Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:39 PM
Default How do you get or make a sim like this?
I know it takes a lot of makeup and a lot of tweaking on sliders and stuff but I am not good at those and I always end up with hideous sims. Please if you know where or how I can get or make sims like sims like this one, please tell me.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:03 PM
Pile CC on him. I'm pretty sure that, under all that CC, that's a straight face 2.

I'm known for cartoony "ugly" sims but I have discovered that, if you want a "pretty" sim, you shouldn't use sliders at all. What you do instead is pick a template - any template - and choose a few features to replace with the feature from a different template. You can do this by selecting the range of features at the top of the editing screen for that feature. For instance, you want to change the chin, so you open that up, and scroll through the array of chins at the top of the screen till you find one that you think blends well with the rest of the face.

Another thing that works is, to take two sims with distinctive, but different, features on faces that are approximately similar in the vertical positioning of the eyes, nose, and mouth and breed them in CAS. Plenty of my "ugly" sims produce absolutely gorgeous children when bred together. It's only breeding the long- and short-faced sims to each other that becomes really problematic. Once you get a generation you like, you can discard the parents and keep your favorite offspring to make your family.

You also need to come to terms with the fact that sims are cartoons, and all the face templates - including the "pretty" ones - are caricatures. If your standards of beauty are too strict, you'll find all sims ugly except those that exaggerate and diminish the same features that the fashion industry does when it photoshops models. Loosen up, though, and you'll find that a lot of sims you used to think were ugly are actually attractive as heck, especially with the right hair and makeup.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:18 PM
Peni's right, that kind of Sims have like up 30-40 CC items in their files, half of it are masks only. I'd download such Sim, extract its files, look at the looooong list and just delete everything. Besides, very often the sim in picture looks nothing like sim in your game. It's PS, and the light, and all that stuff that makes a picture beautiful. And they often make hideously ugly offsprings due to all the sliders used.

I got such Sims from SimCave archives, from Peggy Zone, from Yuxi, GameSir, on Digital Perversion, from many Korean and Chinese sites, basically you'll find it anywhere where Asian creators post their stuff.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:18 PM
It's okay. The sims in this game were a lot harder to mod than I think the next installations were. In the beginning, I was very bad too. I persevered though and got better because I couldn't stand just using the default faces, since I love genetics so much.

First off, you do not need any make-up to have a nice sim. This one only appears to only be using a custom skin. Those can make a huge difference in how your sim looks. It appears to me this creator is using a tweaked version of face one, as it's still very recognizable to me as one of the basic faces. Aside from the wider eyes, mouth, and slimmed down nose, he is not that different.

But this is coming from someone who tweaks every slider. What I can suggest is for you to download more sliders to let you do additional in depth tuning to stubborn face parts. There are a bunch of new sliders uploaded, one of them a download on the site I can even show you.

Also, it is important to always make them in body shop for two reasons. One, so you always have a copy of the sim just in case you want to use them again. In CAS, once a sim is made, that's it and they can't be cloned or used again. If they die, they're gone. [Unless you have a cloning mod.]

The other reason is because it has very intuitive tools for customizing their faces. Additional sliders that you will not see in CAS reside here. I have a trick in CAS when I am making a sim really fast or am feeling kind of lazy. Sometimes, my sim will not look quite how I like. So I will go to the first face menu with the DNA helix, not the tool icon and soften their features by choosing a similar maxis face and it dragging it a little bit until they look better. They still retain a bunch of features from the face I made, but they look more realistic too. (This is good when I am lazy and it can make a really ugly sim even look decent. It might be considered cheating, but it's better than nothing.)

If you plan on having a biological family in game, always make sure to change your sim's gender and try them at all life ages to make sure that they look good. If they look bad as a woman or baby, they could end up passing off these genes to their kids and have an unlucky looking family. I learned this the hard way...

