Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 6:19 AM
Default Sims 3 + 9 expansion packs and 1.5 gb of CC, how much RAM should I have? Game lags.
I hope I put this in the right spot! As the title says, I have 9 EPs and a whole boatload of mods/custom content, none that I want to part with. My game is super laggy and takes forever to load, so I'm wondering if it's a "not enough RAM" issue. My specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 cpu @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Approx. Total Memory 8133 MB)

My graphics settings are at Medium on most things, and I frequently clear out my cache files. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Icon made by me!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 10:10 AM
Your computer specs are fine. I don't think you need to upgrade the CPU/RAM/GPU. What hard drive are you using though? I used to run the Sims 3 on a weaker PC than that and didn't have problems. What kind of fps are you getting when you say that it lags?

An SSD will make difference in load times. The more CC you have, the more of a difference it'll make.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 4:31 AM
I have a 1 TB HDD, not an SSD. I don't know my actual fps, but it kind of freezes for a second a couple times in about a minute and it'll freeze for several seconds sometimes. I'll look into an ssd.

Icon made by me!
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nbalchemist
I have a 1 TB HDD, not an SSD. I don't know my actual fps, but it kind of freezes for a second a couple times in about a minute and it'll freeze for several seconds sometimes. I'll look into an ssd.

You can download fraps and run when gaming to look at your fps.

If your fps is consistently low then that probably means there's a driver problem.

If it fluctuates then either your hard drive can't keep up (and an SSD would help) or there's faulty CC or some other bug.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 12:58 AM
I've merged a bunch of CC and it's running smoother!

Icon made by me!