Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#251 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:34 PM
I believe I have gotten everyone's posts updated

@kanzen your link still works

We are down to under 4 days people! so the following people this is just a reminder that time is coming near to the end of the first round! After that I will send a sheet to the judges, and the timer will be set for one week, so that the judges have time to evaluate the contest I also want to remind everyone to double check and make sure you have all proper pictures up for the contest. (this, while a nice addition by play alongs, is not an absolute rule for them )
First of all the contestants who still haven't submitted I realize some are having issues, and I understand that, just let me know and I will give a couple extra days, and just ask judges to judge you last, but that is about the best I can do on that!

@maxon
@celebkiriedhel
@Sparkysays
@Karen Lorraine
@lauratje86
@pannisim
@Freelala
@Sparklypotato
@suzanne70

Then the play alongs.
@Phaenoh
@Peni Griffin
@Sunbee
@franfeliano
@RickandMorty
@porkypine

I realize as play alongs, it isn't as crucial on your part, so just letting you know, in case you wanted to get yours done in time with the others before the next round
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#252 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 8:21 PM
Just to let you know, I started on a build but I've been pretty ill for the last few days. Hoping to finish before the weekend.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#253 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 11:30 PM
Not a good thing maxon..and hope you get to feeling better soon..

Would love to see your entry..
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#254 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:02 AM
Mine is still a Work in Progress but I should make the deadline

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#255 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:48 AM
I'm expecting to finish my lot tonight and will get pics up either tomorrow or Friday morning. I've had some trouble with my game, but I got it worked out, and just have to put on the finishing touches!

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#256 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:43 AM
Yay! More entries will soon be incoming
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#257 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 7:12 AM Last edited by porkypine : 18th Feb 2018 at 11:05 PM.
Sonoran/California desert / restaurant

Welcome to the Tumbleweed Cantina. You can dine inside but most people prefer the shaded patio. There is a pinata for the kids to whack and a fountain to sit by while waiting for the bus.

The manager's office is upstairs. The shaded veranda is for staff and management to relax during breaks.

There is also a place for vaqueros to tie their horses when they come in to eat.

40 x 20 size
Community
$93, 752 (Thanks Broomhilda)

Instructor
#258 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:30 AM
porkypine..omgosh I really love, love this restaurant.. :lovestruc I love the desert details..really pretty..

To get the price..go into build mode and then at the top of the left had corner you will see a icon click on that and the price and all will pop up..that is how I was told to do it..
Lab Assistant
#259 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:25 PM
@gazania I love that wall candle fixture so much??? Where on earth did you get it? Also, I want to see more of your outdoor eating section! It looks so nice. The combo of the fencing and the gate, as well as the red/black color scheme do a lot to set the mood for the restaurant.

@justJones What an awesome facade you made! It looks just like an El Torito (an American Mexican food chain restaurant) I used to live nearby. The wooden support posts along the roof and sides of the restaurant add a lot of authenticity. I'm also loving the complementary relationship between the mango colored walls and the blue shutters near the doorways.

@OnayaW My favorite part of your build is the sneaky little creek/river running along the back part of the restaurant. I didn't notice it my first nor second time looking at your pics, but just registered its presence this last time looking. It really establishes the setting, especially with all the greenery around it. You've done a good job capturing the vibe of a mid-sized American fare restaurant. I've been in so many restaurants on road trips that look just like yours.

@porkypine Your use of bold colors and patterns are blowing me away! The multi-level structure and outdoor seating is really innovative, yet natural for a Mexican-style restaurant in the desert heat. Lots of shade to offer shelter from the sun. Great job!

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#260 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:50 PM Last edited by gazania : 16th Feb 2018 at 10:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bbostic8
@gazania I love that wall candle fixture so much??? Where on earth did you get it? Also, I want to see more of your outdoor eating section! It looks so nice. The combo of the fencing and the gate, as well as the red/black color scheme do a lot to set the mood for the restaurant.

