Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by misterdent : 3rd Jun 2018 at 11:21 AM.
Seeking the Cure quest stuck in Journal after receiving the Blessing of the Sphinx (solution)

I'm aware that a lot has been posted on this subject, so this might be "old news", but I got stuck in the quest today and couldn't find a single post that told me where I'd gone wrong. So this is for the players who have explored all the way through the Sphinx and made it to the Soulpeace Statue. There you can meditate in front of the statue to get the Blessing of the Sphinx, to cure yourself of The Mummy's Curse.

In my case I worked my way through the entire Sphinx and got "cured", but the quest did not complete and there was no option to "Report In" to collect my reward. I couldn't get any new quests and there seemed no way to turn it in. There was no dialogue option with the quest giver about completing the task.

Eventually I found a solution. I had to re-load a previous save, from before I first entered the Sphinx. Initially when I arrived at the Sphinx, I just "inspected" the door and went straight in. This time I stopped outside and clicked on the exterior of the Sphinx. A pop-up gives you a choice to "Plead to the Sphinx". Your sim meditates for a while, which is followed by a fun animation of swirling winds that open the door for you. Also a message pops up saying "The Sphinx has heard your plea, and grants you access in your dire state!" You must use this method to enter the Sphinx or the quest will ultimately fail to complete.

As a side-note, (and apologies for stating the obvious), I recommend using the "Save As" option regularly, when travelling and adventuring. The danger of mostly using the simple "Save" option is that it might require you to backtrack hours and hours of game-play if your quest gets bugged.

I hope you find this helpful. Happy hunting!