Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#201 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:53 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 10th Feb 2018 at 2:09 AM.
Thank you Catherine and everyone for your help and I am soooo sorry to spoil everyone's entries..

I got the screenshots and now the spoiler omgosh that was so easy after my brain got hit by a brick lol..and I will try that Catherine..thank you

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your help... :lovestruc

CBS has gotten used to my rants, raves, crying and then I get it..

I am just now looking at the other entries..and omgosh..they are amazing..

*Charmful..I really love yours with the pond in the middle..it's beautiful..
*kanzen..I love your work in progress.. I never thought of that..and haven't read many of the posts since I didn't want to see the entries lol beautiful job so far..I love it and can't wait to see the finished product..
*Kerri..omgosh I love this restaurant..it beautiful..and I would go there in a heart beat..and am going to head over to the wcif section and ask for those beams lol..I love the rustic old type places..lol..great job girl..
*kanzen..I love the #154 picture..a small bakery..and love the comments you put on there lol..cute
*yavannatw..it's cute, and dirty..I love it.. lol.. and being out in the desert well that is how a lot of small tiny places are..lol great job..
*Justpetro..I love, love that garden inside..omgosh..and the restaurant is beautiful..
*kanzen..you got it done..and it's beautiful..I would love, love to go to someplace like that..great job
*CatherineTCJD..I came back to look at yours more closely..omgosh..I love love those decks..and love that cabin feel..beautiful job

Did I miss anyone's entry..I hope not..but am planning on looking daily to see more entries lol..

Beautiful job everyone..so different and unique :lovestruc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 3:44 AM
Congrats on your first entry, @broomhilda61
All these lots are really making me hungry. Great work, everyone.
Instructor
#203 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 3:48 AM
Thank you Justpetro..

Thank heavens it's just for a play along..maybe next time I will be ready for the real thing hehe..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#204 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:37 AM
Great job everybody! Glad you are figuring it out broomhilda!

I will add everybody who uploaded's to the table tomorrow

I had a long day today and am tired so after work tomorrow I will play catch up
Top Secret Researcher
#205 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by broomhilda61
*yavannatw..it's cute, and dirty..I love it.. lol.. and being out in the desert well that is how a lot of small tiny places are..lol great job..

Beautiful job everyone..so different and unique :lovestruc

Thanks for your comment, broomhilda. I'm not sure it's a destination any Sim would really want to go to, but if you're in the middle of a desert, some food, drink, entertainment and toilet stop is very welcome.

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing more amazing and different entries.
Instructor
#206 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:44 AM
yavannatw..your destination can be a pit stop to the real thing
Forum Resident
#207 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:16 AM
@broomhilda61 thank you, glad you like it ^^ it would smell of grilled fish most of the time though. Good job on your play along too! I'm definitely intrigued with the aquarium in the lobby. Hope to see more of your builds in the future =)

@CatherineTCJD you pulled that off with an aching back? What kind of monster would you be when you're feeling fine =))))
Mad Poster
#208 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:43 AM
Some blue drinks today (very helpful for back pain, I hear, Cat - I hope you feel better soon ) - for all of the hardworking contestants and play-alongs.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#209 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:09 PM
Those blue drinks did the trick, Petro! The back is not but a dull roar today - nothing a bit of ibuprofen can't handle. DD's foot is better today too, though she's still hobbling around and demanding aid: Can you go upstairs and get me a soda? No. Can you bring me the wii-mote? No. Can you go get my blanket? *sigh*

Now I gotta finish up my pet-themed hotel...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#210 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:27 PM
Default Round 1 Entry - Tropical Restaurant
Garswn Dining

Psst! You... yes, you! Come here! Let me tell ya a lil' secret. There's a new restaurant in town that is opening this week. And guess what? First 50 meals are on the house! You gonna miss this opportunity? The early bird catches the worm, so be sure to check out Garswn Dining this Friday night, ya know what I'm sayin'? If anyone asks, I didn't tell ya nothin', ok?

Garswn Dining is a fine restaurant with a tropical vibe. It features an open dining area and bar, with glass roofs to let the equatorial sun shine in during the day and to see the beauty of a nocturnal sky during the night. You will never run out of oxygen, as our facilities are filled with photosynthetic life forms. Just a fancy way of saying plants. And algae. If you want a more romantic dining experience, feel free to reserve a table on our back deck, above the water and below the stars. Unfortunately, all the water on our lot is pool water (the landscaping artist said something about the water "not reflecting right", whatever that means), nevertheless we believe you will love the ambience here.

