Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:12 PM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 11th Apr 2017 at 11:48 PM.
Default Ellu's Hoods
I have several, so I could not name one in the title

And I have never ever made my own mainhood, so in my case it is allways like "someone elses hoods in your game"

Subhoods, tho , I have done several during the years, gladly I do not have pics most of the early ones

I run my game in empty environment, so starting a new hood is a time consuming to me, as I will make all the townies, tourist , locals myself, BUT I also like doing challenges (with twisted rules)
So , the result was, instead just making townies fast, I wanted somehow know them too.. so I made an empty (from sims, all lots ready to go) shoppingdistrict for my personal use, the one I can attach to any hood if I wish. I decided to start a long journey to make my townies...

And LOL no, I am not doing it like this everytime, Bluehaven is the first and may be the last one I will do it like this

Sorry about my long post, and grammar errors, english is indeed not my native language Here is a pic of my apoc-subhood

EDIT: lots of typos
Screenshots

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 12:03 AM
I love the desolate and isolated ambiance the hood has. The snow greatly supplements the hood's industrial feel. Overall, wonderful job. Your methods of adding sims also sounded quite effective as well. I wish I were capable of this Your asylum challenge sounded pretty cool too!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 12:59 AM
Thank you

Here i took couple of pics of the founders lot (these have lifted medicine and culinary allready, and had twins, 2 pets, so those custom box-gridss were handy, as well as the pile of boxes what is a poor sim's changing table )
Screenshots

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Instructor
#4 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:09 AM
I really love your founder's lot. It looks both depressing and unconventional at the same time. It has a very disheveled or repurposed look! Nice job overall!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 1:55 PM
Wow, I love that apocalypse town! That's a cool idea, to move them into a 'normal' neighbourhood once they get through the apocalypse.

Glad to hear of someone else who found a use for Bluehaven too- I had a blast building that but never really played it (too big and too 'nice'! )

Looking forward to seeing some more pics and hearing about the sims themselves. :lovestruc
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 11:42 PM
ty simsample

Here it is, or was, took the pic when I was moving first apoc-survives to Bluehaven

Screenshots

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:34 PM
Am I also allowed to post pics of the hoods I am currently building? Or is it strictly for the hoods I play?

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
ty simsample

Here it is, or was, took the pic when I was moving first apoc-survives to Bluehaven

Aww, Bluehaven looks nice with those skies! You also did some landscaping. :lovestruc :lovestruc

I would say that there are no rules here- pretty sure we would all like to see your new neighbourhood, too!
Theorist
#9 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:57 PM
Wow, Blue Haven looks amazing!
Did you use the zombie mod in your apoc challenge?

ETA: this group was created for us to showcase what we want about our hoods.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 12:57 AM
@simsample, only the tree-defaults (lowedeus) and that boat , ohh and the slower placement of clouds, the thing looked good only in waterfalls, so I was super exited to finally use that hooddeco. I have had it for ages.

@Essa , no I did not, I would of certanly did if playing only apoc.challenge, but I really did not want to have zombies ar Bluehaven

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:41 PM
@Kukamuukaanmuka
Your English is fairly good, no worries. Also most of us understand typos.

The way you got started sounds very involved, not something I would ever do, but it made for interesting reading. Your pictures are great. I am looking forward to more.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 1:44 AM
@lordtyger9 , thank you
And really Blue Haven is the first time I am doing it like this, so long process indeed, currently starting my second last apoc challenge .
The other families are at Blue Haven , just put them to their lots , did not played at all .
As in apoc hood the 4 community lots allow townies only , and I have the "bring home dialog"-mod do if the kid tries to bring playable from Blue Haven back from school, is simply denie it And if someone bring a playable from work who is not a townie, I simply say goodbye right when it is possible

Okies, that's about that , I am currently making 2 new hoods (some day to share).
A tropical vacation destination, called Volcano Island. This is the one I have been doing for few months, but it is still in very beginning, as it is my "escape" from my primary project (takes place in totally opposite weather, winter , winter.... what was allmost finished but, because of certain things I had to allmost completely start it from fresh ).
Only 4 lots "finished" so far.. and as I play at empty environment, I like to make 4-5 lots before testing , so I do not have to allow/dissallow stealthhoods all the time.
And even these arent finished, realised some missing wallpapers when I took these shots.. aah well

pic-heavy

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 7:41 AM
nice reading and good pictures

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#14 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 9:51 PM
How lovely!

Your neighborhoods turned out to be amazing! :lovestruc

By the way, I'd hate to wear such a wool pullover in summer, especially when you're on a tropical island!
That must be very brave of Sasha!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Link Ninja
#15 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 10:30 PM
AHhh I am such a sucker for people who are able to put time into making custom vacay hoods! Love that port and marina you have set up with neighborhood deco. So cool!!! Also I forgot to comment before but your neighborhood looks so good and organized!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#16 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 10:33 PM
I can't express how much I love that pyramid lot! That is really well done. The custom content you're using is lovely, as well. Really like those tropical huts and the all the coordinating furniture. Good luck with your hood!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 10:16 PM
Thank you all <3

Yes that pyramid was hard for me to do I had to redo it so many times.

Now again back doing my winterthing, but when I get freezing enough by winter-theme, I escape to Volcano Island

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Space Pony
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:27 AM
I got bored wit takemizu.. so this is my fastest made hood ever, used the secret lot by @maxon, multiused the big residential lot by @zarathustra (changed the roof to red) , the palace by @bumblebee560 , the hotel by @johnnymixxxx, Tranquil Oasis by @joandsarah77 (if remember correctly changed the roofcolor here also) , mini vacationlots by @aelflaed, Affordable Asiatic Abodes by @QBUILDERZ and Vacation Rentals @Kainschylde209

Only made myself the 2 beachlots, spa and a cheap motel

Screenshots

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Link Ninja
#19 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:33 AM
Very pretty!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 3:47 AM
Show a closer pic @Kukamuukaanmuka I love seeing what people do to my lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#21 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:36 AM
So beautiful! I would love to travel there now ) Ever thought of uploading it ? (If not, then it's okay, I don't mean to pressure you-I just really love it!) Anyways, the landscape is rather halcyon, and reminiscent of postcard depictions of Eastern Asia. I love your incorporation of cherry blossoms, to truly depict a wonderful Asian vacation destination! 10/10

Check it out ;)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:25 AM
Very nice - I'm pleased you used the secret lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Space Pony
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 3:17 PM
Thank you
@Emperor Crat , I am sorry I cannot, as I mentioned 98% of the lots are done by other people

@joandsarah77 , here There must be yummy fishes in that bond, my sim did not ask anyone to join her, but seemed that every sim had to go fishing

Screenshots

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Instructor
#24 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 3:56 PM
There must be yummy fishes in that pond ...

Based on the second picture, I don't think there are any fish left in that pond!

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 8:33 PM
Thank you
@Emperor Crat , I am sorry I cannot, as I mentioned 98% of the lots are done by other people

@joandsarah77 , here There must be yummy fishes in that bond, my sim did not ask anyone to join her, but seemed that every sim had to go fishing
<snip>

Wow I really love how your Asian Neighborhood looks and the lot you are featuring is beautiful.

Page 1 of 2