Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#176 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:40 PM
Yes, I am the first to say 'things go wrong' and 'life happens'. I hope whatever is going on is not personal and due to technical difficulties with fixing the site. I would hope that Nysha is not getting bombed with too much contact as to answers. I myself have not tried to contact anyone there. I'm just watching the twitter feed to see for updates. But that is part of the problem. If you say it will take only the rest of that day, then, if it takes longer, at least get on twitter and explain the delay. I think that's what a lot of people are expecting. Also, in the 'About Us' from the page, they guaranteed that the down time would be periodic and not lengthy. That all files would have a safe and permanent home. I'm sure we will hear from someone that will give us an update soon.

But to put an example of backup, let's say this site. I started playing in 2005. I took a break from it for 11 years. Life was happening for me. I didn't have a decent computer to play it on anymore, along with medical stuff, nor did I have the money to buy a new one (Facebook marketplace was not around then, where I got my new computer cheap, bought some cheap upgrades from eBay too, along with EP's I did not have). When I got settled in a new life where I am now, I decided to fire up the game again. First place I sought out for my downloads was HERE and The Sims Resource. I DID NOT EVEN think this site would still be around. But, IT IS (yey!!!). I don't know the complete history of this site, but whomever was the creator and Admin's who kept this up, were thinking of the future of this game (since Sims 3 and 4 came out so quickly). I am totally grateful and thank them for having their contingency plan in place and passing down roles of Admin's and Moderators to run and maintain the site. That's amazing to me.

I hope Nysha can keep the site in place for generations to come like here. I have never seen downtime here for any long length of time. So kudos to MTS and The Sims Resource (which is not completely free, but you can still get major downloads for the game and they are still around too). Let's send positive vibes to Nysha and the crew she may have in place to resolve the problems so it can continue to run for a longer time. Hope I didn't ramble too much.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:48 PM
Whether or not updates happen on twitter, be sure the good news about SFS being back on track will pop up everywhere on here, probably even more than need be.
It's not like we absolutely need to rely on any other site, is it ?
And yes, I know that not everyone frequent these MTS Forums, but the impatience seems to be coming from here nonetheless.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Whether or not updates happen on twitter, be sure the good news about SFS being back on track will pop up everywhere on here, probably even more than need be.
It's not like we absolutely need to rely on any other site, is it ?
And yes, I know that not everyone frequent these MTS Forums, but the impatience seems to be coming from here nonetheless.

No it isn't just some rude people from here that are being impatient. I've just went to their twitter page to see if there is anything new and no update since 19th Feb. 360 comments. Of what I saw 99% are not supportive. They either want the service up and running or they want an update. I knew that would happen because you can't run a service, take it down and not talk to your public. You can't expect people to be calm and supportive when there is no updates being given out.

I've decided to take a wait and see attitude if the worst case scenario plays out and Simsfileshare doesn't come back online, I'm hoping I'll be able to track the cc I want from somebody. But I'm hopeful that won't be the case & soon it will be back.
Field Researcher
#179 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:44 PM
I can't wait for it to come back, many cc creators only use it. When it will be up again?
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 8:57 PM
simfileshare is back now.. Yay!

It's time to download some stuff and mods...etc

Good luck & Have a fun
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 8:58 PM
Default Ninja'd
Yay. Site that big, I guess the backup took a while. I am glad that the site is back online. And I *think* downloafs are back to normal speed. - knocks on wood-
Mad Poster
#182 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 2:13 AM
Yay. Don't go down on us again because of the number of people who had tons of CC they were waiting to download. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#183 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 3:23 AM
While it is up yah! I can't click the heart on Firefox, so something still isn't quite right.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#184 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:03 PM
Thank you @Nysha for all the hard work, SFS has been working fine and dandy for me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#185 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 2:40 AM
The download part is working again for me today without jumping through hoops, but still not the heart.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 8 of 8