Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 7:15 AM Last edited by Rulue : 29th Nov 2013 at 7:29 AM.
Default How to make a plumbot look like a sim.
Guuuuys! I found a way to make a plumbot who looks like a sim and can be edited in CAS. The only problem is, the way I managed to do this was making it a plumbot/simbot hybrid, so one would need Ambitions for this. You will need Master Controller, since it works mostly the same as the method this user posted.

First, you create the plumbot or buy it, either way works. Don't mess with trait chips yet, do this process first. Then you click the plumbot and select Master Controller > Intermediate > Occult: Add > Simbot.

The appearance of the plumbot will change to that of an ordinary simbot. The trick is to turn it in a simbot because you can edit simbots in CAS without them reverting to a normal sim. Edit him or her in CAS however you like, be it with testing cheats enabled or master controller, either way is fine. Edit him or her to your liking, change the clothes, and everything. You may notice the background is the Create-A-Bot background. I recommend you DON'T change anything in the personality tab. I haven't tested enough to know what happens if you do, but it probably might conflict with the trait chips functionality.

Now, click on the plumbot again, Master Controller, Advanced, Reset Sim, otherwise your other sims won't be able to interact with the plumbot(plumdroid?) properly. Apparently you only have to do it once, but I haven't played for long. After you finish, you may remove the Simbot occult from MC the same way you added it. It will keep all the changes, and you will still be able to edit him or her in regular, sim CAS. You might keep it as well, though, if you want, but they will have to eat scrap and other simbot annoyances.. You will have to use your creator sim and select "upgrade trait chip slots" before you will be able to use the trait chips for some reason, but everything works fine afterwards!

He can do everything a plumbot can, the only difference is he looks like a sim :3

So far, the only problem I've experienced is that I can't get the "capacity to love" chip working for some reason. Huh. Time travel also makes him revert to...a human looking simbot? Rather unexpected, I guess.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 9:10 PM
For some reason my plumbot's quality is stuck at level zero. Do you know a fix for this?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 3:10 AM Last edited by michael.c.gallo : 2nd Dec 2013 at 6:47 AM.
I can't actually do this method because I don't have ambitions.
You can add sim traits to a plumbot with testingcheatsenabled true. I've done it. Sometimes they won't appear on the "special" menu button when talking to another sim but you'll notice what it does by the moodlets they get anyway.I don't know what would happen with a plumbot/simbot though.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rgnrk198
For some reason my plumbot's quality is stuck at level zero. Do you know a fix for this?

I have the same.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 12:52 AM Last edited by michael.c.gallo : 15th Dec 2013 at 7:59 AM.
It happens with the time traveler way too. The only way I've seen around this is to use a plumbot already on future tech quality and reset them after turning them into a hybrid. ( Edit: this doesn't work see my post below kindgenius's.)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 1:05 PM
I did reset them. It didn' t work. Luckily my android is on solar energy( I maxed out the Bot Building skill and made all the trait chips I needed before making him) .
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 7:49 AM Last edited by michael.c.gallo : 24th Dec 2013 at 9:51 AM.
I have some plumbots that are already humans on the exchange. They aren't a time traveler or a simbot. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7857378 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7859888
Try making them what you want them to look like, then remove their extra occult life state and save them to the plumbot bin. Delete and remake the plumbot. Simple as that.
Off topic: aren't you the one that made some of the sonic characters for sims 2?! I have them in my sims 2 game. Nice work. (I'm talking to KindGenius)
Also anyone know what skin/accessory is he used in the pictures? The plumbot/sim has robot lines on his body in the picture.
Edit: Save them to the plumbot bin BEFORE removing their extra occult life state. Then remove it and go back to the plumbot bin with your plumbot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 10:44 PM
The skin is this one; http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_71be8a2d010110q7.html

For some reason, I didn't get the quality level bug. Strange.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 9:08 AM Last edited by Minaki : 18th Dec 2013 at 2:43 PM.
So I created a lvl9 quality pumbot and poked it around until it became Future Tech level. After that, I saved my game, used mastercontroller to turn it into a plumbot-simbot hybrid and entered CAS. Thing is, I must be forgetting something, cause I can't make my hybrid look anything like those picture. When I dress him up you can still see robotic hands and feet (sometimes even overlapping the clothes) and when I try to change the haircut I end up with hair on an non-existent head, as the head just disappears. I can't change the skintone at all, it just keeps looking robotic. What am I missing here?

edit: also, when I dress my plumbot I just need to change his everyday clothes right? or do plumbots change into different outfits as well?

edit 2: I have several non-default skins on my packages folder, and this particular skin (I have the JOINTED_DollSkinV3.0_Klavix version) is not showing up in my game. I had never noticed this before as I ended up not using the skin after I downloaded it. I downloaded the non-default jointed version from 4Shared, as I just couldn't download it from DBank and now I can't help but to wonder if the DBank version is working. Anyone with this skin managed to make the 4Shared file show up on their game? :c
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 2:35 AM
I had the same problem as the above poster. The head disappears when I add hair, the clothes merge into the robotic arms. I don't have the Doll Skin, though; I'm using navetsea's skins.

