Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:42 PM
Default Expansion packs
Are they ever going to make any expansion packs for this game?

I would LOVE them to DEATH if they did when that overhauls... something. Like kids, so we can have dynasties of monarchs!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:07 PM
It would be good, there could be downloadable content like add-ons as Maxis do however I wouldn't expect an expansion pack as this is, after all, a standalone game. Like The Sims 2 Life Stories etc. However, that is only so far.
A look at their trailer revealed that is is a brand new "Base Game" you know what that means...
They are sure to build upon this "Base" eventually, but right now they are busy with 2 other Sims 3 Expansion Packs (That's Unleashed and Generations).
Wow... That was informative, and I don't even own nor like Sims 3! X3
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:28 PM
I also thought, since they called it a base game that they intend on growing it. But, who knows. I'm enjoying the game though.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:37 PM
Hm... Now what kind of expansions could you add to a game? Because an expansion basically adds a theme, but theme can you expand onto with Medievil? Maybe there would just be Stuff Packs...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:48 PM
MOAR QUESTS. Plus a new object or two.

That's obviously what any expansion will be about.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:57 PM
Maybe they could add new worlds for us to build kingdoms in? That would be neat. Variety is awesome.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrivialSim
Hm... Now what kind of expansions could you add to a game? Because an expansion basically adds a theme, but theme can you expand onto with Medievil? Maybe there would just be Stuff Packs...

Could be new locations, new quests, new objects, clothes, characters, maybe improve the gameplay.
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:07 PM
Have just read on a french site that there will be a first ep near end of the year.Of course, its not sure, its just what I have read and I don't know where they got this info.Maybe its true,maybe its a rumor...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:25 PM
Probably all-new... things! I dunno, don't have Sims 3 or Medieval, just interested in this thread XD
I don't know if they can already have pets? Or maybe a "creature" can be added - IE a witch, or vampire or something relevant to them times, no?
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:43 PM
Well I really hope the first thing they bring in is kids being able to grow up and take over their parent's jobs if they die and such, and proper family making, right now the "Love Family" trait is one of the most pointless traits since you can only have spouses and kids as far as family goes.

That long quest for your monarch to get a suitor/sperm donor/surrogate mother/whatever and get their fertility kicked up on drugs so they can produce an heir is also an epic and pointless waste of time. Why would they even put that quest in the game if the kid can't actually inherit the throne if the monarch dies? Ugh.

I wanted to roleplay Henry VIII...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:53 PM
There's three routes EA could go:

The Obvious: Evil Ruler Expansion, Good Monarch Expansion, Monster Slayer (with dragons, orcs and haveyounot)
The Cheap: anything that has to do with DLCs, like Questpacks, Equipment Packs etc
The Perfect: Dynasties, Aging, Quests, Wars, more dynamic gameplay

Hint: I favor a combination of 1 and 3...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:54 PM Last edited by TrivialSim : 25th Mar 2011 at 5:56 PM. Reason: I don't think people would appreciate gays in royal time, y'know...
That would be a good idea, REAL royalty, being born into certain jobs, you could be born to be the prince soon to be the king, whilst them down the road were born into this farming lifestyle, and has no presumable hope of ever being wealthy. But then love could spark between the farmer and the prince, and then OMG drama!!

**This is assuming the farmer is a girl - lol I just re-read it :P
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:57 PM
Is it wrong that I'm more interested in an EP for TS3 that incorporates the gorgeous new create-a-sim from TSM?

But on-topic I think what's more likely is the EA store. More throne rooms. More clothes. More hairs. The genie lamp wishes might be hints or they might be nothing. But I'd love it if we could build dynasties with aging, and more minigames (like the doctor's leeches/medicine table 'game').
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuber101
Is it wrong that I'm more interested in an EP for TS3 that incorporates the gorgeous new create-a-sim from TSM?

Yes. Utterly, utterly wrong. :p

I don't think they will ever make the TS3 Sims look more like the TSM ones, because it's a different art style. But I'd like them to incorporate a few of the facial sliders that TSM has, as well as the idea of having sliders for things like age detail.

On topic, I wouldn't be suprised if they expanded out towards other kingdoms in EPs, much like you go to visit new worlds in World Adventures. It'd be a perfect opportunity to explore the rest of that medieval world.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 8:56 PM
Well they would add traits, clothing, furniture, quests, patterns, and maybe new foods or drinks. Yeah visiting other places would be kind of cool.
Instructor
#16 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:31 AM
Regarding expansions, if this game sells well enough then it'll warrant expansions regardless. I think the Sims Life Stories and Castaway were smaller titles made with less resources, no where near the level of origionality as TSM, TSM will likely stand on it's own. It's been getting pretty good reviews and feedback so they probably will be adding more content to it.

I'd also like to see more done with children aging, a few more professions (like farmer, rogue/bandit), more customizability, a worldbuilder, more Kingdoms, more quests, skins, clothes, skills, more items, and a better inventory system. That'd be great!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 2:35 PM
Well I just ordered the game, And by reading this I think ye ole expansion packs with different kingdoms would be great, Say pit one Kingdom against another,, Crusades here we come!
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:09 PM
Expansions would rock, people... I guess we just have to pray.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:25 PM
I absolutely love this game but there is definitely room for improvement. I would like a sort of World Adventures type expansion that allowed you to explore more areas but what imo this game need more than anything is antagonism. This is the medieval era!!! Whats the point of implementing all these ways to kill (poison/duels/pit monster/plague(I think)) when all the AI ever does is try to be your best friend. lol Maybe im doing it wrong
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TrivialSim

EA said that they were planning on expanding on this game, so expect expansion packs. And they could add new quests, new stuff, a new profession/hero, new maps, new building layouts, horses hopefully (cars;sims 2 nighlife - horses;sims medieval expansion pack), new aspirations, new social options, new basic gameplay, new "modes" to play with your sims in (they could make this current quest thing a "mode" and make add a new "Medieval Life" mode, idk... just modes that let you play in different ways.) the list goes on. There's a lot that they could add on to the game.
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
Regarding expansions, if this game sells well enough then it'll warrant expansions regardless. I think the Sims Life Stories and Castaway were smaller titles made with less resources, no where near the level of origionality as TSM, TSM will likely stand on it's own. It's been getting pretty good reviews and feedback so they probably will be adding more content to it.

I'd also like to see more done with children aging, a few more professions (like farmer, rogue/bandit), more customizability, a worldbuilder, more Kingdoms, more quests, skins, clothes, skills, more items, and a better inventory system. That'd be great!

Agreed! I think it would be cool for them to add something to do with peasants. Also it would be cool if they implemented something that would let you play with a peasant or one of the hero's the way you were able to play in the sims 1-3.