Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:00 PM
Default Ideas for owned businesses
I have a family of a brother and sister who live in a farm. The brother is happy that way; however, the sister wants to be rich and move to the city. She got a job in the Real Estate career, available here on MTS. They were living fine, not rich, but not poor either. However, today something crazy happened. On a chance card, she got a 21.000.000§ bonus. This means that the farmers are currently the most wealthy family not only in the neighbourhood, but in my whole game. They are part of iCad's Build-A-City Challenge, so I used familyfunds to take away a million simoleons for a university (I guess the game can only handle up to 9.999.999§, 'cause as soon as I used the cheat, that's the money they were left with - just imagine they donated it to charity). I moved the sister out, with 9 million on hand, and left the brother with 1 million (still too much for a farmer, but...). I'm now on the process of building her a mansion, but that will leave with about 8.5 million to spare. I would like to know ways to spend that money (I do not want to throw it away, I would like using it for the benefit of the hood). Any ideas?
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:50 AM
Some people play BACCs such that community lots, when earned, must still be paid for somehow, usually through a tax fund. But in your case, perhaps she could "donate" some lots to the community (i.e., you build them as usual and then subtract the total lot value from her funds). You could focus on lots that would be of value and interest to the general public, and you could name them for her, if you like. Like a nice park, a library, a museum, a hospital, maybe a rec center, etc. Some such lots would open some careers, if you're playing by the original rules. These wouldn't be owned business, but just regular community lots. I suppose you could make them owned if you don't have community lot "points" available, though.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 2:07 AM
If you don't mind using hacks, Cyjon has a mod that allows you to donate owned lots back to the community:
http://cyjon.net/node/211
You could have your Sim purchase a lot, build it up, and then donate it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
If you don't mind using hacks, Cyjon has a mod that allows you to donate owned lots back to the community:
http://cyjon.net/node/211
You could have your Sim purchase a lot, build it up, and then donate it.

I was thinking of this myself, fantastic idea!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:32 PM
This just in: there are now Cowplants for sale in your business! Get 'em while they last!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:11 PM
You might want to report that to the creator of the career. I am guessing they intended for the chance card to give 21,000, but were unaware of that the game multiplies the sum they write in the BCON by 1000 after a certain career level. I think it's from level 6 and up, but I'm not sure and I can't find it at the moment. I discovered this a while back when I got too much from a chance card, and through testing it with @lientebollemeis we discovered that for some reason EA designed it so that it's multiplied in the upper levels. Perhaps she'll remember which level it is that it starts doing that.

It seems you were happy to get 21 million, but if I were a creator I'd still want to know if something is happening that I did not intend. Perhaps they did intend to give 21 million, but I'm guessing it was a mistake

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
You might want to report that to the creator of the career. I am guessing they intended for the chance card to give 21,000, but were unaware of that the game multiplies the sum they write in the BCON by 1000 after a certain career level. I think it's from level 6 and up, but I'm not sure and I can't find it at the moment. I discovered this a while back when I got too much from a chance card, and through testing it with @lientebollemeis we discovered that for some reason EA designed it so that it's multiplied in the upper levels. Perhaps she'll remember which level it is that it starts doing that.

It seems you were happy to get 21 million, but if I were a creator I'd still want to know if something is happening that I did not intend. Perhaps they did intend to give 21 million, but I'm guessing it was a mistake

It starts from lvl 7 and up. I created a spreadsheet for chance cards requests and indicated it there in the instructions.

P.S.: Nice thing that being mentioned in a post. Otherwise I would probably never seen this issue and I'm so glad I could help.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 3:03 PM
I'm happy, but I'm also not happy, as it is extremely unrealistic to earn 21 million just like that. And yes, I think the creator meant 21 thousand, as that is what was written in the chance card. I will try to contact him/her about that.
As for the donate lot option, it sounds interesting, but since this is a BACC I have to follow the rules. I'll make them owned, but free to visit.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 6:13 PM
Thanks liente, I knew it was somewhere in the upper regions but couldn't remember if it was 6 or 7

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.