Also, don't use the premade bin on the plumbot. I tried using that as a means to fix the above problem. The eyes were still shining through in CAS. The moment I left, the appearance completely altered to a pudding and it even got a randomized name. None of the plumbot interactions were working, either.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by michael.c.gallo
I have some plumbots that are already humans on the exchange. They aren't a time traveler or a simbot. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7857378 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7859888
Try making them what you want them to look like, then remove their extra occult life state and save them to the plumbot bin. Delete and remake the plumbot. Simple as that.
Off topic: aren't you the one that made some of the sonic characters for sims 2?! I have them in my sims 2 game. Nice work. (I'm talking to KindGenius)
Also anyone know what skin/accessory is he used in the pictures? The plumbot/sim has robot lines on his body in the picture.

I removed the occult state, but it didn' t help. Also, I don' t want to delete and remake my plumbot since he' s already a part of my sim' s family. And... Let' s just say I consider deletion barbaric( yeah, I know I sound weird) . I already spent a lot of time at SimPE restoring No character sims just because I' m that pissed off by the deletion. Also, I miss the good old SimPE. If anyone shows me it' s equivalent for TS3, I' ll be incredibly grateful.
And yes, I made the Sonic characters. Didn' t expect anyone recognizing me around the web for that.
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 12:21 PM
OMG!!!!! Thank you.Now I can create android
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 3:45 AM
All right, I finally got a Simdroid! But I had to use a different method, inspired by the other method.

First, we take a Plumbot. This is Lore.

...no, I did not pick that look, and yes I have a Simdroid named Data. She's female, though.

Anyway, once you have your bot, upgrade it to level 10.

Then, go to MasterController>Intermediate>Add Occult>Time Traveller.

If your bot is female, she'll get a random appearance, but if your sim is male, he'll look like this.

Makeover time! Go to CAS.

And this doesn't have the issues I ran into with the Simbot/Plumbot method, for whatever reason. So I can turn Lore into this:

Everyone, meet Lore Luthor! I didn't actually mean to make him look like that, but I couldn't find any good male hair.

And unlike some of my previous attempts, it won't give me a randomized appearance when I come back.

Then, just reset the Plumbot and remove Time Traveler as an occult, and you're all set!

...I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

Anyway, for those of you having trouble with the Capacity to Love chip, I have the solution! If you have StoryProgression (or possibly if you don't?), then the Plumbots are set to only have romantic actions with other Plumbots. Go to StoryProgression>Caste Options>Flirt: Allow Caste, and then select whichever ones you want. Then, you need to get a mod that unlocks traits. This one should help. You need to shift-click the bot, add traits to the active sim, and then add the Capacity to Love trait there, too. Then, you should be set to have a fully romantic bot. I found this out when I was having some trouble with Woohooer, so turned on Debugging mode. At the same time, I was trying to figure out why my Sexbot was a Platonic Sexbot.

So, I hope I helped someone out, here.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 5:37 AM
Wow, thank you! I will try your method soon, as well. Sorry to cause your guys so much trouble

I don't have Story Progression installed, but I still don't get the romantic interactions. Does anyone know what I should do?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 2:24 PM
Are you trying to do romance between two plumbots with the Capacity to Love chip or a plumbot and a human?
If it's the former, then did you try getting the mod I suggested and unlocking the trait?
If it's the latter, then it's probably a game problem and not an SP problem. SP is the only mod I know of that'll allow you to change that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 3:35 AM
A plumbot and a human, actually. Between plumbots it works fine.

Damn... I guess I will have to install it. Is it heavier on the PC than Awesomemod's progression?
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 4:12 AM
I haven't tried Awesomemod's, but the NRaas site says that that SP is easier, because AM actually makes the sims go out and act the stories, while SP doesn't. I don't see it that much on my computer, but our PCs probably have different specs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 5:58 AM
I tried your method, but upon leaving CAS the plumbot immediately turns into a normal sim for some reason.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:14 AM
That's weird. In the occult menu where you turned it into a time traveler, is it still tagged as a plumbot?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 5:00 PM
I used hugbug993's method to create two simdroids, a male and a female. I did have some problems when creating them. I noticed that if you change from their Everyday outfit to create another outfit, the head becomes invisible and the hair floats in thin air! I was also unable to "Save them to the plumbot bin" as michael.c.gallo mentioned in reply #7. When I saved my simdroid and then opened the pre-made sim bin (the only bin that was available to use), he was not there. So, the bottomline is that I could only create the 'droid's Everyday outfit and had to leave CAS without saving the sim. That didn't seem to have any immediate effects on the functions of the sim as a plumbot.

