Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:09 AM
Like i know you're watching me

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
"In the middle of nowhere" is an expression, meaning being far off from other people, or somewhere that feels desolate and far off from other places.

And if Strangetown is "in the middle of nowhere", any road out of it can be seen as a "road to nowhere".
Scholar
#28 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:27 AM
wait how far is strangetown from the other hoods?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234

About 4-5 hours drive from La Fiesta Tech, depending on traffic.
Scholar
#30 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:22 AM
wow they really are all alone,i wouldn't be surprised if it was the loner family that founded strangetown

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:38 AM
No-where, of course. Sounds more mysterious and suits its neighborhood's name "Strangetown".

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Theorist
#32 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:48 AM

There is no definitive answer to this, everybody can, if they like arrange the location of the neighbourhoods how they see fit. They could all be neighbourhoods/suburbs of the same Sim City or they could be located in time zones and/or countries.
The closest hint we ever get is that some of the career chance cards tend to speak of "Sim City". Though even here it needn't be the same one; consider how many cities in the US, for example share their names with other cities in the US (sometimes multiple times) and it even happens in places like Germany, where there's two cities called "Hamburg" on opposite ends of the country. So the neighbourhoods could still be located in the Sim City of Simsylvania, the Sim City of Simvada and the Sim City of Simfornia, for example.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:35 PM Last edited by HarVee : 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:59 PM.

I like to think it's roughly 59 Hours away from La Fiesta Tech and 121 hours away from Lucky Palms. Both of those places seem to be accessible using the Road to Nowhere. Lucky Palms is actually connected directly to it, with the road leading through the town much like Strangetown. Which is an interesting creative liberty because of the highway Road to Nowhere is inspired by (U.S. Route 380) doesn't actually lead to Las Vegas.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#34 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:43 PM
One fan came up with the idea that the two are the same thing - Lucky Palms dried up and died and what was left of it became Strangetown. Neat idea.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Fanon:Strange_Palms
Mad Poster
#35 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:04 PM
I'm guessing the Polli Tech's blew the mesas up and that's why the Beaker place is on a hill?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#36 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:17 PM
Oooh yes, they do both have the dual roads... Road to Nowhere (or Now Here)

Scholar
#37 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:52 PM
thanks to this thread i think no where is now here

My Tumblr
Page 2 of 2