Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 8:43 AM
Default Can someone please convert my FBX mesh to a file that will work in the game? (Zelda master sword)
Hi guys

Ok, so I'll keep this simple. I am new to modding and TSRW. I would love it if someone can make the attached files into a Sims 3 package for me to use in the game. HOWEVER the end goal here is to use these objects in THE SIMS 4, and because there is NOT a version available of TSRW for TS4 yet I was going to create a TS3 custom object and then convert it to a TS4 package as I have seen this done before by other modders. A tool I planned to use was http://modthesims.info/d/364038 but I'm not sure if this is the way you guys would do it.

A friend of mine has created some 3D models for me of the Zelda master sword. I've been trying for endless hours to convert the FBX files he supplied me with to the right format but have run into multiple issues:

1. For some reason TSRW didn't include the dll files I need for the plugin for milkshape, so I can't use milkshape to export my FBX files to TSRW files.

2. Apparently TSRW comes with and FBX plugin to open these files, and although this is ticked and activated under TSRW preferences, it still won't let me import FBX files. *shrugs*

3. I have no clue how to use TSRW even though it looks pretty simple from all the tutorials I've followed. I'm sure I could figure it out if I could just get my files into TSRW, but after endless attempts at multiple fixes NOTHING is working

4. I don't know how to make 3D models. So when I open my 3D models in blender the texture isn't there and I dunno how to get it back and even so I can't export from blender to the right format anyway...

So with all that said I am really hoping someone can use the attached FBX files and the textures included to make me a SIMS 4 compatible custom object! Thing is I need it in the next 12-16 hours! D: If you can help me I can repay you by mentioning you in my speed build of the temple of time on my YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/omfgitsbec

Thanks so much to anyone that can help, I am forever grateful!!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Hyrulestuff.zip (1.33 MB, 19 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:15 AM
@beclet, I've moved your thread to Sims 4 Creation. Requests are not allowed on MTS btw. What is allowed is to ask for help doing it yourself.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@beclet, I've moved your thread to Sims 4 Creation. Requests are not allowed on MTS btw. What is allowed is to ask for help doing it yourself.

Woops! Thank you
Sorry, well if anyone can walk me through something that would be much appreciated!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 10:06 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 10th Jan 2015 at 11:00 AM.
Beclet, first of all, I hate to bring bad news, but object creation is not yet possible for TS4, so you won't be able to have this item in TS4. Being able to import objects is being worked on by a couple of different coding teams, but neither of them are ready for prime time yet. So it's definitely not going to be possible within the next 12-16 hours, sorry!

You could, in theory, make this kind of object for TS3, but I downloaded your zip file and tried importing your .fbx files into both Milkshape and Blender, and in both cases, nothing showed up. After importing each file, the screen was still blank in both programs. So I don't know what's going on there, maybe it's some form of .fbx that isn't compatible with either of those programs. If your friend could export them in .obj format, you might have more luck with it showing up.

Hope this helps at least a little.

ETA: Just had a second thought - this thread is in the Object Creation forum but, are you planning to use this sword as an actual object (a deco item), or, as something for the sim to hold in their hand (an accessory)? If the latter, that CAN be do-able. You would need to clone a ring or bracelet and assign the sword to the hand or wrist joint. You could use Sims 4 Studio to do this - try downloading the program and following their tutorials, which are very good and clearly explained, and if you have any questions, they are good at answering them. The current stable version of Studio is here: http://sims-studio.proboards.com/th...-studio-2-monty , and you can find tutorials and ask questions at that site.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 12:30 PM
Thanks Esmeralda
Just to clarify it's just a statue decor object for decorating in build mode, not a sword for the character to hold (but hearing you say this is possible is pretty awesome, will have to look into that further!)
That's a shame though. I saw this: http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...den/id/1277623/
And under the "Creator Notes" tab, she states she has converted her TS3 items to TS4, therefore I thought maybe if we made my items work with TS3 and then convert them to a TS4 compatibility using plausible methods? Would this be at all feasible?

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:26 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 10th Jan 2015 at 2:37 PM.
The Sims Resource is one of the two teams I mentioned who are producing tools to enable TS4 object creation. In TSR's case, they are only letting a small hand-picked selection of already-highly-experienced creators use the TS4 beta version of TSRW, to make the new objects you've seen uploaded at TSR (also, our own HugeLunatic uploaded a couple of nice new objects here on MTS using the beta TSRW). So you yourself wouldn't be able to obtain a copy of it for your own use.

The other team is the Sims 4 Studio team, who have recently added the ability to recolour objects to the latest beta version of Studio (which is an open beta which anyone can download and help with testing, no matter how inexperienced or experienced), and are currently working on implementing the ability to mesh them as well.

So you won't be able to make objects the way you are asking, by making them TS3 and converting them to TS4, until one or both of the above tools adds that ability AND is released to the general public. (And even then, there's no need to make them in TS3 first.)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:55 PM
Converting TS3 to TS4 is not magical. You don't need a working TS3 package first.

TSRW for TS4 is still in testing and not available to everyone. Sims 4 Studio has the option to clone, but you need to use Blender to edit the meshes. There are tutorials at S4S forum.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 3:12 PM
Thanks, HL. Just want to clarify that Sims4 Studio is currently only able to clone objects for recolouring, not for meshing. They say the ability to mesh objects with it is being worked on, but not ready yet.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 10th Jan 2015 at 7:41 PM.
Yes, when you clone an object recolour with S4S, you get a .package with all those nice little MLODs and MODLs sitting in there enticing you, but you can't do anything with them yet. Am itching to get going with object meshing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 10:28 PM
That's a shame
Yeah I've been using Sims 4 studio and have done a lot of recolours. So TRSW is out of alpha and into beta then? Just hoping for a release soon!