Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 5:43 AM
Default Sp4e
I am not sure what helper I am missing for SP4E. I downloaded the helpers from the SP4E site, went through the instructions in instillation and I am unsure what I am doing wrong.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 6:16 AM
did you extract s4pe using 7zip ? i had this error using WinRAR
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#3 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 7:08 AM
Use Import/Export via helper.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 7:41 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 16th Nov 2014 at 1:47 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4602704, 4602709
@snaitf what do you mean?

@snaitf every time I click on export/import it seems to error with no results
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 8:09 AM
Are you on WinXP by any chance? I had the same problem (I'm told it's a .Net issue), solved it by using the 0.2c executable with the 0.2d wrappers. Haven't had any issues so far.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:12 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 16th Nov 2014 at 1:47 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4602750, 4602752
Plasticbox could you please send me the links so I can try the 0.2c. No, I use windows 8 but at this point I am willing to try anything. I am crying from frustration after reading every forum ; ;

Every time I try to export this is what happens.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosemoondust
Plasticbox could you please send me the links so I can try the 0.2c

The link is always the same no matter what version. https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools/releases

Also, please don't doublepost .. you can edit your posts if you want to add something.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:21 PM
I get the same result as the OP in the new 0.3.a version of s4pe, the Save DDS is missing on _IMG resources, so it isn't possible to do anything with _IMG. I can see the program is working as the RLES or RLE2 (whichever) has been altered to fix that issue, whatever it was, with one of those two.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
#9 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 11:15 PM
Seems your right, sorry about that. I have left Kuree a message, informing him of the problem, and a link to this thread so he can see what's going on himself.
Instructor
#10 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 11:28 PM
Just for reference, the "other persons" screen shared above is mine. I'm not sure what the version title is but all the files inside of it were last modified back in September and I have the RLEExport.helper and RLEImport.helper files as well as some others.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
Just for reference, the "other persons" screen shared above is mine. I'm not sure what the version title is but all the files inside of it were last modified back in September and I have the RLEExport.helper and RLEImport.helper files as well as some others.

@melbrewer367 I have those files but I still cannot get the same options that you have.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 4:01 AM
Which version are you using, and have you tried with an older one?

#13 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 4:09 AM
Ok, Kuree just fixed .3a of s4pe (same version number), just redownload, Export/Import via Helper should work now (on XP as well). - https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools/releases

EDIT: Let us know if it's working for you now.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 4:13 AM
Ah, that was quick =) Thank you!

#15 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Ah, that was quick =) Thank you!

Don't thank me, thank Kuree, I just relayed the message.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 6:45 AM
This is the version that I am using. I still do not get the option for 'save dds'
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 6:48 AM
Yes because it's now "Export/Import via Helper" .

Seems to be working for me now, I only quickly tested with _IMG though.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 7:13 AM
When I use Export/Import via Helper' it is blank
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 7:34 AM
When I use Export/Import via Helper' it is blank

Rosemoondust, I was having the same problem as you. The latest update didn't work for me (no save as dds option and clicking on Export/Import didn't actually do anything), however downloading the 2c version and using it did work. https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools...c/s4pe.0.2.c.7z
Mad Poster
#20 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 8:03 AM
Export/Import Via Helper works fine for me now with the new 0.3.a.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 12:11 PM
@SaudadeSims, by "the latest update" you mean the one with the hotfix is still not working?

Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
@SaudadeSims, by "the latest update" you mean the one with the hotfix is still not working?

Yes, for me, the one with the hotfix isn't working. The "save as dds" isn't there and the import/export with helpers doesn't do anything. I extracted it (the version with the hotfix) with 7zip, as I know unraring it causes issues. As you suggested upthread, I downloaded the earlier 2c version and it allows me to "save as dds." Not sure what my issue is, I'm on a new computer I had built just to run Sims3/Sims4 and I'm running Windows 7.
#23 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 1:36 PM
This is the version that I am using. I still do not get the option for 'save dds'

You need to redownload it, the version # did not change, he just fixed v3a. Make sure you have downloaded it after 11pm last night (est). And it will say Export/Import via Helper, instead of Save DDS.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 5:15 PM
I disabled the default dds menu as it might cause issues for shuffled dds. Though the game can recognize unshuffled one, making it shuffled will increase the compression ratio and also be consistent with EA's format.

I do stuff for fun.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kuree
I disabled the default dds menu as it might cause issues for shuffled dds. Though the game can recognize unshuffled one, making it shuffled will increase the compression ratio and also be consistent with EA's format.

Can you explain what "shuffled dds" is? I don't think anyone on Earth has heard of it before; the term doesn't exist in Sims3 modding, at least I've never heard of it.

I notice that there is a check mark to the left for selecting it, but it is off by default. Do we want to turn this on when saving an image?

Page 1 of 2