Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 10:50 PM
Default Low-rise bar building?
Finally got my copy of LN and realized that all prefab bars are high-rises supposed to be placed on lots the size of Texas and Alaska combined... Not really something you can just place in good old SW. So, on to building...

Ok, has anyone figured out what (besides zoning) is needed for bar to function as a bar? Any special doors/items? Any potential gotchas? Any sample layouts?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:14 AM
I don't think it takes anything more then the lot designation, there are some recommended things but nothing required that I know of, for example you should probably include bathrooms, a bar, dance floor, instruments and the bouncer but they're not required...

Hi I'm Paul!
The other one
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:24 AM
I don't think there's anything you actually need though you can't really call it a bar if there's no actual bar there I suppose but it really depends what you want to get from it. I've actually just made a bar on a little 20x20 lot because I hate those big lots (though I s'pose I should get used to them if I wanna play a city setting ) but I find sims games annoying like darts and that big long table thing, I don't even know what it's called so I didn't bother including them. I'm not sure if the bouncer ropes are a requirement though, I didn't test it. Pressumably if you don't have them the bar will just be open to everyone.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 5:59 AM
I suppose when you just make a bar to a world there are no requirements on what there should be...

but... when you actually buy the bar in game (so that sim owns it) there needs to be at least these items:
- toilet
- sink
- bar

What I noticed with my very simple bar that I made with those rules, the sims didn't really go there much. I had already placed bar, made 2 bathrooms, had 2 small dancefloors and a band-stand. Then flashy lights and a smokemachine.
So I add some entertainment objects like a big tv, dartsboard.... And voila, the next evening my little pub was full of sims
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:53 PM
Thanks everyone. Made a few bars and they seem to work.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 11:16 PM
Heya

I have also made 2 bars, and all the above posts are correct.

You need :

Bar
Toilets
Ropes (entry ones)
Music
Dance Floor
Bandstand & Equipment
Then any other item or decoration you want.

However, I have found an annoying thing, well 2 things.

Sometimes the sim I send there, can actually get through the entry ropes and past the bouncer without even asking for entry etc.
I have tested this on 2 different sims, and they walk right on past the bouncer lol

I can put this down to 2 things (any other ideas would be welcome here ) ;

1) both sims I sent to the bar / nightclub I created were filthy rich (ie I put in cheat at sometime)

2)I created the bar / nightclub in Twinbrook via changing a lot type through Edit Town. Maybee the bar has to be in the new LN town?

Ok on to the other annoying thing.
No matter what, any sim I send to either of the nightclubs I made in Twinbrook, can preform the 'Raging Dance' or 'Rocking Dance' even the 'Sweet Dance'!
There is music playing via a sterio or someone over at the band stand (wich is close to dance floor), and no matter what, when clicking on the floor. it just says Dance...the normal everyday dance

Maybee it could be attributed to Point 2 above?

Would like to hear what the OP has found and anyone else on whats needed for a nightclub and if things work.

cheers

And long time no see guys

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 5:54 AM
When you use the ropes with bouncher you can (need) also set it to let certain sims pass and reject others. If you don't do any settings, all sims can pass. You can see the rope settings by holding ctrl+shift+clicking on the rope. All this can be found in the game help in the actual game.

I made a vampire bar, and didn't want all sims in there, so I set the celebrity level to 3, on creatures chose only vampires, set the money needed to give to the bouncher to 100.

Those dance styles you describe are a part of party-animal trait. Sims without that trait can only do the normal dance.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 11:40 PM
There are actually pretty specific instructions for what needs to go into a bar in the Late Night in-game lessons I know, that's the last place I'd ever think to look for real information too!