Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2126 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:31 AM
Sterling's second son, Grayson aged to toddler, but here's how he'll look as a young adult. He's got his dads nose and mouth, but mom's eyes. Plus, brown eyes at that, instead of green. All of Sterling's kids have had green eyes until now. Nice change!

Did I even mention that I restored Sterling's fertility so they could have one more? He's now had 4 total. Twin girls, and two boys. I'm satisfied.

I am now playing his stepson, Gage, and his wife Amelia (sister to Henry), and their toddler son, Landen. Gage is a Stay-at-home dad AKA VETERINARIAN (I cannot wait for the update so he can register his job as self employed vet.)

So I "cheated" a little and had Gage "study at home" aka build his vet skill from home before actually opening the clinic to pets. He just finished curing his OWN cat and performing surgery on it! It was really fun! I wanted to play as a vet when this first came out but I was hesitant to do so since you had to OWN the clinic and not just work at it like the Lab/Hospital. I think it would have been better to do it like a hospital, that way you have ONE hospital that MANY sims can work at instead of MANY clinics owned by MANY sims. Unless I can have a sim that works at a clinic he doesn't own... I don't think so...shame.

But yeah, Gage is level 8 vet, and his wife will soon follow up as a vet too so I hope they can work together as a team, curing pets.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2127 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:10 AM
My game did that thing where it glitches out and teleports your sim around. My sim glitch-teleported directly between her two sisters, who right at that moment started clapping as though they were clapping at her mad teleporting skills.
Top Secret Researcher
#2128 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 7:06 PM
Default My Sim has died.
My Sim has died
I'm kinda new playing Sims 4, and I read on Carl's Guide that the way to wealth and immortality was to use the object transmogrifier you get from the science career to turn cheap objects into more expensive ones.
Okay! Got that, got the object cloner and spent the points to get the youth serum so I can make copies of it...
And here's my brave sim (an alien, which has little advantage over regular sims, imho) turning holes in a wall into what I hope will be master pieces...
Well on my way, right? Not so much. The wall caught fire. This happened before. I can't put it out because it's the wall. Unlike Sims 3, can't call the fire department. I need to wait until the ground catches fire and only then can I use the freeze ray to put out the fire. Only problem is that in real life, there's a dog sleeping in my lap and she nudges my mouse just as I click "put fire out with freeze ray" and Instead I click "go here".
So, my sim's goes and stands in the fire.
I click get out. He won't do it because he caught fire.
Click on the shower, and click "Put self out" (just like Sims 3) and he won't do it and now I hate EA.
He died.
Dang it, it took me forever to get this far. I guess death flowers are some sort of pain in the pattooie to make, too.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#2129 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 2:23 AM
Okay, my sim was dead from the fire, but he got better.
Then the aliens abducted him after he tried to contact the home world.
The aliens were either quite rude or quite... friendly.
Either way, my sim expected to be treated better than a common human sim.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2130 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
My Sim has died
I'm kinda new playing Sims 4, and I read on Carl's Guide that the way to wealth and immortality was to use the object transmogrifier you get from the science career to turn cheap objects into more expensive ones.
Okay! Got that, got the object cloner and spent the points to get the youth serum so I can make copies of it...
And here's my brave sim (an alien, which has little advantage over regular sims, imho) turning holes in a wall into what I hope will be master pieces...
Well on my way, right? Not so much. The wall caught fire. This happened before. I can't put it out because it's the wall. Unlike Sims 3, can't call the fire department. I need to wait until the ground catches fire and only then can I use the freeze ray to put out the fire. Only problem is that in real life, there's a dog sleeping in my lap and she nudges my mouse just as I click "put fire out with freeze ray" and Instead I click "go here".
So, my sim's goes and stands in the fire.
I click get out. He won't do it because he caught fire.
Click on the shower, and click "Put self out" (just like Sims 3) and he won't do it and now I hate EA.
He died.
Dang it, it took me forever to get this far. I guess death flowers are some sort of pain in the pattooie to make, too.

My Vampire wouldn't put him self out either. I keep using the interaction but nothing happens

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2131 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Okay, my sim was dead from the fire, but he got better.

Field Researcher
#2132 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:29 AM Last edited by grindingteeth : 1st Nov 2018 at 6:02 AM.

Non committal husbands hitting on the literal lady in red
"In front of our house, no less!"
Top Secret Researcher
#2133 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 9:03 PM
Best practice for flammable Sims
TIL: When your sim is on fire, click on the sim and select "Put yourself out". If you put a shower right next to the place where you expect a fire, the sim will run to the shower and stay there.
Please don't ask me why my sim was on fire again, I'll never use that "Object transmogrifier" again.
Alien Abduction Birth
My Alien Sim popped out a baby alien because of the alien abduction. Now what?

