Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:42 AM
Default s4pe Help
So here I am looking at the big ass fullbuild .package file and I have no idea what any of that means. Basically I want to start by putting a logo on a shirt, but I don't know how to extract the main texture, bump and spec maps, and then put it all back together as it's own .package file. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, and sorry if I'm making an unnecessary post. I've been looking around but there's so much stuff out there it's a little overwhelming.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:51 PM
Read this thread here
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=529530

Download Granthes' recolor tool and use it together with s4pe.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Read this thread here
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=529530

Download Granthes' recolor tool and use it together with s4pe.

Thank you. I noticed the recolor tool doesn't list skintones, unless I'm not looking properly. What would be a way to extract the skintones?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:32 PM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 10th Aug 2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
The skintones are the 12 or 13 files called TONE. When I have exported these to file, a program like Gimp refuses to open them. So I don't know how to do it, although I have seen the screenshot of the blue altered skintone. I have no idea how they did it though.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:21 PM
Yeah, I saw a screenshot of a purple sim. Anyways, thanks so much. I finally made my first simple CC. The stretching is not very pretty, though.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:25 PM
There's a really in-depth tutorial on how to use the earlier version of Color Magic at Platinum Simmers: http://www.platinumsimmers.com/arti...for-the-sims-4/

Latest version of CM is a little different but the steps are similar. There'll be another update this weekend as well; Grant is gradually adding functionality and reducing issues. Takes a lot of research time since there's a lot of unknown elements still in the CAS Parts format.
Instructor
#7 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:50 PM
For those that are looking for information on skins, I have done a little work on decoding the TONE resource. You can find what I have now at this link: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=253

The TONE resource looks like it is just an index for other files and points to several DDS images.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:40 AM
Thank you, Srikandi and Granthes, and everyone really, for all the effort you put into making things easier for those of us who don't know much about any of this. I'll definitely go check those links out once I get a chance.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:04 AM
Default S4pe Not Working..
Everytime i try and merge my package files this box pops up saying:

Could not import all resources - aborting.
(RK: 0x3453CF95-0x00000000-0xF2195C7646C9CD95)

== START ==
Source: s4pi.WrapperDealer
Assembly: s4pi.WrapperDealer, Version=1409.20.1413.16591, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Could not find a resource handler
at s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)

at s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie, Boolean AlwaysDefault)

at S4PIDemoFE.MainForm.importPackagesCommon(String[] packageList, String title, DuplicateHandling dups, Boolean compress, Boolean useNames, Boolean rename, List`1 dupsList, AutoSaveState autoSaveState, IList`1 selection)
-----
== END ==

Is this happening to anyone else? and how do i fix it?
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 10:34 PM
Default This happend to me
Quote: Originally posted by allxo
Everytime i try and merge my package files this box pops up saying:

Could not import all resources - aborting.
(RK: 0x3453CF95-0x00000000-0xF2195C7646C9CD95)

== START ==
Source: s4pi.WrapperDealer
Assembly: s4pi.WrapperDealer, Version=1409.20.1413.16591, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Could not find a resource handler
at s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)

at s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie, Boolean AlwaysDefault)

at S4PIDemoFE.MainForm.importPackagesCommon(String[] packageList, String title, DuplicateHandling dups, Boolean compress, Boolean useNames, Boolean rename, List`1 dupsList, AutoSaveState autoSaveState, IList`1 selection)
-----
== END ==

Is this happening to anyone else? and how do i fix it?

For ANYONE READING THIS THAT IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM I HAVE THE SOLUTION....

Ok what you need to do is move all your package files from your sims mods folder and create a new folder and move it their...Create a new folder in your desktop wherever you want. Make sure the mods folder is left empty except obviously for the only file which is white that's called resource.cfg file. Anyway, now turn on your s4pe or S3PE and while its running open the new folder you created with the mods and highlight and copy all of them and DRAG them to the S3PE while its opened....Now it should work. I wasted about 2-3 hours figuring out why I kept getting this message after I downloaded the software. I found out it doesn't like you to directly get the package.files from your mods folder in your Sims but it doesn't have a problem accepting it from a regular folder created in my desktop. Just drag them inside the S3PE or s4pe whichever Sims 3 or in my case 4 you have. Hope it worked and for anyone else googling this and reading threads online looking for answers hoped this helped