Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 4:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Everything disappeared!
I am extremely frustrated. I have twallan traveler mod which let's me travel to other main worlds as vacation, I do it a lot it always works fine. I have a problem because my family lives in sunset valley, I sent them to Riverview on vacation. I had built a house designed for them, but they couldnt use it for some reason, so I had to use nraas to move them to that lot, which also apparently made Riverview their home world. After the vacation, I sent them to Sunset valley, but it had been reset or something, allall lots and houses I made disappeared. What can I do now??
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 4:40 PM
When you arrive at a custom destination, the mod should be asking you where you would like to stay (for free, the cost built into your travel ticket already). Can't say why the lot you had in mind is not showing up as an available choice, but I would done pretty much the same thing by selecting someplace else and then have them (a) purchase the home you build as a vacation home, it must be marked as Residential-Player Ownable (not Regular) in Edit Town for this to be available, then (b) move from the unwanted free living space to the vacation home by phone, not by mod. None of this should cause the traveling party to become residents of the destination world, to do that one must invoke Travler's Change Hometown and then save(as), quit, and reload. It's difficult to do by accident.

-- Possibly you had Traveler's Treat as Vacation set to False on the City Hall/in-game computer menu?
-- How did you move them to the wanted vacation home? MC > Add Sim would do what you describe and goof things up to the point of no return, I'm afraid. It's not intended to be used that way. Add Sim means make this my permanent home, immediately, and doesn't know anything about vacation modes that should be running at the time.
-- Did you really travel back to Sunset Valley? You can "travel" from vacation destination B to destination C, sort of a vacation within a vacation, if you like though it's kind of risky if the game loses track of where everyone is from. But one shouldn't be "traveling" back to the original world A that way, Return Home should be the better choice. If there was no Return Home option, then your sims were not really on a vacation any longer.

From where you are now, I would strongly suggest dumping this entire save and reverting to a prior one before ever having left home to try this all another way if you have such an older save available.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:03 PM
Hello, yes the only way I was able to move that family to that house was mc add Sims. It also changed the home world. However initially right after I had them trabel back to SV and saw everything was remaining
I guess it was maybe after their week in RV and saving, it somehow erased that. Thankfully I was smart in that I did a new save file while in RV and I still have the original save of SV right before they left. So can I take it that at this point, I have to load the original SV and forget the RV week happened?
Addrd: I did mark the house in RV as ownable, but probably should've left it as NPC. I tried to change it to that, but it always reverted to ownable again
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:19 PM Last edited by igazor : 9th Sep 2018 at 10:27 PM.
Just in case this isn't clear enough, MC > Add Sim doesn't know anything about Traveler and vacations. It will break games if you use it on the active household in a vacation world as the mod "thinks" the target lot is to be the sims' new permanent home immediately, very forcefully. We've had players try to use it on commercial lots just to get their sims to visit let's say a beach, again everything breaks because the beach becomes their permanent home even though they aren't really residents of the foreign world yet.

It's fine to use Add Sim to pull inactive sims in from other worlds to the currently being played one as full permanent residents. But not the active household. Traveler's Change Hometown really needs to be invoked to do that properly, keep things linked to the original homeworld as it was left, and avoid game breakage but of course at that point this isn't what you were trying to do either.

Yes, my recommendation is don't try to fix this. Revert gameplay to before they ever left SV as if none of this ever happened. Sorry, I know that can be painful but broken world links can be impossible to fix sometimes.

To change a lot from one kind of Residential to another, it is necessary to first change it to Community (let's say No Visitors Allowed, but doesn't really matter) and then the intended Residential type or else the changes won't stick. This was a game bug with Edit Town that EA never took care of.