Engine that is used. You can not use Sims from a Game Engine that is too new. You can only use Sims that are from a Game Engine that is compatiable with The Sims 2: Super Collection

That is why you get the package installer message "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed."

The only way you can install a Sim that you have downloaded is that if the Sim was packaged using Any Game Starter or with a game that does not have FT or AL etc.

You might try checking with the uploader and asking them what game version they used.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.