Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:45 AM
Default How do I figure out which part is which part of the hair?
I'm trying to do a multi-tone recolor, which should be easy, but I'm staring at a square and can't seem to guess which part of the square is for which part of the hair. Is there some sort of map to it, or a way to do it where i get a flattened out version of the hair?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 4:45 PM
Sorry I missed this. Where the parts of the hair are on the texture is determined by the uv map of the mesh. Just keep them inside the area allotted to hair.

Not sure what you mean by getting a flattened out version of the hair unless you're referring to uv unwrapping which depends on the tool you're using.

https://m.imgur.com/35eI9te

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 10:50 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. XD I've been doing some trial and error and ultimately decided I was trying to run before I could walk. Thanks though!