Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:23 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 21st Jul 2018 at 9:06 PM.
Default How many households/sim days do you normally play per sitting/day/game session?
For some reason, despite I'm current staying home 24/7 due medical reasons so technically I have any "X hour/day" sim routines, which while searching about this topic, the only one I found was about the hours you play which I personally find too vague as sometimes it takes me 1 hour to 6 hour to play just through ONE family.

But I often notice that I get tired after playing a certain amount of sim days per sitting, usually 3-6 sim days or 1-3 households depending on the size of the family. The 6+ sim families take longer time to get through. Which is a bit strange as I'm a binge simmer otherwise when it comes to plan, write spreedsheets or randomize stuff. But get fairly bored after actually playing the families, "normally".

If ignoring the time you play the game, I wondering:
On Average, How much do you get done in sim days/households per sitting (game session, daily etc) before you get bored?

NOTE: This question is not about rotations (typo!) where you bounce from one family to the next on X days/seasons or total time you play.
I find it easier to see how quickly (or slow) other simmers play the game through the sim days/families during a game play/sitting. (Since not everyone play every day, I prefer use "sitting" over per day) because it takes different time for anyone depending on the speed they play it or if they multi-tasking or loading a lot (i.e. when everyone sleep, I personally use set hour to avoid a few real minutes before they wake up again, so a sim-day goes faster for me, but it doesn't impact my motivation of playing ).

Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:33 PM
in past times playing, played most lots about 1 sim day before playing another household.

this time playing, would probably do the same.

by the way, I recall similar threads somewhere; not sure if this site or other sites.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:36 PM
I meant for the entire sitting, not rotations.

EDIT:
Although I searched only on Google, the ones I found was about the hours, how many households per household, rotational game-play, legacy with just one family type of topics.'

What I was trying to ask was a bit more specific regarding how far you progress (i.e. sim days or households) between each playtime. Sure, if you use aging off, extended lifespan, tweaked sim hour speed, it might not matter though.

As I play with huge hoods over 150 households, it feels it take a eternity to go through all of them while I get bored after 1-3 families per day. I play 3 days rotations but such topics Ive seen plenty of, but find it interested to know how fast/slow it take to get through the neighborhood other simmer play.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:37 PM
It depends-both on my mood and if I'm up to it physically. I usually try to go through (at one day rotations per family) at least 2 to 4 of my pixel families per game play sitting-in Tinsel Town, that's 12 families.

You have to understand that I'm playing with Chris Hatch's 'half-speed' mod in the game, which makes it a lot slower for me to play one household. Plus the fact that I'm usually taking notes on that family's day as well at the same time.

It can take a good 2-4 hours in real time to do at least half of the families, with all the pausing for writing and being interrupted by something. That's if I'm not bored..

Then there are some days when I open up the game, start playing it, get immediately bored and shut it down. Not too often, but it does happen.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:39 PM
have not kept track.
I think number of households played varied from one "sitting" to another.
Inventor
#6 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:58 PM
Not really playing a rotational style, but I play 2 households at a time in the span of 3-4 sim days before moving on to the next one; I currently have 6 households in SSU but I play the ones I favor the most. I take a lot of pics to upload to my simblr, and that requires a lot of pausing and editing, so by the time I get to the last household I'll be too tired to play them .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 9:39 PM
On average, I probably play two, maybe three households through one Sim day at a sitting. Sometimes during the day I'll let myself play one household, and sometimes in the evening I'll binge and play five or six (especially if I'm playing Sedona/Emerald Heights, because that's my newest hood so it keeps my interest longer), but the average is probably between two and three. I rarely play more than one college household at a sitting, though, since a semester is already three days, the same amount of time I'd play spread over three households in the rest of the hood.
Helptato
#8 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:49 PM
Usually 1-2 Sim households per play session, average about 3-5 days with each family.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:20 PM
I usually play 1-3 families 1 day apiece per sitting. I seem to remember in the past I could play one sim day in half an hour, but these day there is just too much going on between owned business and such to really get a sim day done in under an hour. And then there's college, where I play one semester at a time, which in my game is only two days, but it's still twice as long as the rest of the hood.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:39 PM
Some days I take all my families. Currently I’m playing two sim days per rotation but when I get over 10 households will I move down to 1!
Though I see that some of my sims may move back into their parent’s house.