This is my entry for the first round of this amazing contest. I hope my lot isn't too bad . Off to the Fermented Juice Bar now!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#211 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:30 PM
You have to have a block or two of pool hidden somewhere on the lot for the pond water to work right
Instructor
#212 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:39 PM
Yes, I know. Even when I do that it doesn't work. *has an idea* Let me test it with boolprop useShaders true

EDIT: Nope. Must be something else. Oh well.
Mad Poster
#213 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 6:04 PM Last edited by gazania : 12th Feb 2018 at 4:09 AM.
Yay! Done with my prototype lot! I need to check for missing wallpapers, but I'm Ok with what I see.

Now to do two things:

1. Build another lot and join it to the restaurant. Since this is a strip mall lot, I need to have a store or two next to it; otherwise, it's going to look really strange. A basic facade and some basic OFB thingies inside should do ... the lot isn't going to be as much in focus, and part will be cut off. There just needs to be something next door!

2. Play the restaurant and see if I get stompies.

I seem to forget how to count with the CC. It's more than 12. But I DID try. Really! I admire anyone who can easily match Maxis wallpapers, tables, chairs and floors in a larger building. That proved to be one my undoings.

I also need to get it out tonight or early in the AM Sunday. Life will be far too busy next week. My mother is also in the hospital, by the way, and our surgeries are one day apart. And did I mention we're in different hospitals, about 10 miles away? Egads.

2/10 EDIT ... Make that later in the day on Sunday. But for me, the clock runs out then. Monday and Tuesday will be too frantic.

I made the lot next door ... the background lot. I'm keepin' this one for future use ... what a headache to make because of the dummy wall and the facade on top. For some reason, it wasn't easy to link it to the contest lot. I had to make some major alterations to both lots. But is there a way to make that next-door lot look clearer? It looks pretty blurry right now! I set the fade distance and anything else applicable to the highest settings.

I've done strip malls before (a few times), but I think the facade on top is the thing causing the most problems, so I had to reluctantly switch it out to a flatter one. The roofs blended in perfectly ... it was just the facade. It looked really uneven, even though it was the same facade! Still a slight difference, but a lot less noticeable. I also think the dummy roof is not helping, for some reason, even though they're the same clicks high.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Instructor
#214 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 6:15 PM
Yvelotic..I love, love your restaurant and the intro into it..great job..oh and I really love the pictures..of the first room so close to the furniture..makes it look bigger..great job

Thank you kanzen..

My though of doing this contest out of my comfort zone was..well I have been doing contests over at CBS for about a year now and I haven't won any of them every time I thought I might win a newbie would show up and win all is good I voted for a lot of those newbie's lol..anyway I figured well I have to learn somewhere and it really didn't look to hard once I got past the panic mode..and I needed to get out of my comfort zone..and the more contests I did the better I will become in the future right..even if I never win a contest it's ok with me having fun and learning is just as important..

Cat..I just about crushed my foot several years ago in a haulage line at work..all I can do was walk around the wheel with that big cable and listen to the crunch, crunch of the steal in my shoes thinking omgosh I lost my whole foot..but I broke a few toes and busted blood vessels on the bottom of my toes..and went back to work the next day..I worked in a Brick Factory..moving the cars around to each press so the bricks that were made can go on them and then sent to the kilns..
I know it's not the same thing..she's a kid hehe..but let her know that and maybe the whining will stop for a bit lol..
Mad Poster
#215 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by broomhilda61
...but let her know that and maybe the whining will stop for a bit lol..

Oh! THAT made me laugh right out loud! Oh man, now I can't stop smiling - or is it smirking? Oh dear... maybe I took one to many ibuprofen? Anyway - I'll tell her.

Hubs (a long time runner) and I have already regaled her with our gruesomest foot injuries from years past... I think she knows she's not really hurt - it's just that she's never suffered an injury before, so this feeling of pain is completely new. ...And she's a "special" kiddo. And an only child. And a 13-yr-old.

Petro! Thanks

BTW Broomhilda, that must've hurt really REALLY bad! Ouch!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#216 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:47 PM
Hope everything turns out fine with your daughter!

Instructor
#217 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 2:07 AM
Cat well her being 13 and her first injury it might be ok to whine and cry for the first few days..after that I would make her get up and do things on her own..lol..I have had 3 lower back, 2 neck, and a hip surgery..I do have my days of crying when I am by myself..my 16 year old grandson messed up his knee a couple of weeks ago and will have to have surgery in the next month..his first time injury..I think he is worried that he won't play next year in Basketball or track..he will be a Senior..and it worries me as well..I just don't say anything..

