Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5426 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:21 PM
hahahahaha
no, they aren't fixing it. I wonder how many people are actually paying them?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Inventor
#5427 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:24 PM
I seem to be having problems with the default BG changing table. I'm doing a 50/50 when I have some spare time, but it seems that none of the pad recolors will work on it, yet those same recolors will apply to other changing tables just fine.

Am I just imagining things? I know that Michelle has a pad recolor work-around, yet I vaguely remember being able to change the color without it... Did I enter the Twilight Zone again?

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Has Photobucket's error on pictures always said third party hosting has been temporarily disabled or has it changed? Was wondering if they'd come to their senses and were fixing it.

It's changed. It used to say, "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting," and now it says, "3rd party hosting has been temporarily disabled." The first one also said that if I wanted important info, I had to visit the site for a certain amount, which I didn't understand at the time - do I pay to visit the site? It currently says to unlock my account I should visit and pay $$$, which still doesn't make sense if you're just trying to view someone else's pictures.
Mad Poster
#5428 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I seem to be having problems with the default BG changing table. I'm doing a 50/50 when I have some spare time, but it seems that none of the pad recolors will work on it, yet those same recolors will apply to other changing tables just fine.

Am I just imagining things? I know that Michelle has a pad recolor work-around, yet I vaguely remember being able to change the color without it... Did I enter the Twilight Zone again?

According to the CEP Documentation's objects list, that BG changing table only has the *table* recolorable. I am sorry about your imagination. :/
The Kinder Kontainer crib though, has both *frame* & *bedding*

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#5429 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:40 PM
I've been so used to several other changing tables that I forgot that bit. Whoops. Thanks, Rosebine.
Mad Poster
#5430 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 12:01 AM
I'm driving to town to pick up the boy--who has been doing Romeo and Juliet in school, it's a 20 minute drive--and I think, what if all those idiots just had applied some common sense? (Of course, would wreck a perfectly drama-filled play, but . . .) So Patrizio Monty dies, and Consort and Antonio, under Isabella's influence, decide they're going to bury the hatchet, and the family members are going to just have to deal. Obviously this only works in an historical Veronaville, where Consort and Antonio have the ability to make sims marry. (The hacked wedding arch, of course.)

Antonio marries Juliet. Kent marries Bianca. Mercutio marries Hermia. Romeo marries Miranda. Tybalt marries Beatrice. Benedick marries Desdemona. Hal and Ariel are the only kids not involved. Obviously Beatrice is too young to be married, but she can live with Kent, Bianca and Tybalt until she's old enough. Desdemona and Benedick likewise, but Desdemona can live in Antonio and Juliet's household until they're older. Can anyone work out this mess and be happy, or is everyone doomed to misery? Antonio: "Listen, I don't care what you feel for my nephew, you will behave as a proper wife." Juliet: considers the merits of teaching Desdemona to hate Benedick in revenge.

Dang it, brain, I don't have enough time to play this. At. All. Brain? Do you hear me? Knock it off!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#5431 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:04 AM
You wouldn't even need arranged marriage to just...you know, have people stop being ridiculous and just behave decently. But yes, what fun would that be in a play or a game? :P
Mad Poster
#5432 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I'm driving to town to pick up the boy--who has been doing Romeo and Juliet in school, it's a 20 minute drive--and I think, what if all those idiots just had applied some common sense? (Of course, would wreck a perfectly drama-filled play, but . . .) So Patrizio Monty dies, and Consort and Antonio, under Isabella's influence, decide they're going to bury the hatchet, and the family members are going to just have to deal. Obviously this only works in an historical Veronaville, where Consort and Antonio have the ability to make sims marry. (The hacked wedding arch, of course.)

Antonio marries Juliet. Kent marries Bianca. Mercutio marries Hermia. Romeo marries Miranda. Tybalt marries Beatrice. Benedick marries Desdemona. Hal and Ariel are the only kids not involved. Obviously Beatrice is too young to be married, but she can live with Kent, Bianca and Tybalt until she's old enough. Desdemona and Benedick likewise, but Desdemona can live in Antonio and Juliet's household until they're older. Can anyone work out this mess and be happy, or is everyone doomed to misery? Antonio: "Listen, I don't care what you feel for my nephew, you will behave as a proper wife." Juliet: considers the merits of teaching Desdemona to hate Benedick in revenge.

Dang it, brain, I don't have enough time to play this. At. All. Brain? Do you hear me? Knock it off!

If you're going to bury the hatchet, then why not let Romeo marry Juliet? Otherwise you still have a tragedy when they want to be together, but are still forced to be apart.
Mad Poster
#5433 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
If you're going to bury the hatchet, then why not let Romeo marry Juliet? Otherwise you still have a tragedy when they want to be together, but are still forced to be apart.

Ah, but who's burying the hatchet, and what do they know? Romeo and Juliet are supposed to be secret, after all! It only makes sense to match the families by age, and since the kids kept their secret . . .

Seriously, the whole play could've been short-circuited by Romeo going to his family head and saying "Sir, I'm willing to marry Juliet Capulet to put an end to the feud."

