Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
So I decided to fiddle with the debug cheat and spawned sim modder for one of my sims, Stevie. Now I saw that there was this "Power" aspriation. Now has this always been there, or is it something "new"? I've never seen it until now, with FreeTime.

ETA: Right now, when I clicked it and set it for him, the icon for the aspiration was blank. So this may be in development...

If you had of done a quick search, you would have found all the info you need about the Power aspiration.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 10:27 PM
Uh, that post you're responding to is over four years old now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 10:41 PM
I loved those trailers. I always wanted a toddler with a baseball bat and aliens with probes to turn up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#29 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Uh, that post you're responding to is over four years old now.

Lmao, oh. <:
Mad Poster
#30 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 2:59 AM
I was looking around in the Wiki and came across:

Quote:
Also, if accessed via the Sim Modder, it does not appear to have an icon, which is another indication that it's unfinished. Oddly enough, Ron Condor appears to have this aspiration and nothing else!

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Power_%28aspiration%29
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ron_Condor

I think that sims with this aspiration should roll wants about having babies frequently, to pass on a heritage or family name.
Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 7:55 AM
Ok, I'm late for this thread 2 years, it's just was in development, but if it was really in development how Julius Caesar, Santa Claus, Ron Condor and more sims have that ASP?
Theorist
#32 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:19 AM
Um, because they are broken sims that were never meant to be complete or played with and whose programming was abandoned? And because not all of them are from actual TS2?

A better question is why was this thread necro'd at all? Mods, could it be locked, perhaps?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#33 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 12:36 PM
*Well, since this thread got revived, I might as well...*

I wish there was a way we could fix the aspiration up, but then another problem would arise, which is: how to get it to appear in CAS or as a Secondary aspiration?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#34 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
*Well, since this thread got revived, I might as well...*

I wish there was a way we could fix the aspiration up, but then another problem would arise, which is: how to get it to appear in CAS or as a Secondary aspiration?

Yes, it's a nice idea. I thought there was also a creative aspiration (though maybe I'm confusing that with the console version of the game). I would like it too but I think it's likely to have been done by now if it were possible.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 2:23 PM
I think it's pretty pointless. It's been stated that it was a hybrid of fortune and popularity, anyway, so that's easy enough to recreate with secondary aspirations.

If it had been something else in its own right, then that would have been cool but I find that unlikely.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#36 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yes, it's a nice idea. I thought there was also a creative aspiration (though maybe I'm confusing that with the console version of the game). I would like it too but I think it's likely to have been done by now if it were possible.

There is a Creativity aspiration in the console version and there was also supposed to be one for the PC, but that they didn't even start implementing it, it was just an idea.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I think it's pretty pointless. It's been stated that it was a hybrid of fortune and popularity, anyway, so that's easy enough to recreate with secondary aspirations.

If it had been something else in its own right, then that would have been cool but I find that unlikely.

Yeah I agree. Just making a sim Fortune/Popularity or Popularity/Fortune Aspiration by using secondary aspirations apparently will lead to the same result, making it pointless. If it was something else though that woulda been cool.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 5:49 PM
I genuinely like the pre-release content EAxis left out, aspirations included. The game is great as it is of course but I think there's this magic to the unused hairstyles etc, probably because I'll never get my hands on them The Fame -aspiration especially (seen in the Youtube link on page #1) seems interesting because I'm a big fan of The Sims 1 and the Superstar -expansion pack. Shame it never made it into the game.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 5:55 PM
TS2 truly is a great game, littlejestersims. And, TBH, now that I think about it; since we have the Fortune/Popularity aspiration, we kinda don't really need the Power Aspiration, however, it would nice if let's say we have a sims with either Fortune or Popularity as his primary, and if he chooses the other as his secondary, his aspiration would automatically be set as Power.

Summary:

Primary: Fortune or Popularity + Secondary: Popularity or Fortune respectively = Power Aspiration (as primary I guess).

ETA: Primary: Family + Secondary: Grilled Cheese (cooking has the element of creativity) = Creativity Aspiration.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:38 PM
Well, I spent the last four hours O_O typing up these two lists of what I see as the full 49 aspirations in the game. It's backwards because it's tumblr, of course. But the second post has the descriptions of each "combined" aspiration and the first post has the LTWs I would consider fitting for that aspiration combination. Hopefully somebody appreciates it, because it took me a long time!

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/simsfreq

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 2 of 2