Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE not finding sims2.exe
Okay, so maybe I'm a bit dense, but I'm totally new to using SimPE and I'm having real trouble.
I've got the ultimate collection, and my main trouble is that I don't seem to have the majority of the items availible to me. and whenever I run a system check, I get the message that it cannot find sims2.exe.

soo these are the things I've tried:
Turning it off and on again, duh :D
uninstalling and reinstalling
rerouting the file path to the fun with pets folder
checking the paths for the EPs, and making sure they're the same as listed here (all the EPs were listed as present, it was just the sims2.exe file that was missing)
installing and using this patch (which just made all the EPs go missing off the file table, less than ideal but I can't find anybody who had the same problem)
making a dummy TSBin folder and blank notebook file called sims2.exe which I didn't think would work, and yeah it didn't.

well now I'm out of ideas, checked every FAQ I could find, and have googled for two days with no luck. I feel like I'm missing something big, and I'm not sure if posting here is going to help as sims 2 isn't exactly new and I haven't used a forum since 2010 and even then they were going out of style. To anybody reading this: thank you for your patience!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th May 2018 at 9:47 PM.
You need to make sure the "system folders" tab has all the proper folder paths for your games, and it's usually best to copy directly from your own folders (the person making the tutorial has their game on the D drive, not the regular C drive, just so you're aware). Not sure if the "tm" shows in the filepath (I don't have UC so I'm not sure).

The new version of SimPE Quaxi made a few months ago may have better UC support (post #83) - http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...&c=1&ht=&page=4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2018 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You need to make sure the "system folders" tab has all the proper folder paths for your games, and it's usually best to copy directly from your own folders (the person making the tutorial has their game on the D drive, not the regular C drive, just so you're aware). Not sure if the "tm" shows in the filepath (I don't have UC so I'm not sure).

The new version of SimPE Quaxi made a few months ago may have better UC support (post #83) - http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...&c=1&ht=&page=4

okee so I downloaded the new version and it seems to be loading lots of things on that little starting dialoge it has, which I take as a good sign. buuut it won't start, pops up with an error message about an 'unhandled exemption'. might just be my aspie self not getting it at all but does anybody know what can be done about it?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2018 at 6:11 PM
Okay, so I fixed the issue, and I can't say I'm entirely sure how it worked but:
I uninstalled it entirely, and I realised I had a copy of the SimPe_0_72_01 folder handing around nestled in another folder somewhere. so I removed all copies of this folder from my computer. then I reinstalled using the startup guide I originally used, but this time using the text-to-speech programme I have installed (its called claroread) to help me understand all the steps in their entirety, something that I should have done before but its also loud and I'm not keen on it (sensory overload is fun fun fun) but there you go. it now works, somehow. so yeah. it was either the fact that I had multiple instances of SimPE installed on my computer or my lack of reading comprehension that caused the issue, and I hope that helps somebody!