Now comes the next problem I ran into. I reset the simdroid and went into MC to remove the Time Traveler Occult to make him a "pure" plumbot in human form. However, when I removed the Time Traveler Occult, the 'droid's head disappeared (except for his hair) and his outfit changed to a random one. So I retraced the steps to create the simdroid, but did not remove the Time Traveler Occult, so my 'droid is a plumbot AND a Time Traveler. Again, it doesn't seem to be effecting the plumbot functions.

Regardless, they seem to be working well, although they are rather "fragile." By fragile I mean that on occasion, their sim panel reflects a human sim instead of a plumbot, but if you click out and back in, the plumbot traits show once again.

Sorry for the lengthy discussion, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced these issues, or could give me some advice on what I may be doing wrong. Overall, I do seem to have functioning simdroids, so I thank one and all for providing the instructions to make them! It really enhances the game. It also makes the plumbot less conspicuous when in a world other than Oasis Landing!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 7:29 PM
For the head disappearing after you remove the Time Traveler Occult, did that happen with both your sims or just the male one? Because I noticed some differences between Data (female and my first successful simdroid) and Lore (male), that are probably caused by one of two things.

1. The gender differences. When I add the occult, the gynoids get a random appearance, but the androids get Emit Relevart, a specific sim. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

2. When creating Data, I somehow managed to remove her from the family tree. To be specific, I accidentally turned her into a normal sim, then added the Plumbot occult to turn her back, then did the steps I listed above. It's possible that the droid is more stable when it isn't considered another sim's creation.

Also, the only problem with keeping the Time Traveler occult is that your droids won't be able to do romantic actions, even with my Sexbot instructions. It'll also be able to give out the Utopia/Dystopia quests.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 12:49 AM
Yeah! I finally managed to fix my android' s quality level! I once again went to Master Controller, chose Stylist, then a Create - A - Bot appeared with my plumbot in it. I saved my plumbot into the plumbot bin, and clicked Commit. Then his quality became Duct Taped, and my sim( master Bot Builder) upgraded him to Future Tech. Seems to work fine, only I haven' t tested his reaction to time travel and travelling to WA countries yet. Also, make sure to remove all the trait chips before doing so and insert them back after you did this. If you don' t do this, the chips will be lost.
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
All right, I finally got a Simdroid! But I had to use a different method, inspired by the other method.

First, we take a Plumbot. This is Lore.

...no, I did not pick that look, and yes I have a Simdroid named Data. She's female, though.

Anyway, once you have your bot, upgrade it to level 10.

Then, go to MasterController>Intermediate>Add Occult>Time Traveller.

If your bot is female, she'll get a random appearance, but if your sim is male, he'll look like this.

Makeover time! Go to CAS.

And this doesn't have the issues I ran into with the Simbot/Plumbot method, for whatever reason. So I can turn Lore into this:

Everyone, meet Lore Luthor! I didn't actually mean to make him look like that, but I couldn't find any good male hair.

And unlike some of my previous attempts, it won't give me a randomized appearance when I come back.

Then, just reset the Plumbot and remove Time Traveler as an occult, and you're all set!

...I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

Anyway, for those of you having trouble with the Capacity to Love chip, I have the solution! If you have StoryProgression (or possibly if you don't?), then the Plumbots are set to only have romantic actions with other Plumbots. Go to StoryProgression>Caste Options>Flirt: Allow Caste, and then select whichever ones you want. Then, you need to get a mod that unlocks traits. This one should help. You need to shift-click the bot, add traits to the active sim, and then add the Capacity to Love trait there, too. Then, you should be set to have a fully romantic bot. I found this out when I was having some trouble with Woohooer, so turned on Debugging mode. At the same time, I was trying to figure out why my Sexbot was a Platonic Sexbot.

So, I hope I helped someone out, here.

My sim just becomes a human after I tried this multiple times I guess I'll never get a human looking plumbot no matter what I try
Instructor
#24 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:45 AM
My only problem is that mine comes out with no head. Arms and legs are fine, just the head is gone. I haven't tried the second method yet, though.
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 12:01 AM
Hello ! Me I've done the first method and I can't upgrade the quality of my PlumSim ( It's EDI ) Please help !
Page 1 of 3