Anyway I usually play 2-3 families per day.

I build small houses *^*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:01 AM
I play very slowly, so I would play 1-3 days in game. Most times just the one family, occasionally two, but one family for one day is quite common.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:26 AM
It depends on how big the family is. If it's a big one with a lot going on, I might only play one household for two sim days and it could take up to a couple of hours. Otherwise, probably about two to three households (for two sim days each) at a time, which again can take a couple of hours. I get very bored when playing university, even with mods, but I try to get at least one Sim graduated while playing.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:31 AM
I think I'm doing well if I play one household for a full Sim day in one session. More often it's just a few Sim hours. I too play very slowly with plenty of pauses. Long community lot visits can make it even slower. Obviously single Sim households are faster than big families, especially if the single Sim is at work all day, but even these can take longer when community lot visits are involved.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:58 AM
Rarely more than one. When doing storytellling I may visit anything from 1 to 4, depending on location, but technically it's just one household and a bunch of scenery.
Instructor
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 1:10 AM
It really depends on the household I'm playing. I play week-long rotations, so while single Sim or 2 Sim households might take, say, 2 or 3 hours to play, larger families might require the whole day of playing, even more when they own businesses. Typically though, I wouldn't say I play more than a household per sitting.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 3:07 AM
What is this "normally" of which you speak?

Variables include:
How much time/inclination I have for simming that day.
Whether I'm playing my full game or one that loads faster.
Whether I'm just making quick notes of what goes on or writing the story album up properly - a half an hour to an hour may be necessary for a proper write-up, depending on how intensely I played.
Whether I'm building or doing character play.
Whether or not my game crashes, which it does all too frequently in Drama Acres.
How involved the neighborhood has gotten.
Other considerations as they arise.

When health crap blocks me from doing anything productive IRL, I can play up to a full rotation and a half of my BACC in one day, which still only has five households and in which I'm making only notes sufficient to make satisfactory posts on tumblr, and this is my record. At the other extreme, it took me three gaming sessions and about six crashes to play through the Hawkins' twins' birthday in Drama Acres. Today I've had the game open for several hours and have been amusing myself making over Riverblossom Hills as a Depression-era rural town, and have yet to finish the O'Mackey's house. Yesterday I stayed up later than I should have and played three households in Retropleasantspot - the Manns, the Harts, and the Beeches - with community lot visits and plot advancement all around. I may not play at all tomorrow, which is Game With People Day; or I may play one household or fiddle with one build after we come home in the evening.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 3:17 AM
Peni Griffin
If you remember my older threads, I used to "cheat" my sims ages and managed to get to generation 10 by barely playing them. Edited relationship and age them up, woohoo and grew up kids, repeat.

I do speed time now while playing an uberhood but not to extreme that I used to ,like sleep and rathole or whatever you call the standard careers for I use sethour cheat for frequently and sometimes grow them a few days earlier but add those days with insim. Sometimes its take a whole afternoon watch the pixels doing their own stuff with ONE household only due to pauses.

Normally, I meant PLAYing the game without constant cheating or planning ahead with notebook outside the game. Watching the pixel do it themselves or micromanage their life does take time without using age up or set hour cheat constantly.
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 7:41 AM
I play each household in my main hood for 4 days and each household in my uni hood for a full year (2 semesters that are 2 days each = 4 days). On an average day playing my main hood, I get through 3-4 households before boredom. On an average day playing my uni hood, I get through 4-5 households before boredom. On a good day it's 5-6 households in the main hood or 6-7 households in the uni hood, but that happens less and less now. I play very quickly though, and I don't have large households--my largest household is 7 Sims.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 9:52 AM
(Usually) One family per RL day. The Time varies

Today I had decided, heck "I'm gonna play till all eggplans are harvested", which really didn't take too long (2-3 sim hours) as there weren't many plants and they grew fast. The Next following household will be played until a milestone of $10k is reached so I can start a home business, and the other household will be played until $20k so they could quit their jobs to pursue making a living of jamming as a band

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.