Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 2:54 AM
Default Brand New
Are there any other Brand New fans out there? Surely there are... Brand New is an amazing band that is constantly able to reinvent itself. Although they started with clever pop-punk, they've since matured into dark, conceptual rock. I think my favorite songs are The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot (the bridge lyrics are simply amazing... Jesse Lacey's best, most sincere vocal to date), Play Crack the Sky, Limousine, Sowing Season, and The No Seatbelt Song. But what about you? Favorite song, favorite album, favorite lyrics? Discuss :D!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 1:36 PM
You know how I feel about this band. :P

Favorite song... The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot. But honestly, I don't think there's a BN song I don't love.

Favorite album... Deja Entendu, definitely. I'm ashamed to say I don't own the newest, but I have the first two. That just reminded me to download it later.

Favorite lyrics... definitely the bridge from The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot. I'm getting a tattoo of those lyrics, probably somewhere on my back.

Jesse seems sad. You kinda wanna take him in and take care of him. He's like a sad puppy. The songs sound so angry sometimes, but they're not loud. It seems like the angriest are usually the quietest... which is much better, in my opinion, then loud angry songs.

I'll definitely be posting here a lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 6:24 PM
A band right up my alley!

-The Quiet Things That No One Knows
-Seventy Times 7
-No Seat Belt Song
-Mix Tape
-Sudden Death in Carolina

Lyrics:
No Seatbelt Song-
It's only you, beautiful.
Or don't want anyone.
If I can choose, it's only you.
But how could I miscalculate... perfect eyes will have perfect aim.
If I can choose, it's only you.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 7:57 PM
I like them, although I don't know too many of their songs. My favorite is definitely "Limousine".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 9:48 PM
I think Deja Entendu is the best album, too, although I love The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me. Deja Entendu (which literally means 'heard before' in French) is clever and unique, but it has more of a beat and less of a conceptual approach. The songs on Your Favorite Weapon aren't bad, but they're just a little too cookie cutter and uppy for my taste. Limousine is an amazing song- the entire album is just chilling. I agree with the statement that Jesse is always sad, though. You'll notice that there's always something wrong in his life... girl trouble, crisis of faith, growing up, etc. The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot is definitely my favorite song and lyrics, but the acoustic version is pretty good, too. The 'you are the smell before rain, you are the blood in my veins' part makes me melt every time.

I'm hoping for a new album soon... Devil & God is from 2006, so they should at least have the songs written for the next one. What's taking you so long, Jesse?

Alchemist
#6 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 9:58 PM
The thing about BN that scares me, is I always feel like the album that comes out will always be the last. They're just iffy like that.

Am I the only one that jumps about a foot in the air at the end of "Luca"? I love that song, and even though I know it's coming, I still get the crap scared out of me at the end.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 10:02 PM
That happens to me when I have BN playing while I get absorbed in something else. Every time it comes back, I get scared out of my skin . I can see why you might be worried about the band failing, though. They kind of had to claw their way into the industry, and because their fan base is so small (though very dedicated) and the time between their albums is so long, they could easily fade away. They're coming to Indianapolis this September, which is close to me... I reeeeally wanna go :D.

Alchemist
#8 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 10:08 PM
They came to Philly a couple years ago. I was gonna go with my brother in law's niece, who's only a year younger than me, but the plans fell through and I didn't get to go.

I was so bummed, it's one of my goals in life to see them live.