Opps sorry everyone..I'm getting off track..
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#218 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 8:09 AM
This contest is really becoming powerful. I love all the builds I have seen so far. Seriously am speechless.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#219 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 7:45 PM
Table is all caught up I believe! If you have posted and you do NOT see yourself there, at the time of this post, please let me know!

And yes! Good job so far everybody! Can't wait to see more :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:01 AM Last edited by bbostic8 : 12th Feb 2018 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Forgot somethin'
Default Play Along Entry: Tumbleweed Diner
Play Along Entry: Tumbleweed Diner

Been tearing down the highway under the heat of the desert sun? Did you already drain that gallon of water down your gullet? Are you crossing your legs and curling your toes, searching the canyons for some place to stop and pee? Well boy howdy, do we have a desert oasis for the weary. Located at the most remote bus stop for thirty miles is Tumbleweed Diner which boasts an air conditioned, recently (the 70's is recent enough if you really think about it) renovated space to serve up all the down-home American style grub anybody could ever want.

Tumbleweed was once a roadside garage where all manner of weary travelers would stop for a tune up, and now, under new ownership, Tumbleweed Diner is offering tune ups of the biological kind! Stop in and park it at the bar for a spell, flick on your favorite tunes at the jukebox or pop a quarter (or ten!) into the arcade system to bask in the cool, cool air and melt the stress of cross-country travel away. They say it's not about the destination, but the journey, and Tumbleweed Diner is a home-style respite as you embark upon that journey. Come on in, what can we get ya?

(EDIT: Forgot to add, this thing is CC Free!)

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Instructor
#221 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:36 AM
bbostic8 I really love this little diner..I have been in places like it growing up and when I was hitch hiking around the country lol..

Beautiful job..
Mad Poster
#222 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:25 AM Last edited by gazania : 16th Feb 2018 at 10:12 PM.
I usually like to write a long story, but really, I don't have the time. Sorry!

Golden Pearl Restaurant

Part of a strip mall and located by the Tigress clothing store in my game, The Golden Pearl is based on real-life informal noodle place establishments with a little upscaling. Not TOO upscale, though! Diners can rent the separate room for very small parties. Sushi, sashimi, tea and coffee are included in the cost if a Sim rents the room.

The main part of the restaurant contains the food stand. Ice cream, coffee and green tea are included in the price. Customers can also enjoy Japanese beverages from the vending machine. These are separate from the price.

No stompies in a real game. I made sure of that.

What is cool is that the sushi table actually works like a game's buffet table with Asian dishes. I did not create it, though, so ... http://lilsisterg.tumblr.com/post/1...ce-buffet-table. Alas, though, the gong is not functional. But it's a gong. I would only hope that my Sims kids wouldn't try to bang on it too much!

I tried not to go overboard with the content, but shot past my favored amount easily. I had a really hard time finding an Asian wallpaper in the dummy ceiling area that would go with the decor and didn't have the pattern cut off. This wallpaper looks very much like an origami paper design, so I went with that one.

No matter what, I couldn't get the adjoining lot to come out clearer. Perhaps it's because I lot-shrunk it; perhaps not. But at least there is something on one side connecting the stores. The restaurant would be the end lot. I had a big, bold railing on top, but lot shrinking also seems to affect those, too. No matter what, even though there were the same clicks on both dummy roofs and I'm using the same railings on both the restaurant and the other lot, the railings on top mismatched. As you might be able to see in the overhead view, the roofs connect perfectly, so the buildings are the same height. The big, bold railing REALLY looked bad and really mismatched between the two buildings, so I had to go for a much lower one, much to my disappointment. The things you learn in these contests ...

Instructor
#223 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:34 AM
gazania oh I really love your diner..I would go there..

Great job
Mad Poster
#224 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:51 AM
Thank you! And I actually made a Tigress Clothing store as well, just in case more got into the picture than I thought. (Not much did, fortunately!)

Alas, I had time only for the one store.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#225 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:41 PM
Default Round 1 - Desert Restaurant
Welcome to Fiesta Mexicana, a restaurant out in the desert somewhere. (Yes, I stole the name from a restaurant here in town, though I'm sure there are tons of Mexican restaurants named that. Very original of me, I know)

I don't have a story for you or much to say about it really. I'll just let the pics do most of the talking.

And that's it.

Page 9 of 59