Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 5:55 PM
can the waterfall for the pool to be modified?
In Sims 4 Wellness Package there are waterfalls of the fountain, now I wanted to use these waterfalls in a pool area as a passageway between the inner and outdoor pools, unfortunately can not swim through the waterfall a Sim.
Is there a way to modify the waterfalls so that they can be placed without "Move Object cheat" in the pool and not be an obstacle for the Sims?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 7:30 PM
Try giving them a rug footprint? 0xD382BF57-0x00000000-0x30008694ECF42200 would be a 1x1 one (from some underwater turtle decal).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 7:42 PM
Hello plasticbox,
thanks for the tip, it would be my first mod, what tools I need so I can implement my request?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:29 PM
I don't have the wellness stuff so I can't tell you much about what/where they are. You should be able to clone the entire objects with TSRW or S4S, but you only need to modify one resource, so you can also copy just that resource from the game files with s4pe, save it into your own package, and then change the footprint resources in that package. See the sticky in Tools for links where to download those.

Do you know what the in-game names are of these objects? If yes (or if not, start the game and look them up) then you can

* Open Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\Strings_ENG_US.package in s4pe -- that's the strings the game is using for the interface (like in-game names)
* Copy the entire preview (right hand window) into your favourite text editor and search for that in-game name (say "Tiny Waterfall") - that should give you a result like "0x1BB53FD1: Tiny Waterfall"
* Open Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 4\SPXX\ClientFullBuild0.package in s4pe
* Top menu > Search: paste that 0x1BB53FD1 number in there and hit "Search" (you can tick "Enable Filter" and type "COBJ" in that box to make the search faster .. but I don't think the stuffpack is very large), when it shows you a result in the box below click on that and hit "Go To"
* Sort the left hand list by Instance if it isn't already (click on "Instance" at the top of the list") and select the OBJD with the same instance number as the COBJ you found, rightclick > Copy, File > New, rightclick > Paste

Then click "Grid" at the bottom of that window and "Expand All" in the window that opens. The last entry there is the footprint reference (i.e. what footprint it will use) -- C+P the number from my post above in the Instance field, hit "Commit", save your package in Mods and see if that works for you. You need to close the game file packages before you start the game, otherwise it can't access them and will whine that something is broken.

^^ Where it says "SPXX" above, that would be the number of that stuffpack .. just try the largest one if you have more than one SP folder in there. I don't know what it is since I don't have that.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 10:12 AM
Thanks for the instructions, I have now modified the first waterfall.
when I'm done with the other waterfalls I'll share the result here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:09 PM
Hello plasticbox,

I have modified and tested all Spa Day waterfalls of the category "Fountain" by your proposal.
the mod I'd like to share, unfortunately, I have found no way my mod upload.
Do I have permission to upload the mods?
How do I upload a mod?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:35 PM
Uploads are in the top menu > Create > Upload Items. Make sure you read the Creator Guidelines first.