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#5434 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Seriously, the whole play could've been short-circuited by Romeo going to his family head and saying "Sir, I'm willing to marry Juliet Capulet to put an end to the feud."

That would have required Lord Montague to be a reasonable person, but I always got the feeling his response to that would be to laugh in Romeo's face and say, "End the feud?! The only acceptable end would be every Capulet dead!"
Inventor
#5435 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:56 AM
I usually headcanon it as Olive approaching Lyla when the latter was at a loss what to do, crying alone on the sidewalk. It wasn't like she knew what else to do - her family has never been the loving sort and they considered her arranged political marriage to Gen. Buzz as a last ditch effort to get some use out of her. That's not even mentioning how she was kept under his thumb the whole time they were together, playing the role of a devoted wife and mother that she never wanted to be.

Olive was sympathetic and allowed her to stay over for the night, but Lyla just had to reveal that she was Gen. Buzz's ex-wife and it triggered Olive's desperation for some answers to Nervous's kidnapping. It was an involuntary manslaughter that Olive deeply regretted.

In my game, Olive typically autonomously becomes close friends with Buck for some reason, so I figured that she's trying to make it up to her somehow, given how the game implies that he strongly resembles Lyla. She tries to give Ripp love advice but I'm not sure what good came out of that.

I like the idea that the Grunts have no idea what happened to Lyla, but Olive of all people is on her side and is watching over her children for her, even if her twisted sense of the right thing to do is torture Gen. Buzz after getting some answers and forcing him to make things right with them.

Maybe I should've placed this in the Random Headcanons for Premades thread...
Theorist
#5436 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:40 PM
How bad is it that I want to play my game instead of doing housework.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5437 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
How bad is it that I want to play my game instead of doing housework.

I thought everybody did that?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#5438 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:08 PM
if tara kat absolutely needed a father does anyone think brad burb could be her father?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#5439 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
It really irks me that Maxis killed off Lyla... I wish that they would've just moved her into the family bin. This is almost implied in the storytelling images, so why did she end up in Olive's yard? Gosh!

That woman apparently abandoned all three of her children with a guy like General Grunt, she got what was coming to her...
Scholar
#5440 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:34 PM
but being a romance sim it's unlikely she wanted any kids;and since she had nowhere to go it'd be a bit bad to bring her children with her.

My Tumblr
Theorist
#5441 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
but being a romance sim it's unlikely she wanted any kids;and since she had nowhere to go it'd be a bit bad to bring her children with her.

Actually while they are being apprehensive about birthing children, Romance Sims tend to be pretty involved with any kids they do manage to get past the Toddler stage, and if she didn't want them she shouldn't have spawned any larvae in the first place. Now they were there and her responsibility.

And leaving them with an abusive father who likes to beat up his neighbors (and is a racist) is even worse.
Theorist
#5442 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I thought everybody did that?

Really.
You just made my day.
Scholar
#5443 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
That woman apparently abandoned all three of her children with a guy like General Grunt, she got what was coming to her...

In my hood, Buzz has been jailed for life for murdering Lyla. His memories show that they had a fight and broke up, and she died right afterwards, so it doesn't seem an unreasonable storyline. She just managed to drag herself as far as Olive's house but died of her injuries (Olive is not a murderess in this hood; she's a death doula - she helps 'birth' people into the Otherworld only when their time has come).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5444 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 8:32 PM
Housework is over-rated Essa. I have a friend (an American friend which is unusual for me) who says: one day when you die, you'll be buried in dirt so you better get used to it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#5445 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:33 PM
i have 5 toddlers in a household right now and i've just realised that's why i use cheats

My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#5446 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:07 AM
I once played a household with 9 toddlers (the nine muses) and it was hell Toddlers are my least favorite life stage. I wish I could grill those instead of infants in the omgwtfbbq.
Mad Poster
#5447 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:32 AM
Pideli...Go to your room.

Theorist
#5448 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 2:48 AM
I'm just wondering whether it's good for the longevity of the neighbourhood to kill off and grill baby sims...

The game didn't intend for Sims to be able to die in their larval stages, and even with child ghosts there are some problems...so how does the game deal with the dead babies caused by that mod?
Do they get a gravestone? Does it cause corruption?

I'm confused....

And no, I don't particularly want to try it for myself
Mad Poster
#5449 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I'm just wondering whether it's good for the longevity of the neighbourhood to kill off and grill baby sims...

The game didn't intend for Sims to be able to die in their larval stages, and even with child ghosts there are some problems...so how does the game deal with the dead babies caused by that mod?
Do they get a gravestone? Does it cause corruption?

I'm confused....

And no, I don't particularly want to try it for myself

@Orphalesion
Someone just recently asked about how dangerous or not, this mod was..
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=607265

Top Secret Researcher
#5450 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I hate to say it, but why the hell do people even use such a disgusting mod? I know it's a game, but my God...

You answered the question yourself. But also because it's really funny.
Btw, here's a collection of some of my favorite dead baby jokes: http://www.skrause.org/humor/deadbaby.shtml
Page 218 of 515