Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Fixed Age Child and Assign Profession. Stupid mistake on my part. Thanks for pointing it out Amaryll & misssnark.

Works now! Thank you! :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 12:27 PM
With the Sleep Naked option turned on, my hero children are also sleeping naked which doesn't turn out so well. The children are floating heads on the pillows while their bodies are sitting bolt upright with distorted legs etc. It appears like the children cannot use their naked skins, and I don't know if in default game they are supposed to use naked skin or not.

When I turn off the option, the children switch into sleepwear and all is normal.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
Original Poster
#103 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 2:09 PM
It sounds like children don't have a valid naked outfit. Similar to male pregnancy without the modded clothing. I never thought about it, but I've never seen a child bathe, which would mean they wouldn't need a naked mesh.

I'll check it out, thanks for the tip.
Instructor
#104 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 8:21 PM
the children can't use the tub, they merely splash around in that bronze jug on the pedestal. thankfully, Shimrod has eliminated all the children, so no worries!
Instructor
Original Poster
#105 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:54 AM
Just tested, and to my surprise, no update seems to be needed between 2.0 and Pirates and Nobles. I look forward to seeing you all with Pirates & Nobles.
Test Subject
#106 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 7:37 AM
Great mod, thank you for it! It makes the game much more fun. :) The only trouble I'm having is once I age up my Sim's children, I no longer have any debugging options for them so I can't change their appearance or anything else. I've tried reloading and a few different things but no luck. Is this normal or just my game? I'm using the latest version of the mod and have Pirates and Nobles.
Instructor
Original Poster
#107 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 2:01 PM
As far as I know saving your game and reloading it should add the debug options. If it doesn't try turning the option off in the menu and click accept, then turn it back on a click accept. Hopefully one of these will get the options shown on your aged up children.
Test Subject
#108 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 7:29 PM
I don't have anything terribly intelligent or pressing to add here, I just wanted to say that this mod is fantastic! Thanks SO much for all the work you do!
Test Subject
#109 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 7:35 PM
Saving and reloading worked, thank you! Is there a way to age my sim's children up without assigning them to a profession? So that my monarch's children keep their prince and princess titles rather than become extra kings and queens?
Instructor
Original Poster
#110 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 12:10 AM
Thanks drummajor212, it nice to be appreciated.

Aislin: I'm glad that worked for you. One of these days I'll get the commands added when a sim is instanced, so saving and reloading won't be necessary. I've been thinking about allowing you to choose whichever profession you want for aged up children, but for now you might try retiring the prince/princess as I've seen some sims revert to their original title. Probably should save beforehand just in case.
Instructor
#111 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 3:18 AM
Thanx for all the hard work Grim! I just updated to P&N, it looks awesome!
Test Subject
#112 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 9:45 PM
Thank you! That did work to keep their prince and princess titles. One more little problem I'm having, haha. When I age my monarch's children up and then save and restart, I can get the debug options if I click on them with another sim but if the grown up children are active, I can't click on them to do anything. No menu comes up.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aislin
...but if the grown up children are active, I can't click on them to do anything. No menu comes up.

Try clicking on them with the other sim and assigning them a religion: the old DP trick.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#114 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 6:18 AM
This does not work with my game. I am not on a Mac and have Pirates and Nobles and have updated to 2.0.
I added the mod twice and each time it froze my game on the second loading screen and the only way to unfreeze it was to restart my computer.
Tested my game with just this mod, and then again without and I am still having problems with it installed and no freezing without it installed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#115 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:16 PM
Do you have d3dx9_31.dll in you Game/Bin folder? This is the biggest cause of stalls with this mod.

Otherwise, please tell me what you do before it stalls (ie. Start new kingdom, load saved game, etc..).
Test Subject
#116 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 10:36 PM Last edited by Simmodder99 : 3rd Sep 2011 at 12:35 AM.
Dear Grim,
I have a terrible problem with the missing code for the locked doors... It's been a delay, certainly, but I have just updated to 2.0 from 1.3 via adding P+N.
Several of my saved kingdoms--played for twenty or-so in-game weeks (so I've everything just right)-- now have the doors still locked.
Took me a minute to realize. Most every building no longer works for pathfinding.

