Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 7:46 PM
I have 11.82gb worth of mods, my mac has about 120gb so it usually works just fine, with my sims 4 game being 10gb plus some other stuff plus the 11.82gb of mods I have 10.92gb left.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
My Mods folder is almost 6Go (5.75 to be exact :p). The game takes a couple of minutes to even start. At first, I thought the game was bugged (you know, like, sometimes your programm doesn't start and you have to manually stop it ?) but nah. I click on the game. Nothing happens for a couple of minutes, then the game starts. I get the intro, then The Sims 4 appears and it freezes for like 2 minutes (the plumbob isn't moving) - but it's actually not freezed, it's like, loading... THEN I get the actual loading screen that lasts like 10 seconds. Then it takes like 45 seconds to load my house (it's a house/family I've just created, so I don't know if it'll take longer after a while playing it). But the plumbob is acting funky. Like, it can freeze then BOOOOOOUM it goes crazy fast xD then normal... Kind of weird.

same, but my CAS and households/lots load up very quickly. lets not forget the screenshots folder, if there's too many pics it can affect your game.
Scholar
#53 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 1:24 PM
I cleaned out my mods folder, and only downloaded stuff that I use and that I think is important, and I'm currently under 5gb. It will most likely get bigger over time, but I think I'll be able to keep it quite slim in comparison. Everything runs smoothly.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Field Researcher
#54 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:39 PM
2.92 GB and yeah my sims are frozen then boom start moving fast. I have 620 files and 7 folders.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Mad Poster
#55 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 12:12 AM
Including CC, it's 7.05 GB. Without CC, it's around 40 MB. My game likes to pick and choose the days where it wants to run smoothly.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are you people insane? I've been playing Sims 3 for years and it only has 700 mb of mods+cc. Sims 4? Maybe a few megs. With 3.7-4.79 GB of mods/cc, no wonder there are constantly game problems in the help forum. Reminds me of my Sims 2, it has at least 2 GB of mods+cc, glitchy as hell.

In my defense, everything I have is totally essential XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#56 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 7:00 PM
2 minutes is slow? Really? Because I play 2 as well and it's a 10-15 minute load time and that's fast as hell considering the nearly 25gb of cc I have in it.

I have around 5gb in 4 and barely even notice the load time.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:10 PM
2,595 files, 5.26 GB. The main loading screen is roughly 3-5 minutes, sometimes longer. I have Windows 10 btw.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:56 PM Last edited by Mudstep : 4th Feb 2018 at 10:11 PM.
8 gigs, over 1,577 files, and my game works just fine. Some lag when opening build mode, but that's mostly it. My load time is only a few seconds, so the game does surprisingly well.
Test Subject
#59 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:16 AM
I've had over 26 Gb for sims 3, and only 2.70 Gb (currently) for sims 4. Man, It was lagging sooo much on sims 3, like I couldn't stand playing it anymore, with like crash in every half or an hour of live mode gameplay. But for sims 4 the performance drop isn't significant. As long as the mods are still patch compatible or not conflicting, the game runs well and stable with reasonable amount or impact of mods installed.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 2:22 PM
21 GB currently, used to be double of that but I did several cleanses to reach this point XD
It takes 4 minutes to load to the house now but afterward everything is fine, no lag no crash or freeze, SSD probably helped a lot. I merge almost everything except for MCC and other script files. It would take 2 minutes longer unmerged. Like everyone else who could do laundry and cook a dinner during the insane loading and saving of TS3, I feel like TS4 is a breeze.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:07 AM
I'm at 5.05 gigs, and my game does tend to lag, but I have a feeling it's my laptop. It's not really the best computer for gaming, but it's what I have at the moment so I have to grit my teeth through the long loading screens and in-game lag until I can afford something better

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Test Subject
#62 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:38 PM
Currently 5.92. This isn't even as big as it's been. I just clean it out biweekly.
Test Subject
#63 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:44 AM
Ive been up near 17gb and other than it taking a while to actually get into game, once I was in it didn't really effect anything. I have an ASUS Gaming laptop that has been a dream. I play on Ultra and its so pretty! I have cleaned out A LOT though recently and am down to about 12gb. Since i love doing requests but hate linking CC, I have cleaned out all my build/buy to only be from creators who allow me to share items with my builds. I still always link to sites and give credit to the creators, but it makes it so much easier than linking to each individual item.

Do you guys have more Build/buy, CAS or Mods for CC?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:56 AM
I have 37GB of custom content.
Page 3 of 3