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2134 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 9:51 PM
The vet clinic is going well. I hit a five star rating but then it went down to 4.5, which is okay. I think I need to improve my ambiance. Not really sure how, but we'll get there. You can technically have 2 sims from the same house work at the same time, but you really probably shouldn't have them examine pets at the same time, because when you do that, the "Chart" in the top left that shows the pet's illness and stress level disappear. If you check under "calm pet" if the option is available, you can still tell if the pet needs calming, but you'll never know how much. And you won't ever know exactly what illness the pet has, so once your sim has indicated that they know what illness they have, you have to select the correct treatment (either surgery or the other, a shot, treat or spray ect).

So now I try to get them to alternate checking up on pets and having just the two of them working as a team, I've managed to keep the customers happy. As you can see, I built a little daycare there for their son, but I ended up deleting that and he just goes to daycare instead. (Sims kept trying to talk to him)

Gage decided to invite over his family. Mom, step dad and half siblings all came over and had a meal together. I need to do this more often! When I play families I seldom purposely invite over sims, usually they just invite themselves!

Everything went so well I don't see why I don't do it more often.

I made over their bedroom! In a few days they'll be trying for a baby (Already have a 2 year old) and I hope it's a girl, my game desperately needs girls.
Scholar
#2135 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Hey @spidergirl79, I've seen you post a lot about your multiple families and generations for a while now... I'm really glad you get to do that (I was always the kind of player to get bored of my household really fast). Anyway, I had a question. How do you manage to not get lag after all those generations ? I'm wondering since it's a pretty common bug (having sims just stand there or time distortion etc).

@Chax

Hey! Okay to answer your question: I DO get that lag sometimes. But not all of the time. I think it partly depends on household size, lot size, house size, amount of items in the house..(If the issue is too many generations and sims, a huge house with a lot of stuff can only make it worse? I dunno) For example, I experienced it in Sterling's household when there were 8 members. Usually when it happens, I reset the sim and it wakes them up out of their stupor and everything is fine.

This particular save, where Sterling lives, only has 3 generations (Sterling, Step son, Stepson's son, thats three right?), so it's still fairly small. The other save has 4 generations, the amount of families I have is much bigger.

I found that lag is dependant on lot and weather too.

I also check to see if any sims are trying to talk to a child who is doing homework (even if it's in a park nearby!!!!!) because it has the effect of FREEZING EVERYONE UP WHY DONT THEY FIX THIS!!! Then I stop that action or reset the sim who's trying to talk to the child.

My play style also probably helps me experience less lag. Although I'm a benevolent simmer, I micromanage my sims day down to the last second, so I have a pause-and-play style. I pause the game, queue up everyone's actions and then hit "play" like a director of a film...I think allowing for that pause helps me not experience lag as much.

Hope that helps!
Forum Resident
#2136 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 6:06 PM
right now not so much since my ex who works for a game company came up to me with this one year trial code thingy for the base game and was like, found this at work, i know you love sims, so basically right now, i've made a sim (after having the game installed for a month, what a waste of a code) and pretty much exploring the game mechanics. I defiently have to learn some cheats and I have to learn how the builds works as I come directly from ts2 (and still play that as majority) but I have had fun exploring the 3 worlds in the base game so :D
So pretty much - nothing happened in my game beside me exploring.

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#2137 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 7:56 AM
My sim got married and on his wedding night he got frisky with his wife and right after he died from hysteria. o.O

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Scholar
#2138 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 2:57 AM
It's funny... just on the topic of game lag since Chax asked me, apparently my game only gets about 20-30 fps (It used to be higher at 60, I dont know why?) but apparently a lot of people have this issue, yet I don't have that much lag, just occasional, and the animation looks good/smooth to me. Meh, I'm not worried. :/ But if anyone knows about fps maybe let me know...

Just some random stuff about my graphics card and how updating windows messed up my game's graphics badly...

Anyway Gage and Amelia welcomed their second child, Dylan Clarke. Another boy! (I needs more girls!)

I'll stay with this family until the baby is a toddler. Their other son will age up around the same time to child. He's an angelic toddler so surprisingly I don't hate him.
Field Researcher
#2139 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I'll stay with this family until the baby is a toddler. Their other son will age up around the same time to child. He's an angelic toddler so surprisingly I don't hate him.

