Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#7776 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism

Just curious though, who here is actually a fan of the superstar themed expansions? I'd love to hear input as to why (or even why not) people like this pack concept.

These packs really really REALLY aren't my cup of tea, because the function of these packs is typically that they make your Sim feel like Sim Jesus and that everyone loves them and wants to give them billions of dollars, but typically the problem with Sims games is there aren't enough normal people with mediocre lives: everyone eventually becomes a billionaire playboy with thousands of friends. Sims 3 for example you could get a promotion for going to work and not farting loud enough for co-workers to hear, so it was actually challenging not to be rich in Sims 3. Showtime, iirc, actually had jobs that awarded hundreds of thousands a week. All it did was service a player's desire to make a wealthy sim, but wtf if anything there was a surplus of those and a high demand for more modest career paths.

The only time I install Superstar-like EPs is when a custom world requires something from it. Other than that, they are a total snooze fest as far as I'm concerned. I can't stand Hollywood and I'm not a party person.

As with any sims game, it is what you make of it. If a person plays TS3 as EA intended, then yes, careers can be ridiculous. But thanks to the NRAAS team, with Story Progression and the heaps of modules that can be added to a game, a player can see to it that a sim never sees a job promotion. If a person wants to be purist and never touch a mod, that is a choice, but to say that a person is stuck with what EA has given, that's BS.

I have wealthy sims in my TS3 hood, however, none of them have glamorous lifestyles. All of them work, some of them are business owners, most of the sims there pay taxes, they ride around in taxis even though they have their own vehicles, many of them ride around on bicycles, ect... There are no limos in my hood, I've disabled all the celebrity stuff as it's not my thing and my sims lives mundane, ordinary lives. Instead of partying, they go to a movie or spend a afternoon fishing. In one household, Sundays are reserved for cooking for the week and getting stuff done around the house such as yard work.

I spent a couple of hours playing yesterday. My sims played darts and pool for a couple of sim hours. They bought the dart board many moons ago, the pool table was a gift. The night before, they spent a couple of hours carving pumpkins.

I'm not feeling the party life here despite their income, but then again, I don't allow EA to pigeon hole me into a specific way of playing either. That nose ring was removed a long time ago. It is never coming back.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#7777 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 5:53 PM
Does anyone have a helpful link as to where this teaser will be posted?
Forum Resident
#7778 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Does anyone have a helpful link as to where this teaser will be posted?

We'll definitely link it here, but it'll be posted on their Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSims/videos in about 5 minutes.
Field Researcher
#7779 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 5:58 PM

Quote:
Reach for the stars and rise to celebrity status with The Simsâ„¢ 4 Get Famous. Build your stardom as you pursue an acting career, become an A-lister, and guide your Sims down the unpredictable path to fame. From the studio lot to VIP parties, you choose how your Sims can gain worldwide acclaim. Customize and show off your celebrity style, and decorate your Sims’ luxury house on the hills with over-the-top accessories like a solid-gold toilet. Get ready to shine bright in the spotlight and live your best celebrity life.

KEY FEATURES

Claim Your Fame Now your Sims can live out their wildest dreams of fame and fortune! Rise to stardom in your current career, or catapult to fame with a new pursuit. Bask in the limelight as an aspiring actor or livestream your every moment as an influencer. But remember, the more famous your Sims become, the more attention, perks, and starstruck fans they will attract. Becoming rich and famous can be unpredictable, but whether you make it rain or burn through your Simoleons, you’ll never look back once you’re living that VIP lifestyle.

Act the Part Be your own muse and direct your Sim toward a brilliant acting career. Get your big break with commercial gigs or land a part in a television series. When your Sims go the extra mile studying lines and wearing unique costumes, all that hard work might lead to a starring role in the next big blockbuster.

Run This Town Join the glitz and glamour of Del Sol Valley, a new world where your Sims discover fame. Get a starter home in Mirage Park or work your way up to a house in the hills in The Pinnacles. Score a legendary diamond on Starlight Boulevard with your Sim’s name on it, and you’ll be the talk of the town in no time.

Live a Lavish Lifestyle Get noticed around town in chic streetwear or dress the part with glamorous outfits on set. As your Sim’s status skyrockets, you gain celebrity perks. Decorate a gorgeous mansion with gold-plated furniture and take home a unique set piece to put on display as a tribute to the golden age. . . of you.

Available November 16, 2018 for PC and Mac.
Mad Poster
#7780 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:03 PM
Did...did anyone else think that was kinda...empty, as far as expansion trailers go?

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#7781 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar

After watching it two times it still hasn't helped me at all
I only saw we have all different kind of sets and costumes, but I don't know how that is supposed to work. Do you have a different set after each promotion? Does it randomize every day at work?
We saw a limo, but it didn't move, so cars are still not confirmed. Maybe it really is like the boat in Brindleton Bay that ports you to different locations.
Still looks like a GP to me...
Field Researcher
#7782 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:07 PM
Yeah it looks kinda empty... also only an actor career? (and an "influencer" of course, because it's 2018) So this is going to be The Simsâ„¢: Superstar light, which is disappointing. Also I bet you those limos are non-interactive and only spawn as a decorative object when you get a "Promote this movie" / "Strut the red carpet" social event, and your Sim just spawns right next to the limo. lol
Mad Poster
#7783 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Still looks like a GP to me...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. This looks more like a $40 game pack. Also a little disappointed that sims can only act. Aside from the new world, there's really nothing that makes this pack worth buying when we already have the Road to Fame mod (which seems to include just about everything in this pack, as well as modeling, singing, and social media fame)

Scholar
#7784 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:08 PM
If this trailer is anything to go by, then this doesn't look like expansion material to me...
I will reserve further judgement until some more information comes out, but at the moment? Colour me meh'd.... (though I do like some of the movie set costumes!)
Edited to say that at the moment, Sacrificial's mod does this - and more - better... and free.

