Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#226 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:27 PM
Pretty and wonderful entries, all of you! You are really causing me to want to dine out - in fact, I am phoning a friend right now to hear if we can go and eat out tomorrow. I just love the splashes of colour, justJones, it is gorgeous.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#227 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:58 PM
Oh MAN! I was all set for some dim-sim; but now I just gotta have me some chile relleno... mmmm

*ring ring* Sure Petro! I'll meet you there - the first pitcher's on me!

Nice job on that façade, Jones

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#228 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:10 PM
I suddenly want sushi AND quesadillas...it's the middle of the night and no one is open! What a predicament you two put me in gazania and justJones!
I'll just have to settle for whatever's in the kitchen Q U Q hopefully my lone can of pork and beans are still there!

oh and I just dropped by to edit my entry in it's final form u v u
now I'm truly satisfied
Forum Resident
#229 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:57 PM
God I have to build mine tonight it seems
I have to rebuild mine because guessed who lost their data yay

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#230 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:21 PM
Going restaurant crawling with Cat and kanzen then
Instructor
#231 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:26 PM
justJones..I love your diner..

I grew up in the desert and Mexican restaurants and really love how all of these look.. and not just the Mexican restaurants but all of them

OnayaW you better get a move on lol

Justpetro..I will go restaurant crawling with you, Cat and kanzen

Beautiful job everyone..
Helptato
#232 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 9:09 PM
I've got a really tough act to follow with all these awesome entries!! Got to get a wriggle on with decorating the inside of mine!!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Instructor
#233 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 9:24 PM
Sparkly that is why I try and not look at other entries..it wants to make you second guess yourself..and I won't even look at mine now..I will second guess what I have done and go and mess it up royally lol..
Forum Resident
#234 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:09 PM
I builded a restuarant out from a faint memory from the time I was in the US but it's so late now that i rather sleep...

I build small houses *^*
Forum Resident
#235 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:56 AM
I think that as long as you second guess yourself, you can still improve. That way of thinking helps me keep going and going until I don't have any doubts. Once that doubts are gone, then I'm done and satisfied. But that's how I function as a person. Maybe you have a different way broomhilda61. But don't be afraid of the other entries, let them be your strength and be inspired =) It's no wonder how the sims 2 community is still thriving today - I think it's all because we co-inspire one another to keep on growing.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#236 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:05 AM
Lovely job people!

"drools"

now I am hungry!
Instructor
#237 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:37 AM
Thank you kanzen for your words of encouragement..

I'm not afraid of the other entries I am afraid of my own..and I tend to second guess myself even in real life..and thinking outside the box scares the tar out of me ..I'm 56 and until I started playing Sim2 I never thought outside the box..even when I hitched hiked 43 of the lower 48 states, Canada and Alaska I wasn't afraid..and the more I do and learn the better I get from being afraid..it's just going to take me some time to get over that fear..of second guessing myself..

I'm working on it very slowly

I finally have learned somewhat on recoloring..but that is hard as well because I am color blind my world is grey..except for the colors red, brown, black and white..also when you see me say your entry or your cc is stunning and gorgeous..it's not the colors I see it's the placement of where things are at and the CC that was used..I even second guessed recoloring as well..finally after several people told me not to worry about if others will like it..do what I love and if others love it to they will use it..it took me a long time to get over that fear..I love Rustic/Country/Medieval all wrapped in one lol..

I can't wait to see what the other entries look like..omgosh it's a nail bitter when entries get close to the dead line when they are posted
Mad Poster
#238 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:24 AM
Being afraid to do new things is human.
Doing new things while being afraid means putting more effort into those things and deliver a better outcome in the end!
Forum Resident
#239 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:29 AM
So
My local library’s internet doesn’t wanna drive this site so I can’t upload my pictures
That kinda sucks

I build small houses *^*
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#240 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:02 PM
I am assuming you are taking them by USB to the library? Will it let you attach them to an email to yourself and you download to your phone from your email then upload to modyourpanties. You can do that one at a time, if it is too much space at once @OnayaW
Forum Resident
#241 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:09 PM
Default R1 - A Restuarant in the middle of nowhere
I tried to submit before but then it went like...

PICTURES? HA NEVER EXISTED.

Anyway, I took inspirtation from my tour to USA in 2012 where we came across death valley and that and felt over a restuarant in the middle of nowhere. They served really good burgers and we got ice cream there melted faster than we could eat them, but hey, that's properly common in the summer season... It just feels awkward to only be 6 people in the restuarant. 4 costumers and 2 workers... I also got to count a train. 111. The train took like 5+ min to pass and suddenly I could see how the "Train" (A short movie we had in school) could be true...

anyway
My restuarant!

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#242 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:27 PM Last edited by gazania : 13th Feb 2018 at 7:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by broomhilda61
Thank you kanzen for your words of encouragement..

