Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:20 PM
Default BSoD issue, which I think is resolved, I just need ot make sure
For a year now I've been getting BSoD, mostly when playing Sims 3, which as we all know is frigging extensive on the CPU either way. ANYWAYS

Civilization 5 also did it, but a lot less often. Sims 2 hanged but no BSoD, just.. hanged.

So... I've been dying to figure out what's causing it. BlueViewer gave nothing except pointing to nskrnl or whatever( that kernel thingy)

Until today, somesite referred to checking the Errors in the Event Viewer.. to my surprise and horror, I saw this

"A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Component: AMD Northbridge
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
Processor ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information."

Is this as obvious as it seems? Because if yes, then.. great.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 5:11 AM
I think it means your CPU can't keep up. Best place to ask in my opinion would be the BSOD section of sevenforums.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 5:35 PM
That error appears to point to some motherboard issues. Is this a pre-built system or a self-built? If pre-built, is it still under warranty? Is it overclocked? Are the voltages settings tweaked or at defaults?
You've lived with this BSOD for a year?!? What troubleshooting have you attempted? So, we don't go over the same grounds...unless you do want to start troubleshooting with a fresh eye, that is.

And what sort of specs are talking about, can you post it? Game Help:System Specswiki

It is always with the same BSOD code? What is it?
Event viewer reports the same "Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error" each time it crashes?
At what point does it crash? Randomly? Or, when doing the same exact specific action each time. If so, what is it (while in game or out of it)? Does it crash when watching videos? Using the web browser, normal day-to-day word-processing and the like? Or, only when using the GPU and thus CPU extensively?