Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 2:00 PM
Anyone know of a way to bypass Origin in order to play the disc version of ME3?
I bought Mass effect 3 on release day and I also bought all the DLC and in the past Origin has never given me any real trouble except for a two week period when EA used it to lock me out of my game. Now I know this is a long post so I will just come straight out and ask, is there any way to bypass Origin and launch this game so DLC will work with it? I have been looking around the web for almost two weeks now and can't find a way. I am not asking this so I can play a pirated copy or anything like that, I don't approve of that sort of thing, I am only asking because Origin is locking me out of the game that with DLC I paid around $150 for.

If you are interested let me explain how Origin is doing this and why I need a bypass. You see I live out in the country and moving is not an option also I could only afford a desktop computer after a couple of years of saving so taking my computer into the local library or other place with Wifi is not an option, for the past 14 the highspeed lines have been just one mile down the road and satilite based internet is something we have tried but it cost way too much and it was knocked out every time the wind picked up, not to mention the company we tried(Hughesnet)knocked our speed down to 1kps every time we used more then one hundred megabytes of data a day. So the only real option for internet is dial up, now that works fine most of the time as long as you are willing to wait for long downloads to complete and I will give EA credit for this, Origin has never given me any real trouble before. As long as I am willing to take two or three months to download a file, it has always let me buy new games and DLC and download and register them, and it always detects my internet connection. Except for this one thing, Origin now needs to update it's self before it will let me play any of the games I have bought and it will not let me play my disc based version of Mass Effect 3 with any of the DLC until I update it. This means that a good chunck of the game is missing and no HEMOD. Now the update is only 91MBs in size so it is hardly the largest thing I have ever downloaded and I am willing to wait but I have been trying for almost two weeks and every single time the updater(and this update has to be downloaded through the updater, I tried finding the whole of this update elsewhere online so I could download it with download them all, but no such luck, the only downloads online are the base program that needs to be updated)will either not see my internet connection at all or download the first 5MBs or so and then tell me that my connection is too slow and give up. I have tried everything to get this working but since playing single player with DLC or playing any game I downloaded requires being online the first time you start a new game so it can check to make sure I am using a copy of the game I paid for, I am stuck. Sorry this post is so long winded but I wanted to explain in detail what the situation was so people wouldn't give me advice I have already found online.

If you know of a way to get past origin in order to launch Mass Effect 3 and have the DLC work, I would grateful for the help, because so far I have come up with a big fat goose egg in my search.

Thank you for your time.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 10:51 PM
Sorry, I know your pain. I have Hughesnet also. You'll have to do what I do and bring your computer to town to get all the updates you need. You can also complain to EA about it to see what option they have.

You may as well forget about any multiplayer or online games. The latency will get you killed every time and you will exceed your user allowance very quickly.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Sorry, I know your pain. I have Hughesnet also. You'll have to do what I do and bring your computer to town to get all the updates you need. You can also complain to EA about it to see what option they have.

You may as well forget about any multiplayer or online games. The latency will get you killed every time and you will exceed your user allowance very quickly.

Yeah, sorry I didn't reply sooner but I have been having a hard time with life in general lately.

I finally found that if i just kept trying to sign into origin it would glitch and I was able to get it set to offline mode and find a setting that stopped it from looking for updates, and if I start games and then connect to the internet it lets them start and use DLC without Origin looking for updates. You just have to keep trying to sign in over and over again until it glitches, it took me three days but it worked in the end.

I like the country but sometime being stuck one mile from the highspeed lines gets on my nerves in the modern world. Thanks for the advise, nice to know I am not the only person in the world with this problem The most insane thing is that the nearest road that has highspeed lines for cable only has two houses on it while the road I am one has just over two dozen, you would think the local cable company would see that there is money to be made on this street but after fifteen years at the same address I have resigned myself to the fact that the lines will never move an inch closer. Even if they relocated the white house to my road, i swear the cable company would still refuse to sting a line down here because they have something personal against the people who live on this road

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.