Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#476 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 4:01 AM
They'll also start spawning of their own accord. Especially if you get a job and visit a few NPC places.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#477 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:11 PM
OK! Great! Thanks for the reply guys!
So, this IS an UN-populated world and I get to add who I want?!!! Sounds good to me!
Thanks again!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Test Subject
#478 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 8:26 PM
Is there a simplified (i.e. no CC) version of the world I can download? I have been playing this world for about a year off and on and it usually causes more frequent crashing to my game.
dodgy builder
#479 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 10:26 PM
The so far finished file is in post 442 I think, I don't think there has been a published version of this world yet as this is only the feedback forum. I may be wrong though. Perhaps you downloaded an unfinished beta?
Theorist
#480 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 12:49 PM
No this world is 100 percent done and despatched.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#481 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 9:13 PM
This world is amazing!
You guys rock! amazing job
Lab Assistant
#482 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 8:47 PM
I have been reunited with my sim computer but just do not have motivation or inspiration to continue with the seasonal lot. So people can do with that lot whatever they want.
edit: remember I am NOT the creator of the world or the majority of the lots, that is jje1000.
Test Subject
#483 Old 12th May 2014 at 10:40 AM Last edited by car1701 : 13th May 2014 at 8:20 AM.
Love the world! Seems I am missing user presets I downloaded both 4shared and mediafire links there isn't a user preset in folders, can anyone share or point me in right direction?
Lab Assistant
#484 Old 13th May 2014 at 1:25 PM Last edited by eufl : 13th May 2014 at 1:37 PM.
I am stunned!
Downloaded this world yesterday and since then I am sitting there and looking for all the details. I´ve tried a lot of worlds but Praaven tops it all. I´ve tried to build my own, and now i am demoralized.
You guys will bring me into medieval playing, only cause of this work. Thanks a lot, You should earn prices for this!
Thanks again for this piece of art
Field Researcher
#485 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 6:41 PM
This is everything I have ever looked for. I have seen this thread at least a 100 times, and downloaded the world. I have made a Sims Story based on Praaven http://thesims3medieval.blogspot.dk/ and I hope that is okay. I also furnished most of the homes in Praaven, and everything is so detailed! Thank you so much for this incredible work. I am blown away.
Field Researcher
#486 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 10:56 AM
Praaven is one of those worlds you keep finding new things when you dive into it. I've even restored the houses in the ruined village and put a pretty big family in there. Once they get a little more wealthy I will have them split off, so the aunt and uncle can have babies in their own home, and the grandparents can live with their eldest daughter, her husband and their kid.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Test Subject
#487 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 8:14 PM
I have been looking and looking and looking for a good medieval world to plop my SNK sims down in. thanks for making this !!!
Test Subject
#488 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 6:32 AM
This world is absolutely beautiful!! I'm so thrilled to have finally found the perfect medieval city. Thank you so much for sharing and the time, talent and work you've put into this.
Test Subject
#489 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 12:14 AM
I love this world but i do have some problems building and furnishing my houses, some of them are completly blacked out and others just a few rooms. Can i change this in some way? When i try it just says something about ''houseowner association does not accept this'' (translated to english so not sure). Kinda annoying
Lab Assistant
#490 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:01 AM
You need to switch on Testingcheats. Open your console with Ctrl-Shift-C and type "testingcheatsenabled true". Then type "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false" and finally "buydebug on". That should open them up for you. You can then remove the shiny silver orbs to open up more rooms, otherwise once you hit "live mode", the rooms will be "blacked out" once more. Once you're done, open the console and undo it, by changing false to true and vice versa.

You can read more about this and other build cheats here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ts#Build_Cheats
Test Subject
#491 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:56 PM
Ah thank you! I had tried that and it did'nt work, but then when i used moveobjects togheter with those it worked!
I also noticed that i can't change the roofs in the city. I can delete them but then only replace with the standard square kind of roof. Is there some cheat for that too?
Lab Assistant
#492 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:52 PM Last edited by lowrisim : 22nd Dec 2014 at 7:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ylvvaa
I love this world but i do have some problems building and furnishing my houses, some of them are completly blacked out and others just a few rooms. Can i change this in some way? When i try it just says something about ''houseowner association does not accept this'' (translated to english so not sure). Kinda annoying

Many of the houses and buildings are set up as Apartments, have room hiders, and/or have the skip floor "globe". To change this you need to use BOTH "testingcheatsenabled true" and after that 'buydebug" so that you can see those silver globe objects. Once you can see them you can delete the ones you don't want. You might need "moveobjects on" as well. (basically what Baskerwil said)

I did not BUILD any of the lots. I did decorate a few for jje1000 and as I remember if there were ANY silver globes on a lot then the game would not let me do structural changes to the lots without cheats, and I would get the ''homeowner's association does not allow this'. And some of the globes where hidden up in the roof levels so you might need to look around a bit to get rid of all of them. If you want to keep them then you will need cheats to redo things. It has been a while and I have forgotten what the cheat was to do structural changes on an apartment lot. But moveobjects on might be it, and you mentioned it was working for you. (did not read baskerwil's response carefully enough because that is the cheat I was trying to remember "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false")

Hope this helps. Or at least lets you know what is causing the issue so you can get answers.