Sorry if that was too long winded. I hope I helped. I love making sim faces and it's good that you are striving for unique sims because too many people I knew just took the basic ones the game gave them.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:26 PM
Custom skin, custom eyes, custom hair - nothing on that sim is Maxis.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:37 PM
Yeah, it is most likely just a basic template anyone could use, the skin probably making it look slightly different. Don't feel bad because most of those people who make the custom content use basic sims to model their content. It's very rare for them to make a custom face to showcase their creations with.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:15 PM
It looks like an "Ephemera" skin (doll skin) http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=302508T.

Which isn't a bad place to start loading it up with CC.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:49 PM
That creator has several "Ephemera" (and other) skins and eyes you might want to look at.
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?g...ype=2&&u=225481
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 9:16 PM
I think that sim you're trying to make is what you get when you try to make a bishounen version of "Norman" from Interpol's "Evil" video. You know... the creepy puppet that will haunt your dreams?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Another thing that works is, to take two sims with distinctive, but different, features on faces that are approximately similar in the vertical positioning of the eyes, nose, and mouth and breed them in CAS. Plenty of my "ugly" sims produce absolutely gorgeous children when bred together. It's only breeding the long- and short-faced sims to each other that becomes really problematic. Once you get a generation you like, you can discard the parents and keep your favorite offspring to make your family.

You can use this method in CAS. Pick any two sims with different face templates, and make them an adult child with the "roll pacifier" so you see how they mix together. You can mix as much as you want until you're happy. Make two adults this way, check out how they mix, and when you're happy with them you can save the sim(s). Then you know you won't get too many awful faces.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:32 PM
That sim looks to be just face one tweaked then cc pilled on top. I think it's mostly his custom skin giving him that look. The majority of models around are simply that and nothing special. it's more knowing the correct CC to apply than ability at using sliders.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#12 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:17 AM
The thing about Custom Sims with a lot of junk added on like their face ( makeup, nose, contour, Shading, even teeth etc. ) You have to sometime be "Careful" they sometime produce sims children that can be strange looking even ugly.
I have had my own experience with Custom Skins with lots of add on, if I see a Sims I like that is custom made I always use the Clean Installer to remove things I don't want.

I will even change his or her Skin that they was originally created in and use my own skin that I like mostly by creator Rensim her skins.
One time I downloaded a beautiful custom female Sims with custom teeth, and found out after entering her into my game that the Sims had VAMPIRE teeth. ( it was not even mention by the creator on the download. )

I had to Kill her off by way of using the swimming pool and removing the ladder, I did not want a Sims looking like a vampire in my normal neighborhood. ( first time I ever kill a Sims that way. )
After that I learn to create my own Sims, so yes custom Sims can look beautiful but you have to be careful.
If you remove most of the add on junk, or makeup that they was created with, you will still get the basic of the Sims and you can work with the structure and do your own thing. This just my own personal opinion.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Pile CC on him. I'm pretty sure that, under all that CC, that's a straight face 2.

I'm known for cartoony "ugly" sims but I have discovered that, if you want a "pretty" sim, you shouldn't use sliders at all. What you do instead is pick a template - any template - and choose a few features to replace with the feature from a different template. You can do this by selecting the range of features at the top of the editing screen for that feature. For instance, you want to change the chin, so you open that up, and scroll through the array of chins at the top of the screen till you find one that you think blends well with the rest of the face.

You also need to come to terms with the fact that sims are cartoons, and all the face templates - including the "pretty" ones - are caricatures. If your standards of beauty are too strict, you'll find all sims ugly except those that exaggerate and diminish the same features that the fashion industry does when it photoshops models. Loosen up, though, and you'll find that a lot of sims you used to think were ugly are actually attractive as heck, especially with the right hair and makeup.

You're right. Back when I wasn't aware of CC. my sim's children were normal looking but when I downloaded a sim and started a family, their children's faces look hideous and I had to use plastic surgery on one of them because his face is morphed. Idk why I want those "pretty" sims. I still marry with premade sims on Pleasantview like Cassandra Goth anyway. Thank you all for sharing some tips with me. I really appreciate it. Also, I found the hair.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?