The code is not obsolete. It was good. I loved having locks on the doors themselves. I know you are surely busy, but could you add the lock/unlock code to 2.0 Core?
Or could you make a unlock override? Anything...
--Regards, 99

Edit: I tried adding your old non-core lock/privacy mod, but it will not load...

Simmodder99's Mod Library

"Is there no welcome for the wicked?" -- Lord Magus Xavier of the Dark Wizards
Test Subject
#117 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:03 AM
Do you have d3dx9_31.dll in you Game/Bin folder? This is the biggest cause of stalls with this mod.

Otherwise, please tell me what you do before it stalls (ie. Start new kingdom, load saved game, etc..).

I have had the d3dx9_31.dll in my Game/Bin folder this whole time.
It goes past the first loading screen fine, and I am able to select my kingdom.
It's the loading screen after that, the one with the brown brick that stalls and freezes up whenever I have the mod installed.
I have left it for up to 40 minutes with no change in the loading bar.
Instructor
Original Poster
#118 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 4:51 PM
Simmodder99:
Sorry my mod has caused you this problem with updating. Strange that no one else has brought this to my attention. I've been trying to add the locking back to my core, but it's causing me some problems. You may be able to get around the saved locks by saving and reloading. Since the variable will no longer be persistant it shouldn't be saved. I'm not sure whether it will work or not, but it's worth a try. I'll update if I figure anything out.

Jess A:
I assumed you had it installed right, but I have to check. You also said you've tried with only my core, correct? I assume you're also using the latest 2.0 version of the mod.

Does it happen when you load a kingdom or start a new kingdom? Have you tried loading different kingdoms?

How far does the bar get before it stalls?
Instructor
Original Poster
#119 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 9:52 PM
Returned Lock/Unlock to doors by request. Also added the ability to recolor door by clicking on them and choosing Set Color.

As always I'll add new stuff as I get it working for me. Let me know how it works for you.
Instructor
#120 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:16 AM
Danke Schon!

And imagine my surprise "Grim's Medieval Pirates & Nobles Core"
Instructor
Original Poster
#121 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:54 AM
Another request I've had is for adding abilities. I haven't made it work my way yet, but I've added the Add/Remove ability comand from Dynamic Professions to my core. The credit for this command truely belongs to TheHologramMan, and I will gladly remove it if he updates Dynamic Professions, or if he requests me to do so. I am truely adding it only to give players the most of this game. I hope it doesn't upset anyone.
Test Subject
#122 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 9:45 AM

Jess A:
I assumed you had it installed right, but I have to check. You also said you've tried with only my core, correct? I assume you're also using the latest 2.0 version of the mod.

Does it happen when you load a kingdom or start a new kingdom? Have you tried loading different kingdoms?

How far does the bar get before it stalls?

I have tried your mod as the only mod in the folder as a last resort attempt. I am also fully updated to the 2.0 version.
The stall happens when I load one of my saved kingdoms. I have no reason to create another whole new kingdom since I just started all over.
I did try loading two separate files of the same kingdom though.
A version A and a B version. I do this in case something happens to one of them and I have a backup.
The stall happens on both these kingdom files. Also the bar goes maybe 80% of the way before it refuses to go any farther.
Test Subject
#123 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 1:39 PM Last edited by Simmodder99 : 4th Sep 2011 at 1:52 PM.
Grim,
You are a lifesaver. And you are awesome.
My games work again.
I love having the locks! They work much better than the EA 'privacy' with its constant trespassing...
Especially in the reception hall where there are no 'privacy' options available.

Thank you so much.

Simmodder99's Mod Library

"Is there no welcome for the wicked?" -- Lord Magus Xavier of the Dark Wizards
#124 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 4:07 PM
awesome thanks.

EDIT: can't set the level for abilities?
Instructor
Original Poster
#125 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 4:58 PM
Well Jess, you may have me stumped. I have only a few ideas for you to try.

First, open the options menu from the main kingdom loading menu, and see if anything is checked. If you haven't changed these settings the only option checked should be for normal pregnancy. Just to be safe, uncheck everything and see if it loads.

Next, if you've only used the same kingdom, please try a different and/or new one and see if it loads. I understand this isn't how you want to play, but perhaps the problem is in that kingdom.

If nothing else works the only idea I have left is to try a complete reinstall.
Page 5 of 31