Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 6:33 PM
Default My Skin is a Void
First time using Skininator (at least, first time I didn't immediately get intimidated and nope out) and I thought I'd gotten everything right. The skin looks perfect in CAS ... but when I got to testing in game, it's completely blacked out. Like my sim is a void of nothingness wandering around in some clothes blacked out. IDK what I might have done wrong, I imported the skin image for CAS and in game but ... yeah, I obviously went wrong somewhere. Maybe I tried to do something too complex for a first time ...
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:49 PM
Check that you imported both the CAS and game skin textures in the correct format. Both are needed. That coal black skin is typically caused by a missing texture.

Please upload your package so I can see what's going on.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Check that you imported both the CAS and game skin textures in the correct format. Both are needed. That coal black skin is typically caused by a missing texture.

Please upload your package so I can see what's going on.

They're both up as .dds with the proper compression, and it works fine in the skininator. Here's the package.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [ER] dutchskin.zip (2.32 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 2:37 PM
Your textures both have no mipmaps. This makes no difference in CAS which uses the main texture, but in game the mipmaps are used except very close up. If you zoom way in you'll see the skin appear. You need to generate mipmaps and replace the textures in Skininator.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 4:16 PM
I added in the mipmaps but it's still not working?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [ER] dutchskin.zip (2.32 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 4:34 PM
This package also doesn't have mipmaps. Make sure your DDS file size is 2731KB, that you save changes after importing the texture to both CAS and game images, and that you save the package.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 7:09 PM
It's working now. I think I forgot to push "commit changes" last time.