I'm not afraid of the other entries I am afraid of my own..and I tend to second guess myself even in real life..and thinking outside the box scares the tar out of me ..I'm 56 and until I started playing Sim2 I never thought outside the box..

I started playing in my late 40s, so I was a late bloomer as well.

I see the contest this way: It's pretty doubtful I will be on the level of some here. I tend to have a plainer, pretty basic approach to lot building. Gardening is a particular weakness. Most of the times in my RL game, I plop a few plants here and there and that's it! This last lot was probably the most plant-plopping I've done in a while, and even that was pretty simple ... barely any move_objects at all (I used it to place some lights).

So this is my approach: since I seriously doubt I'd get the oohs and aahs that the top people get, I personally challenge myself building the lots. In the Community Spirit contest, I rolled a dice to see which family I'd get. I mess around with sunken foundations, historically-based buildings (preferring post-50s houses, but as in the CS contest or my custom vacation hood, I'll go earlier sometimes!), modular or container building, connected buildings, some basic CFE tricks, buildings for specific needs, etc. etc. This personal challenge for me this round was to make an Asian-based strip mall restaurant (which doesn't go against the BV theme since often, when vacationing, we'll go into a town for a quick bite to eat). Oh ... and incorporate CFE doing it, which I haven't done before this entry. I use house plans and Google images to inspire me and to assure me that any building layout would be structurally sound and/or have some sort of authenticity.

The tropical lot will be another challenge. Depending on the budget, I already have one in mind. And if my health is up to it after surgery, maybe another hotel will be in the future with an entry (I've done at least five hotels so far, NOT including the Infamous Box Motel!*). Hotels can be particularly challenging because one mistake and you can get a frozen housekeeper (in my case, often, and generally not on the first day ... generally, it's the second or third) or no hotel guests.

Doing personal challenges provides me with a little fun, and I get better at stuff, even if I don't officially win or even place in the Top 3. I'm looking forward to the next lot and seeing what I'll attempt or improve on next. (Now that I think of it, maybe one challenge should be to do more extensive and artistic plant-plopping!)

*I was having so much trouble with Freezy the Housekeeper that I built a bunch of box hotel rooms to see where I went wrong, or if a mod was causing trouble. (Under spoiler at http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...167#post5196167 if you're curious. I believe that has been probably the ugliest build on MTS to date, but in all fairness, it was a quick test lot. Oh, and to add that special touch, Freezy didn't freeze at all!)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#243 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:01 PM
I laughed so much when that Box Motel was built that it will forever have a special place in my heart
Instructor
#244 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:48 PM
OnayaW how cute is that restaurant and I have been through parts Death Valley..sooo hot there and I am used to hot but that was beyond hot lol..those spirals are a omgosh oldie lol.. love your restaurant

Oh you are getting that stupid pukebucket picture of your box Motel..gazania

At CBS we have challenges as well..no voting just doing what needs to be done and sometimes I tend to do a bit more lol..

Our next B.A.D. is hard..but I found a lot of things for it right here on MTS..
Mad Poster
#245 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 2:00 AM Last edited by gazania : 14th Feb 2018 at 7:48 AM.
So irritating! Photo*ucket is a pain in the butt.

Fortunately for me, it's not entirely gone. MystAngel copied it in her Community Spirit post a couple down from me, complete with her noting that I didn't even extend the roof properly on one box! Such fussy tourists. How DARE they want a roof completely over the box?!

Thank you, MystAngel, wherever you are. You have helped keep the Box Motel alive.
Screenshots

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Instructor
#246 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 4:43 AM
That's funny gazania..

I love your box Motel..omgosh how cute are those..

I know about the Sims wanting a complete roof..complain because the rain or snow is coming in..or it gets to hot for them lol..
Helptato
#247 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:18 AM
I'm going to need an extension...somehow managed to break my game installation ;_;

So it's gonna take a while to get it back up and running.

Emma!

Simblr
Instructor
#248 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:43 AM
Oh no Sparkly..that's not a good thing..are you in the judging part or the playalong..
Helptato
#249 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 8:25 AM
Oh no Sparkly..that's not a good thing..are you in the judging part or the playalong..

I'm a contestant. I had my lot all ready and just needed to take pics..hopefully within the next few days I can have my entry up!

Emma!

Simblr
Forum Resident
#250 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 4:27 PM
OnayaW how cute is that restaurant and I have been through parts Death Valley..sooo hot there and I am used to hot but that was beyond hot lol..those spirals are a omgosh oldie lol.. love your restaurant

VERY HOT. Very dying. Properly why we entered the restuarant (Actually it was my grandma there needed to visit their restroom but then we decided to eat.

I built the restuarant out from my memories and I remember it had this old-ish look. It was clean though and feet didn't stick to the floor so all in all good. I did wonder why the place had a playground but I guess when placed in the middle of nowhere you also exist as like a stop?

I build small houses *^*

Page 10 of 59