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#7785 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:09 PM
I really hope bodyguards are included. Also hope Sims can be famous other ways minus acting or influencing.
Field Researcher
#7786 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:10 PM
Cars could be functional? Oooh.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7787 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:10 PM
Well that was rather vague. The backdrops of the city look pretty. Too bad you can't go to any of it. I guess we'll have to wait for their next info dump to learn anything useful about this.

Sort of cool they licensed Superorganism's song. Maybe they'll have it in Simlish for the EP. Kinda sad that was the most exciting part to the teaser.
Field Researcher
#7788 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:16 PM
No cars per Guru's.
Field Researcher
#7789 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:16 PM
I feel it is an EP because it has a new world. Has a GP had a new world?
Mad Poster
#7790 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims_Lover
I feel it is an EP because it has a new world. Has a GP had a new world?

The vampire GP came with a new world

Field Researcher
#7791 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:24 PM
Oh ok. I don't have vampires, so I see.
Scholar
#7792 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:26 PM
According to the press release, there seems to be celebrity endorsement - who the heck is Baby Ariel?
Maybe it's because I'm in the UK, but I have never heard of this person, lol.... anyway, she and her song is in the game. Yay....
Link - https://simsvip.com/2018/10/09/the-...-press-release/

...Titanium white...
Top Secret Researcher
#7793 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:26 PM
Boring.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#7794 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I'm gonna cry. Those devs are so dumb, honestly. How can you add limos and that city with cars everywhere and not think that people are gonna be mad...

Right. Looks like 2019 is my guess, Guru Grant says they haven't made them "yet".
Instructor
#7795 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:27 PM
Active Career: The Expansion

srsly tho it just looks like a career and another shitty backdrop they'll probably spend four livestreams gushing about
Theorist
#7796 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
According to the press release, there seems to be celebrity endorsement - who the heck is Baby Ariel?
Maybe it's because I'm in the UK, but I have never heard of this person, lol.... anyway, she and her song is in the game. Yay....
Link - https://simsvip.com/2018/10/09/the-...-press-release/

If it makes you feel any better, I have no clue who that is either and I live in the US.
Instructor
#7798 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji

F#@! I lost my bet!
My mistake was thinking EA was smart enough to recognize how unpopular celeb endorsements have become due to what they imply about the (lack of) quality of the product.

Also just looked her up. Pay attention to the bolded:

Quote:
Ariel Rebecca Martin (born November 22, 2000), known professionally as 'Baby Ariel', is an American singer and social media personality, known for her videos on the 15” second videos platform, TikTok, before Musical.ly. Ariel is recognized as one of the most influential people on the Internet by Time magazine[1] and is featured on Forbes' 2017 list of top entertainment influencers.[2][3] She has been nominated for a number of awards, and won the Teen Choice Award for "Choice Muser" in 2016 and 2017.

So she's basically not a celebrity. She's a professional promoter and they just hired her.
Scholar
#7799 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
If it makes you feel any better, I have no clue who that is either and I live in the US.

Lol, thanks Gargoyle - that does make me feel better... I actually thought I was way behind the trendy music scene of the youths today, and had missed someone 'important', lol...
Lurking over on simsvip, there's an article about this same Baby Ariel performing on the Today show - so, win-win situation for both her and EA, I guess... yawn.

EDIT - just saw DeservedCriticism's post above mine: right, so that's who she is. Will ignore her from now on, then...

Also some of the comments on simsvip are expressing disappointment with what looks like a whole EP dedicated to just acting. Can't say I blame them...
I am hoping there will be more to this, or some kind of integration with other careers so you can become a famous author, or painter, or chef - this would be a perfect chance to do it - but I won't hold my breath.

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#7800 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:40 PM
Quote:
Fans in The Sims 4 Get Famous should be on the lookout for a Simmified version of real-life musician and social media star Baby Ariel, whose rise to fame with popular vocal performances on social media can now be emulated by players worldwide. Catch the singer of hit song “Aww” performing a song in Simlish in public spaces or strutting down Starlight Boulevard in the glitzy new world of Del Sol Valley. Want a sneak peek at Baby Ariel in The Sims 4 Get Famous? Tune-in to TODAY on NBC on October 11th at 10:00 am ET to hear the latest.

“I’m thrilled to be partnering with The Sims 4 Get Famous, where players can follow their dreams of making it big as their Sims skyrocket to fame,” said Baby Ariel. “Over the past few months I’ve worked closely with the development team as we crafted my Sim, and I can’t wait for my fans to meet me in-game along their ride to stardom!”

Wait wait wait... what...
Quote:
“I’m thrilled to be partnering with The Sims 4 Get Famous, where players can follow their dreams of making it big as their Sims skyrocket to fame,” said Baby Ariel. “Over the past few months I’ve worked closely with the development team as we crafted my Sim, and I can’t wait for my fans to meet me in-game along their ride to stardom!”

Hmmm...
Quote:
“Over the past few months I’ve worked closely with the development team as we crafted my Sim, and I can’t wait for my fans to meet me in-game along their ride to stardom!”

Hmmmmmmmmmm....
Quote:
Over the past few months I’ve worked closely with the development team as we crafted my Sim

Ah, so that's where all the budget went.
Locked thread
Page 312 of 447