Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 9:15 AM
Default Can't click on bubble for "More..."
Hi guys!

So I recently installed the expansion pack "Nightlife" and I've had multiple issues with it (that I've solved, thankfully), but there's one that I can't seem to figure out. When I have a selected sim and I click on another sim for the selected sim to interact with, the bubble for "More..." shows up, but when I try and click on it, nothing happens!

Is this a known bug for Nightlife?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by equallydestructive
When I have a selected sim and I click on another sim for the selected sim to interact with, the bubble for "More..." shows up, but when I try and click on it, nothing happens!

Is this a known bug for Nightlife?
I don't think so. I've always had Nightlife, because I started with Double Deluxe, and I've never had that problem. Have you got the Nightlife patch? You should have the patches for base game and for each of your EPs. Is Nightlife your only EP? (Your profile says you only have base game.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I don't think so. I've always had Nightlife, because I started with Double Deluxe, and I've never had that problem. Have you got the Nightlife patch? You should have the patches for base game and for each of your EPs. Is Nightlife your only EP? (Your profile says you only have base game.)

I also have Open For Business, but I tried installing it and I think the disc is too scratched up to properly install on my computer. Yes, I have all the necessary patches. I also discovered that I can click on the "More..." option, but I have to click it several times, and even then it's hard to choose what I want since there has to be a certain amount of clicks to get to the extra options, if that makes any sense.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:17 PM
I've had trouble with the more button sometimes. Try clicking it closer to the bottom where it joins up with the other buttons.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:24 PM
Yes sometimes it's a case of where on the button you click it, especially if the first or last option on the first wheel is long and overlaps the "more".

Nightlife alone is known to be buggy, so it might be worth installing any other EP, as they all have more stable game engines. You can get a used disc on amazon for a few £/€/$ these days.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Nightlife alone is known to be buggy, so it might be worth installing any other EP, as they all have more stable game engines. You can get a used disc on amazon for a few £/€/$ these days.
I've always had the Open for Business game engine, because that's what came with Double Deluxe, and my game has always been fairly stable. Try to get a good copy of Open for Business. I got mine for next to nothing on Amazon. Then you'll have almost the same configuration as I have, and, as I say, I've never had this bother.

The nearest I've had is that in some pie menus in the Sim Manipulator, clicking on the label doesn't work and I have to click on the actual button.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 2:18 PM
I had the same problem a while ago, and pressing the "tab" button on my keyboard worked as an alternative to clicking "more". It also seemed to "unstick" it so that I don't have the problem anymore, but that could be coincidence.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 4:42 PM
Thanks everyone! I fixed the problem by pressing the "tab" button like SnorkackSearcher recommended.