Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:22 AM
Default Changing A Door Texture
I would like to change the paneling texture on a door. I wanted to see a six panel door. How do I do that?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:26 AM
Have you read this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=538657 ?

Not sure if I understand you correctly though: do you mean you want to change the texture OF the (existing) six panel door, or make some other door into a six panel one? Cause if it's the latter, be aware you would have to change the mesh too for a really convincing six-panelisation .. and there currently is no tool for that. But if you're happy with just painted-on panels (like when the door is not very 3D in the first place), replacing the textures might be sufficient.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:47 PM
Default Door Texture Different In Game
I just changed the door texture, but when I go in the game, the texture doesn't match. How many texture files do you have to edit?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 11:19 PM
Please take a look at this thread if you haven't already.

Also, we'd need a lot more detail .. like, which door is this, what texture/s did you change, how did you do that (exact steps), what do you mean by "doesn't match" (match what?) etc etc.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Please take a look at this thread if you haven't already.

Also, we'd need a lot more detail .. like, which door is this, what texture/s did you change, how did you do that (exact steps), what do you mean by "doesn't match" (match what?) etc etc.

I picked an existing door that had four panels. In this package, there were five resources and they were all IMG. I exported and edited the first IMG. The door texture in game was mix colored on one side not showing the white wood texture with six panels.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 12:23 AM
Which door was that? Which package? Which resources? Can you post screenshots of what you're seeing in s4pe, in your editor, and in game?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 1:17 AM
Which door was that? Which package? Which resources? Can you post screenshots of what you're seeing in s4pe, in your editor, and in game?

Here is the zip file. It has two screenshots and the package file inside. What I'm trying to do is the texture override. If you're nice enough, can you please fix the mistake in the package file. It's the first time I've done this.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Door.zip (1.19 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 1:49 AM
Please attach your screenshots as images, not zip/rar. That only makes things complicated.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 2:00 AM
Please attach your screenshots as images, not zip/rar. That only makes things complicated.

Here are the screenshots.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 2:08 AM
So what package is this, one of melbrewer's downloads? And it breaks when you replace which texture? Please describe what you were doing (i.e. what I asked you in post #2). A screenshot of the original might also be helpful.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 2:33 AM
So what package is this, one of melbrewer's downloads? And it breaks when you replace which texture? Please describe what you were doing (i.e. what I asked you in post #2). A screenshot of the original might also be helpful.

In this screenshot of the original package, the ones with the red box around were the ones I replaced. I have exported the first and fifth IMG as DDS to edit them. Then I replaced the edited textures in S4PE.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 2:43 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 29th Nov 2014 at 3:03 PM.
Again -- exact steps please -- I'm not going to ask a fourth time. You somehow produced a dds there that the game cannot read, so we need to know what exactly you were doing (i.e. the export options of your editor and any conversion tools you may have used) in order to tell you what went wrong.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 5:04 AM
Again -- exact steps please -- I'm not going to ask a fourth time. You somehow produced a dds there that the game cannot read, so we need to know what exactly you were doing (i.e. the export options of your editor and any conversion tools you may have used) in order to tell you what went wrong.

How do you think of this door texture now? I have used the Sims 4 Studio to edit the door texture.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 3:11 AM
For feedback on aesthetics best use the Creator Feedback forum: http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=473

To me it looks very flat, like it had no texture (or bump/spec map) whatsoever. But that may be partly due to the lighting and angle in your picture .. for useful feedback try taking a picture straight from the front, with more light in the room.