TSR. It's a Dot fixture (Candle Wall Light). On TSR, you'll see the needed mesh at the bottom of Page 4: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...age/4/cnt/1587/

However, there is another place that you can get it (hums a popular KC and the Sunshine band song, "Shake, shake, shake your _______". )

I use this fixture quite often. It doesn't produce a whole lot of light, but it's a candle fixture, so really, it's not supposed to!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#261 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:38 AM
@bbostic8
I’m surprised I got it so correct for something I made out from a faint memory. I just remember they had this pond they made themselves in that very bare desert
But I made it subtle by being in the back and made it seem
Well
Natural xD

I build small houses *^*
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#262 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:01 AM
Ok got you on the board @porkypine love the decor and the ambience!
Mad Poster
#263 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:25 AM
Love it, @porkypine
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:27 AM
The entries so far have been fantastic. I'm excited to see the final ones before the round is over. The suspense is building!

AKA. Anora Acadian
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#265 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:40 AM
Forum Resident
#266 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:50 AM
The best part is you can see how people normally build in their games in many of them
Not saying it is correct
I made the decor old but all my houses are modern

I build small houses *^*
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#267 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:13 AM
Am so enjoying this. Nice build everyone.Will continue to admire in secreat
Helptato
#268 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:15 PM
Porkypine, I love the bright colours! Makes it stand out really well.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Instructor
#269 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:05 PM
OMGosh everyone..you all have 1 day, 20 hours & 55 min. to get yours all in..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#270 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:28 PM
Well I suspect a few won't make it in. I have to get the judge's sheets done up because first round is coming to a close! Great job everyone! So far! So glad I am not competing because I would be tromped lol
Lab Assistant
#271 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:31 PM Last edited by Freelala : 17th Feb 2018 at 8:52 AM.
Default Round 1
Welcome to Cartography: Putting Good Food on the Map!

Cartography is a food cart co-op that features traditional foods from desert-dwelling cultures across Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Did you know that these extreme regions feature some of the most extremely delicious food in the world? Step on up and let your tastebuds do some traveling!

I hope to add a bit more commentary and one more picture, but I have to leave for work right now and then I'm hitting the road. I'll try to log on tonight from my motel unless I have trouble with the wifi or I forget. Great entries everyone!! See you on the other side!
edit: I got the wifi to work and added in the backstories for the food carts that I thought of during the last 5 hours of driving. Now it's bedtime. Good jorb everyone!

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#272 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:05 PM
Lovely idea! @Freelala nice to see all the variety and creativity in ALL the entries so far!
Mad Poster
#273 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:19 PM
Very nice and interesting lot, Freelala.

(By the way, the Kalahari is not barren )

Regards from South Africa, where all of us need to sleep a while after a hectic week.
Helptato
#274 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:32 PM Last edited by Sparklypotato : 16th Feb 2018 at 9:49 PM.
Presenting, at last, my entry for round 1!

Welcome to Pine Tree Cafe and Bar! A mountain themed restaurant

This cabin sat for a long time on a small mountaintop overlooking a pond which was rumoured in the olden days to be behind a lot of sinister plans. It took a lot of love, TLC and some very generous drink deals to turn it into a place to meet with friends or family, enjoy some mixed drinks and enjoy a delicious menu of hearty favourites in the upstairs cafe.

I hope you enjoyed it! No amount of game corruption will set me back

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#275 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 10:03 PM
Playalong - Joy Luck Club and Restaurant

Kindly ignore the working title. I forgot to rename it before I took the picture, and picture-taking has been a pain in the neck. Fraps stopped working, even after reinstalling it, and I haven't figured out how to take screenshots with the new program without it taking me out of the game. I finished the lot ages ago, but have been struggling with the pictures. Which is why there's a couple of pictures here with gridlines. If I were competing I'd have retaken them but for a playalong I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Playtested in the college hood I was playing anyway.

The finest in Takemizan dining is now presented in a form accessible and comprehensible to Simerican tourists. We even named it after a book you might reasonably have heard of but haven't read. No need to take off your shoes, bend your legs into unaccustomed positions, or learn how to handle chopsticks! After eating, go out back and experience the Zen Garden, or into the Club building to learn as much as you're willing to about Takemizan culture, with karaoke, mah-jong, and tea! The simplicity of the decor will soothe your frazzled nerves and make you feel that broadening your mind isn't as hard as all that.

Required Pics:

And show off pics:

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)

Page 11 of 59