Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 8:41 PM
Default Problems unlocking EA game objects in Sims 4
Hi to everyone! I'm trying to unlock EP02 EA objects in the game. I have serched for the COBJ asn OBJD files for the object i wnat to unlock. Once I extracted these these files from the ClientFullBuild0.package inside the EP02 folder, I added both to a new package file. Later, in the new package file that I have just created, I edit in the COBJ file, the line marked in red in the photos, the line "BuildBuyMode: False" to "BuildBuyMode: True".

After doing that, I save the changes and I copied the file to mods. The game recognise the mod well, but it doesn't appear in the build/buy mode. I noticed one thing, in other mods that unlock EA objects, there are STBL files, and I wanted to know how can I get or calculate the instance ID for the STBL files (there are mods with more than one). I hope you can expain me how can I do this mod. Thank you for helping me.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:06 PM
That looks like a very old version of s4pe. You should better use 0.4.1 for handling COBJ resources from the current game.

Re. making stuff available for Buy/Build: you need to set the "CatalogUnknown3" field (this will be named "DevCategoryFlags" in 0.4.1) to 0x00000080 -- this determines whether or not it shows up in the catalogue. The "Buy/Build" label in the version you have there is either outdated or a leftover from s3pe.

Your object will also need catalogue tags; for steet decoration I guess MiscDeco would be appropriate. Or maybe you have a better idea. Without at least one of the BuyCat tags, the object has nowhere to go in the catalogue (one can still find it by way of a text search but that is not exactly convenient). For more info on COBJ/OBJD see the sticky in this forum (I haven't updated it with the latest bits on COBJ yet but most of that should be self explaining).

Re. how to name an STBL, see the Maxis docs -- hash it from something that includes your user name, then set the first two digits to the locale code you want. Links are also in the sticky in this forum. There's also at least one dedicated STBL editor that ought to make it easier to deal with translations; see the sticky in Tools.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 10:30 PM
I've read the sticky a few of times and there still are three things that i don't understand.
In first place, how and where can i put the catalog tag for the object?

In second place, i noticed that there are a link to an online fnv hash calculator, but it doen't work. I found other online calculator (http://fnvhash.github.io/fnv-calculator-online/) can i use that? Must i use in 64bit option?

And in first place, when i'm going to create the stbl file, i suppose i use the hash code that i generated before as intance id, changing the two first digits as you said. And must i add entries with the code that corresponds with the CatalogNameHash and CatalogDescHash? Followed by the name and the description, obviously.

Thanks for help me.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:24 PM
The catalogue tags are in the COBJ resource. Right now you have an empty list called "CatalogTagList" on your screenshot -- that is where the tags go. Hit "Grid" at the bottom to go to Grid view, where you can edit the data. In the current s4pe the tags are a two-tier selection -- select the BuyCat category (BuyCat_LD I think, in this case) in the left list, then it shows you all the available tags for that category in the right list. Just type "deco" in there, you don't need to scroll all the way.

Instances are usually 64bit, with very few exceptions. You can also use the built-in tool in s4pe (top menu: Tools > FNV hash).

Sounds correct re. the STBL, yes.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:12 AM Last edited by fran89 : 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:26 AM.
I've been searching for the BuyCat category in the Grid view, but it doesn't appears (see screenshot).

And i have another question, why in some mods that unlock objects are STBL files and why in others not are STBL?
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 1:26 AM
ad 1 -- Click on the Expand All button. Then when you click on the line where it says "Tags (Collection: 0x0)", there will be a little button with three dots. Click there.

ad 2 -- Because sometimes the strings already exist, I would assume. But when you have questions on how specific mods work, it is best to ask the creators.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 9:11 AM
But in the"Tags (Collection: 0x0)", i must enter hexadecimal numbers, not text. Should i convert the text into hexadecimal with the built-in nvf tool? For example, "deco" into 0x009D, i know that this number doesn't corresponds with the word.

And how can i search the strings already that exists?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 9:19 AM
Again, please use a current version =) .. that one supports autocomplete. I already posted the link in my first reply. Other than that, if you're keen on using the old one for some reason, the tag list is in S4_03B33DDF_00000000_D89CB9186B79ACB7.xml Tag/TagCategory in /tun. This is also included with the last two s4pe releases if you don't have the XML extracted.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 9:49 AM
Now i am using the new version and i could establish the category, it now appears on the game catalog in build mode. But it appear with the text "**Depuración**".
How can i find the stbl for show the name and description? If it isn't exist, explain me how i can create one.

This objects also have multiple colors to choose, but only appears white, explain me that too, please.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:05 AM
Does "Depuracion" mean something like "Debug"? Then either the items do not have names and you didn't make any, or your strings or STBL resources have incorrect IDs, or you put wrong / nonexistant string IDs in the COBJ. Please read the Maxis docs if you need more info on STBL.

What appears white, the actual object or the colour swatch? If it's the latter, add colours of your choice in the "Colours" list in COBJ. Again, please look in the stickies that I already pointed you at.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:18 AM
Yes, it means debug, i haven't modified the strings IDs on the COBJ file. The instance ID i have put to the STBL file is which i generated with the NFV flah tool. I already know the colour tag in the COBJ file, but i don't know how to convert it to a numeric form and it appears in white the colour swatch.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fran89
The instance ID i have put to the STBL file is which i generated with the NFV flah tool.

Did you remember to set the first two digits to your locale (like it is explained in the Maxis docs)? Please see this sticky: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533094 which also links to their info index. This sticky http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532317 also has a bunch of links to documentation.

Quote: Originally posted by fran89
I already know the colour tag in the COBJ file, but i don't know how to convert it to a numeric form and it appears in white the colour swatch.

I don't understand how you mean that .. if there already is a tag in COBJ you wouldn't need to convert anything. If you mean you know the actual colour you want (say bright red), the format that the game expects for those tags is hexadecimal, AARRGGBB. So bright red (RGB 255, 0, 0) would be 0xFFFF0000, for example. Any reasonable 2d editor should be capable of giving you that colour code.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:25 AM
I'just been fixed the problem with name and description, i forgot to change the locale id.
The only problem that i have just have is with colours.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:29 AM
See post above.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:42 PM
Thank you very much!! Finally i could fis it and get workong the mod