Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 3:31 AM Last edited by celestial-cookie : 14th Jul 2016 at 3:36 AM. Reason: Formatting
Default Is this... Normal?
So I just had a plumbot, Seven, fall victim to a script error while in the Wasteland. Errortrap caught him (I should probably mention that I have Traveler installed) and teleported him back to Oasis Landing's community living center, whereupon I noticed that despite his other two motives appearing to have been filled, Seven's Social bar (unlocked via Friendly Functions) was empty. And I couldn't refill it with testing cheats, nor Max Motives. He was also missing a few recently promised Wishes.

Now I have nraas Saver, but my last save was about 20 minutes ago and I'd made quite a bit of progress in that time so I decided to troubleshoot instead of simply reloading. Seven only had the Friendly Functions and AI Angler trait chips anyways, after all, and I figured I could probably fix the problem.

Oh, how wrong I was.

First I tried making the game recognize his social motive by interacting with a few nearby NPCs. He entered the building, then promptly got a... forced shutdown moodlet. Right next to his "full battery" moodlet. Okay... Perhaps this was because he was already low on battery when he encountered the script error? I tried using resetsim, but nothing happened to the moodlet. I then Ctrl+Clicked it away and sent him to go interact again, and... nothing. The action would show up in his queue, then disappear. I could get him to go places, but he couldn't interact with anyone. After using resetsim two more times, I used MasterController's Reset Sim as a last resort. He still couldnt interact with anyone. So I made him go upstairs, to where his creator was making a shower, thinking I'd remove the Friendly Functions chip and reinsert it. He gets upstairs, I switch sims and click on him... and the only thing that comes up is "Nraas". At this point, after checking that he could interact with objects but still not with people, I sighed, saved, and used Total Annihilation.

Had he been worth more, I would've reloaded the save, but I had made significant progress since my last save and it just wasn't worth it. But does anyone know what the hell happened? I've never had anything like this happen before, but I've heard rumors of plumbots being really glitchy- have I just been lucky up to this point? Was there any way I could've saved Seven without reloading the save?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 2:03 AM
Where you are referencing NRaas mods in play and Script Errors being generated you're best bet is to come over where the mod lives and upload the Script Errors for someone to read for you. See How To Upload. You need to be a member to upload and post but it is free and easy to do see Becomming A Member On This Page