Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 7:16 PM
Default Fade Issue with Recolors
When I make custom recolors in the sims 4 studio and it gets in game the object IS recolored, however if you zoom out more then a few inches it reverts back to lookin like it's original picture, unless im zoomed way up on close of the recolor you don't see what I made . I am workin on getting two pictures to show what I mean but I figure if this was a common issue/mistake I am making then maybe someone could clear it up for me and let me know what I am doin wrong or how i can fix it. I have made a couple recolors that do NOT do this and to my knowledge I didn't make them differently so it's kind of frustrating. Any help would be great, thank you.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 7:52 PM
Moving to Create (Help is for game help). What sort of recolours do you mean, are these CAS parts or objects? It sounds like you either didn't generate mipmaps when you saved your texture, or forgot to edit the lower LODs if you edited the mesh.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 7:57 PM
They are objects mostly posters, pictures and a bed recolor did this too. I don't mess with meshing and I don't even know what a LOD is haha. The ones that worked I didnt do anything special too and they were my first tries now all of a sudden its giving me this issue, it makes it impossible to take a full shot of the room because if i zoom out all i see is the original recolor of the object instead of mine, if you are zoomed in or out in the right way you can see both my recolor and the original at the same time like they are overlayed on each other.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 8:08 PM
Sounds like mipmaps. When you save/export your texture pay attention to the settings .. make sure that "Generate Mipmaps" (or similar) is ticked. Moving on to Objects, as well.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.