That sucks about the graphic issue but I'm glad you were able to fix it! I'm always super hesitant to update anything, because with any new update there are new bugs to go along with it and most of the time these companies don't even fix the old bugs. Maybe they just can't, maybe they don't care to, I don't know, but it causes a major lack of trust and respect IMO. I mean really, does anything respect EA anymore? Just saying..

LOL, surprisingly you don't hate him. I love that, because I feel strongly about my sims too and I usually get annoyed by the kids. Lately though, my sim's toddler has been crying non stop, probably because I get bored with just filling their basic needs and constantly forget to take care of her. Toddlers are really cute and I love them in the game, but they are super boring. I like pets better.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Scholar
#2140 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
That sucks about the graphic issue but I'm glad you were able to fix it! I'm always super hesitant to update anything, because with any new update there are new bugs to go along with it and most of the time these companies don't even fix the old bugs. Maybe they just can't, maybe they don't care to, I don't know, but it causes a major lack of trust and respect IMO. I mean really, does anything respect EA anymore? Just saying..

LOL, surprisingly you don't hate him. I love that, because I feel strongly about my sims too and I usually get annoyed by the kids. Lately though, my sim's toddler has been crying non stop, probably because I get bored with just filling their basic needs and constantly forget to take care of her. Toddlers are really cute and I love them in the game, but they are super boring. I like pets better.

My relationship with TS4 toddlers is love-hate. I love to hate them. No, haha. They are VERY cute and I love some of their interactions and such but when they're being bad, I haaaate them! At least their screaming isn't so unbearable this time around...
Test Subject
#2141 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 5:33 PM
His daughter is pregnant, she's still in school. He's terrified if the family will find out who the father is (You have three guesses...)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#2142 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 9:28 PM
I'm going round the neighborhoods with Jacques Villareal as he's trying to build his mischief skill. Every other house I visit there's a baby from Don... building his romance skill, and in my game NPC parents apparently don't take care of their babies, nor do NPC pet owners take care of their pets. So as we torture and trick the older residents, we're also feeding and cuddling their dependents, changing baby diapers etc. At the Bjergsen house I got sick of it and decided to test aging up their youngest as a visitor, from baby to toddler, and now I think Jacques is stuck with her, can't put her down anywhere. At least our good deeds are turning out to actually be quite evil, with the kidnapping and all.
Top Secret Researcher
#2143 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 11:39 PM
I've decided to use one of my antennas to ward off alien kidnapping. I didn't think this would be a problem, as they're kidnapping my alien!
Also, I cloned Lillith with my alien's Sim cloner just as a "how does that work" thing. Angelique gets along great with her sister. Clones are siblings, which makes sense. But Angelique only gets along in undead life because my alien sim, who works in the science field, is her "Plasma daddy". I've still not figured out how a vampire can keep body and soul together with a regular job. I like playing Angelique as a vampire this way, but in another save, my vampire doesn't have enough money to pay the bills.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2144 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 12:38 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 8th Nov 2018 at 3:16 AM.
I moved my game from the C:/ to the D:/ drive. I've heard alternating opinions on doing this, some have said that the game will take longer to load??? But my C// was literally almost full which is bad, and if I'm going to buy Get Famous (which I will once MCCC is updated) then I will have room for it. I did delete a LOOOOT of CC but it barely made a dent in it. Some of the stuff I cant even find to delete so whatever. I just started running my save file so the installation was successful. I've also heard its better to install games on the D// because if the C get's full it slows down the PC. Anyone automatically install games on the D drive or play from it?

In the meantime I'm playing Hugh, Pearl and their teen son William!

Here he is with girlfriend Emma. It's wintertime, and I might have them mess around (for the first time) on Love Day, and then leave to play the twins family.

Edit: Well looks like Emma and William had their own plans... she came over to visit after school and one thing led to another, I was off with the camera in a park nearby with mom and the dog... meanwhile the game informs me that Emma and William are having their first woohoo!
Test Subject
#2145 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 11:02 AM
Kaira, now alone with her daughter after her parents died of old age, comteplates on bringing back her brother, who died as a teenager. Kaira now has a mission.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2146 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 8:35 PM
After hours of reliving my childhood through Youtube, I started making sims out of characters from the shows I used to watch as a kid. Can anyone who guess who my latest nostalgia-fueled creations are:

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#2147 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 9:30 PM
The yellow is April from TMNT, I think.
Mad Poster
#2148 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:19 PM
Nope. All four are from the same show. Though they aren't adults in it.

Forum Resident
#2149 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:58 PM
They’re from the Proud Family. I can always recognize my girl Dijonay.

FOR THE HORDE
Mad Poster
#2150 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:59 PM
And we have a winner!

Page 86 of 104