Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2018 at 9:18 PM
Default Problems with the GUID in SimPE
I installed the GUID fix a while ago, and I've been able to register GUIDs all up until today. I'm using the 0.73 version, with the GUID fix Quaxi made.

Now however, the box shows my login info and all that, but still shows as not logged in (the "Register New User" button is active, and the "add GUID block is not). It also says I've got 0 GUIDs left in the block (not true - there should be at least 20 left according to the info on the SimPE site). The User GUID is also empty.

I've checked the preferences, and the login info looks correct there as well. No files have been changed in the install files since I added the fix.

I have no clue what's going on, because as I said, the GUID box worked fine a few days ago, and as far as I know I haven't done any changes to the settings.

(I know I can register GUIDs on the SimPE site, but it's such a hassle...)

Anyone have a clue what might be the problem?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th May 2018 at 10:39 PM
I remember running into this problem years ago when the site and all that still worked just fine. If I'm not mistaken I just typed in my email and/or retyped my password in and clicked "set" when I was done, then tried to get a new GUID after that - I might be mistaken though since it was so long ago. I DO remember it being something really simple.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2018 at 1:43 AM
I tried with two of the possible mails I had back when I registered at SimPE, and also tried retyping the password, but the "set" button still isn't clickable.

Making a new user did work, though. I guess I'll try that until I can figure out what's wrong with the old one.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th May 2018 at 2:40 AM