Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 4:55 PM
Default Selling expensive stuff "realistically" to Playable Sims in Businesses
Because I don't play with townies, I always found running businesses a bit tricky as the majority families tends to have the bare minimum of funds after moving in, as I want them to work to maintain their finance status and that's include wealthy sims. I mean, if you are slacking off (no fundraising, high level job ) and wasting your money, you won't be rich Forever, would you?

I also added "realistic" in the main question, I'm referring to in-game sim stuff such as: constantly usage Dazzle Sale ('cause overly nagging sale people in real life are annoying as hell...! ), the aspiration/career rewards such as energizer, money trees, the gold florist badge bouquet item that boost motives, adding a ticket machine in a business that don't require it (i.e. who pay hourly to shop groceries?), stuff like that, which is why I asked this question as majority threads regarding OFB includes these.

While they are not technically "cheating" (which I don't really care about, I just "cheat" when I feel like it), they can make some game features too easy (= Boring) and too unrealistic, which is what I try enhance when playing (when possible. Ignoring these SHOULD be possible. ). I don't mind hacked mods that help you with the game though (Annoying tasks such as a auto restocking object. Cheating yes, but just make the game so time consuming!)

But due to the sims mechanics where they won't buy anything expensive due to their funds - Is it even possible (regarding any selling business)? Also, would a wealthy playable sim even purchase something on the more expensive end?

I do consider having "extra" playables who are related to the main families but not played as often (living on tiny lots but having much bigger funds), but it feels like even wealthy playable sims are modded to be greedy when buying stuff, I always find my sims so picky when it comes to selling and often end up just chatting with the employers.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:03 PM
Is simulated sales one of those things you'd consider unrealistic? Also, mods to stop customers from social behavior so they focus on chatting.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:07 PM
Not the latter, but simulating sales, I'm not sure what you mean. Pretending its a sale and use family funds? Because that one really depends on the business as I've played businesses that's not technically possible such as running brothel where I use fund cheats to simulate the funds they earned from woohooing on a hacked bed or served customers, ( <Insert $$> K for specific sim and employed), which I used instead of the ticket machine to get a better earning.

I was more thinking of sales that are earned through selling objects, such as selling things you made or things in the catalogues..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:43 PM
Simulated sales is a mod-group that makes sales "fake". When playing the business everything works like it usually does. Customers buy objects, and pay. The owner has to restock, and gets money for the sale. But the money is not deducted from that Sims' family funds, and no object is placed in their inventory after the purchase.

The first one came from Squinge, and is called shopnosaveitem, which simulated sales for playables. BO made his own version that simulates sales for all Sims, not just playables. BO also made a simulated sales version of Inge's automatic cash register.

Gives you the option to run businesses without your other families getting ruined in the process.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:56 PM
Well technically that mod would be fine, but I just want my playables to actually buy items on higher price tags, which is why I added in the first post that I consider using "non-playable playables" for this, but find it tricky to get them by the items and not sure if this coded by the game.

That the other families use their money to buy the stuff is no concern as I can just sell it back, kind of like returning policies?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:37 PM
When you say higher price tag, do you mean set to expensive with the OFB price mechanic, or do you mean expensive as in costs a lot of simoleons?

The higher the business rank the more likely customers are to be okay with higher OFB price mechanic. Start out cheap, then you can raise it as the business rank increases. From my experience the only way to make Sims buy objects that cost a lot of simoleons is to not have any other options available. If you have cheap and expensive objects (not referring to ofb setting, referring to cost in simoleons) they will go for the cheap ones.

If you want to have both cheap and expensive objects you can increase the chances of expensive objects being sold by having few items total, and set the customer limit to a higher number than cheaper objects available. For example if you sell 10 objects, set your customer limit to 10. That way if someone is browsing one of the cheaper objects, the remaining customers will have to consider the more expensive objects. Use Paladin's customer limit setter object to set the limit.

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:52 PM
I meant both as I was tired to sell 50-200$ pieces all the time. Sometimes I cheat with the ranks and still feel they are only pleased with cheap pieces, regardless of their real cost or the the OFB price tag.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 3:37 PM
I have never experienced a price ceiling where customers refuse to buy an object. With one of my businesses, I regularly sell deeds to lots for $4,000,000 that originally cost me $3.5 million, leaving a $500,000 profit. And that is using the "fairly priced" setting. Sims with maxed out loyalty levels don't need to be encouraged to buy but newcomers do. Theses transactions of course never effect the buyer's family funds and the title to the deeds never transfers.