Glad you are enjoying the world

Not sure what you are asking about the roofs? Pictures might help.
Test Subject
#493 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 10:20 PM
Hello all and sorry for me being an absolute beginner in sims 3 custom content.

I have WA, Ambitions, LN, pets and Generations installed. When I download the package from mediafire and extract it, all I see is a folder named Medieval, LORE text file and Praaven.sims3pack. Now where is the CC folder and userpresets? Im using 7zip to extract the package.

I would be very glad if someone could point me in the right direction, I believe I should manage from there on my own (at least I hope so..)

Thanks!
Instructor
#494 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 7:25 AM
Without knowing for sure, I would imagine the CC (if used, I haven't followed the thread) would be included in the .sims3pack... Have you tried installing it to see?
Test Subject
#495 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 10:05 AM Last edited by mus&tikka : 5th Jan 2015 at 10:23 AM.
Thanks for the answer! The sims3pack installer tells me that i need to update my game for some reason when i have university installed too. Should i try to open the sims3pack to get the files inside and install them manually?

Edit: Alright, I've done the extracting and put the praaven.package into DCBackup folder and Mods/Packages/Misc folder but in the game I still dont see Praaven when I try to start a new neighborhood.
Scholar
#496 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mus&tikka
Thanks for the answer! The sims3pack installer tells me that i need to update my game for some reason when i have university installed too. Should i try to open the sims3pack to get the files inside and install them manually?

Edit: Alright, I've done the extracting and put the praaven.package into DCBackup folder and Mods/Packages/Misc folder but in the game I still dont see Praaven when I try to start a new neighborhood.

The download from 11/23/2013 has the custom content as package files within the "Medieval" file. In addition, there are subfolders in the "Medieval" file folder with CC. Praaven is a sims3Pack file. I don't know of another way to install it except via the standard sims3Pack method. If you can break it down, the world would go in the "Installed Worlds" folder, I believe.
Test Subject
#497 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 9:11 PM
Got it working! Thank you all for help.
Test Subject
#498 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000

Welcome to the city of Praaven! This is a build-test world- I need you to help me find errors in the world, big and small, in order that I may remove them! I'll also need your help in contributing and furnishing buildings for the world! Mark down errors, problems and areas of improvement, and post them up in the thread.

Setting

The world is set during the mid-14th century in a small portion of the margraviate of Thallia, an ambigous place inspired by Central Europe and other elements of medieval Europe. Other setting notes and lore are included in a document in the world download.

Notes
  • Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night and Pets
  • Generations likely has no objects used, but I have it installed at the time of the world creation.

To Do List

Download and Instructions
Get it here: http://www.4shared.com/rar/_A85sI8M/Praaven.html?
New link: https://www.mediafire.com/?cgdlrf7i8bahf8y
  1. Download world
  2. Unzip with WinRAR and Install
  3. Place the CC package into the Packages folder, Userpresets in Main Folder (backup your own)
  4. Please build if you can and check for issues!
* Jynx's rabbitholes are missing in this CC Package.

CC List
Though most custom content is included in a package, the list of CC can be found below:

Images

I can't download the file
I open it on WinZIP but it won't let me move the file
Lab Assistant
#499 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sassycinderella
I can't download the file
I open it on WinZIP but it won't let me move the file

I used the New link: https://www.mediafire.com/?cgdlrf7i8bahf8y from your post and had no problem downloading the file or opening it with 7-zip

and can more the world file just fine.

if you are still having a issue it might be that WinZIP can't open rar file. don't know as not the one I use.

hope this helps someone after so long not seeing this
Lab Assistant
#500 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 4:10 AM Last edited by lowrisim : 6th Aug 2015 at 2:32 PM.
Default Northern Tournament Grounds Lot
Had a request for this lot I never finished of the Norther Tournament Grounds (the Mahlsberg lot) for Praaven.

1. it is a Library lot file... so place in Library folder, not where you but all your other CC

2. Will need the most of the Same CC and Expansion packs required for Praaven to show up as in Photos

3. This is a seasonal lot set to have the WINE festival in the spring. Summer it is cut for hay so has hay stacks.

4. KNOW ISSUES:
A. During most of the year there is not suppose to have much in this lot, but there is a known bug that makes all items from Buydebug show up in the "common" setting of the season marker when the lots in added to a world. You can fix this with the seasonal marker if you know how to use it. All the boxes and carts were suppose to be in the construction phase, and some of the items were suppose to just be there during festival time need to be moved back to spring.

B.Also it needs a restroom... you can add one. I have not decided how I want to do one yet. Cloudwalker Sims as a nice cc outhouse for others looking for one. http://cloudwalkersims.com/working-outhouse/ however not on the CC list for the world so not included in the lot.

4. USE HOWEVER YOU WANT. However this is a feed back thread so IF you do use it and let me know what works and what does not... I hope to find time to fix it.

Southern tournament lot for Tovar can be found in post 465 http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...321#post4302321 It also need finished. not sure why the hyper link to post 465 is not working for me... but that is the correct post.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  PraavenNthTrnamentGrndsWIPv1.7z (268.4 KB, 147 downloads) - View custom content
Page 20 of 23